rfox317

May 19, 2019
Yeah I can't open it. I downloaded it and quest was automatically downloaded as well. But it doesn't open even after I tried downloading and installing quest from their website. Glad other people are having fun though

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Yeah I can't open it. I downloaded it and quest was automatically downloaded as well. But it doesn't open even after I tried downloading and installing quest from their website. Glad other people are having fun though
Hello!

Sorry that you're having issues. I would be happy to help you install it if you like.

You've downloaded the game and the Quest software comes with it, so now you need to install the Quest Software.

Once you do that, you should be able to play the game. If not, remember there is a troubleshooting guide that comes with it. Be sure to follow it step by step if you're having issues. And if that, doesn't solve it by the end, go ahead and contact me again and I'll see what can be done.

Anonynn.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
AMS v0.35A is now Live :D

Word Count: 1,782,625
LinesOfCode: 112,376
Characters: 12,475,987

Current Public Version

Word Count: 1,871,039
LinesOfCode: 112,907
Characters: 13,026,146

Anonynn.

WinterDragon

Mar 27, 2017
Hey, the update isn't show on the recent updates page, maybe something went wrong. Is the save/load system suposed to be fixed in the public version because I get this error when trying to load:
Error running script: Error compiling expression '"saveLoad.loadGame('" + game.gamename + "', '" + text + "');"': Unknown object or variable 'text'

And Quest crashes when I try to save.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Hey, the update isn't show on the recent updates page, maybe something went wrong. Is the save/load system suposed to be fixed in the public version because I get this error when trying to load:
Error running script: Error compiling expression '"saveLoad.loadGame('" + game.gamename + "', '" + text + "');"': Unknown object or variable 'text'

And Quest crashes when I try to save.
The Save System is current being worked on. This is straight from the changelog :)

"NEWS:
Save System:—————————
For those who haven’t heard yet, there is a brand new Save System coming for the game in the near future. The story about this starts a long while back when I first realized that the current Save System was no longer adequate (or working), I reached out to this fantastic programmer to help design a new one from the ground up. I even offered to pay him entirely up-front. Unfortunately, he declined for severe depression reasons and that was pretty much that.

This is the reason I started reaching out to programmers in the first place to help try to create a Save System — but that turned out to be a mistake since a lot of the people I was talking to either got bombarded with real life or they were very unreliable/unprofessional.
Well, as it turns out, the same programmer I tried to hire the first time has been working on a brand new save system for Quest since I asked him. He just didn’t want the pressure of getting paid for it and meeting deadlines I guess….But I recently talked with him and the Save System is in the final stages of testing before it can be beta tested for games. AMS will be one of the first to try it out.

WHOO!

You can follow the post discussion .
But anyway, this will be a completely, brand new Save System which means I’ll have to adapt AMS to it and it’ll need a lot of testing. Best thing about it to is that I can add or subtract from the game file and the save system will adapt to that without breaking saves. It’s very exciting.

Let me know what all you think about that!"

So hopefully it'll all be fixed soon!

Anonynn.

Erbosch

Jun 28, 2018
Hello and thanks for the game... had a quick question. I played this some time a while back But i cant recall how the heck you craft.. Anyway you could give a step by step for someone who is a complete noob to Quest system. I have tried the sewing kit the crafting table. i have cloth but i cant seem to figure out the order in which to do it.. TIA

Reactions: Animalsfan5698

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Hello and thanks for the game... had a quick question. I played this some time a while back But i cant recall how the heck you craft.. Anyway you could give a step by step for someone who is a complete noob to Quest system. I have tried the sewing kit the crafting table. i have cloth but i cant seem to figure out the order in which to do it.. TIA
Hey!

I appreciate the thank you! ^_^ You're very welcome!

As for the crafting system, I'm probably going to overhaul the entire system so it's easier to understand/use (likely in the next few updates or so). I've been tackling one system at a time per update. Right now, I'm working on getting Entice completely finished and I'm a little more than half-way finished! Woo!

Honestly, I would hold off on trying to do it for the time being, at least until the system is overhauled and the save system is out.

Thanks for the question!

Anonynn.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
I don't know when the owner will eventually get around to adding that in.
Not a single page goes by on this thread without someone asking about it. Simply put, the author needs the help of a programmer to implement the new save system but every single person they found turned out to be completely and utterly unreliable. Thus, it hasn't happened yet. The author knows everyone is waiting on the new save system, if they haven't said anything then it's because there's nothing to be said yet.

The combination of extremely bad luck in finding a reliable programmer and low income from Patreon (350$) plus the fact the last time this game was updated was in Nov, leads me to believe this game is kind of in a bad spot. I wouldn't be surprised if the author started losing hope or felt inclined to ditch this project altogether. This is just speculation from my part though.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019
Not a single page goes by on this thread without someone asking about it. Simply put, the author needs the help of a programmer to implement the new save system but every single person they found turned out to be completely and utterly unreliable. Thus, it hasn't happened yet. The author knows everyone is waiting on the new save system, if they haven't said anything then it's because there's nothing to be said yet.

The combination of extremely bad luck in finding a reliable programmer and low income from Patreon (350$) plus the fact the last time this game was updated was in Nov, leads me to believe this game is kind of in a bad spot. I wouldn't be surprised if the author started losing hope or felt inclined to ditch this project altogether. This is just speculation from my part though.
I hope the person gets better in the future with sorting the problem out, that game can be really good for most users that likes it.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Is there a debug menu for the game?
There is not a debug menu for the game. Although, donators can receive codes that allow you to access different menu's and sub-menu's that pertain to specific aspects of your character; i.e race, stats, body-part sizes etc.

Any luck with the saving system? Game seems to be amazing but not being able to save is a true deal breaker for me.
Hey! I appreciate the kind words and I'm glad you like the game. I'll answer the question regarding the save system below though!

Hi! Thanks for commenting. I appreciate you taking it upon yourself to explain the situation so I don't have to for the millionth time, lol! But yeah, pretty much everything you said is spot on except that 'Apocamorphosis' is not dead or in trouble or anything. But it IS temporarily paused/halted in production.

The reason behind this decision is that I'm planning to port it over to another engine since the Save System for Quest just keeps getting delayed/pushed back again and again, and I've basically given up on Quest in it's current iteration. It's sad really since the engine is fantastic in most cases but for my game, it isn't. I just thought everyone, including myself, deserves better hence why I moved on from it.

In the meantime, I've been developing small microgames to help me get used to other engines so that I can decide which would be the best to port Apocamorphosis over to (both in terms of functionality/game-play and the ability to hold all of the information needed).

So far I created a micro-FPS (first person shooter) in Unity. It's nothing special or anything but could provide about 20-40 minutes of gameplay. I didn't post it on here though because I didn't think it was the right medium or anything because it's not an RPG or an adult game.

The next microgame I'm creating is "The Symbol" which is an adult superhero/life-sim combination. It will be about balancing your life between superhero work and normal life. You'll be able to have a family if you choose, give up on hero work altogether or only go out intermittently, meet up with friends or lovers, work with other superheroes or become a villain. It won't be heavily in the descriptions like Apocamorphosis is however.

I might develop one or two more games for each engine as well before I go back to Apocamorphosis and begin the port. The reason why is because Apocamorphosis is a massive text adventure and I need to know the engine I'm porting it to through and through otherwise it will be filled with bugs.

But yeah, that's everything so far and my plan for the future.

I hope the person gets better in the future with sorting the problem out, that game can be really good for most users that likes it.
I hope all of that answered your inquiries. I did lose hope for a week or two after I gave up on Quest, but I really, really love Apocamorphosis and ever since I halted production, it's felt like a big hole in my life. So I definitely want to return to it as soon as possible. I just need more familiarity with the new engines it'll be ported over to.

I hope to have a version of 'The Symbol' released sometime this month or the beginning of next. But it's slow going so far. Inform is ...a weird mess of code that takes a while getting used to and being confined into.

Anonynn.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Anonynn
I read you are looking into other engines that might be useful for your games like unity and inform 7, have you taken a look at the godot engine?

1.90 star(s) 7 Votes