Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
Why, just why all the actually good games gets abandoned, a text based game that had the potential to be on the top of the site just got abandoned AGAIN, Humanity was a big mistake indeed :cry: :cry: :cry:
...are we talking about the same game here? this is good, yeah, but i wouldn't say it was great. it's restrictive and scripted in everything you do, there's no freedom beyond 'choose your newest flavour', and honestly half the most interesting paths would have required radical changes to the game to see completion. in the end its abandonment wasn't a true surprise.

this game is hardly the greatest, or even one of the greatest, or even in my top 20. it's decent, there are better games out there, and no one is broke up about it being abandoned.

i think you need to go play more text-based games if you think this was one of the best.

and it's been abandoned for nearly two years now, and 'had the potential to be the top of the site' is such a blatant lie it hurts.

if this made you think humanity was a big mistake, oh boi *slaps Mein Kampf* do i have a shock for you

Crys Heart

Oct 27, 2019
Kind of ironic that this game was an already-dead game that the dev tried to resurrect XP

Really loved the OG, and was hoping this would go far, but alas. I'd like to cling on to belief that the dev would return, but....... well, you know how it is with HTML games on this site XP

Reactions: Lord Kentus

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

I wasn't expecting much of this game and the result was correct.

The worldbuilding is really consequent.
The characters are numerous and most of their description is too short.
The story is good and go everywhere like any interactive/CYOA fiction.
There's no artistical support. It's not bothering for this game, though it's usually better to have some base to let our mind wander better.

The start was really good and amusing but too short (I would have loved more Kurt, Kris or Kira content, Mark being a lost cause though). The crystals and the sword were useless. After chosing a side, the sexual content is pratically always forced. It was amusing to find all the past lives and checkpoint, though, using a previous save (to try the darkness side after finishing the light side) made me lose everything I found... The side-stories were short but entertaining (though it's impossible to join the main story through the symbols ones). The forced transformation for the mercies content was annoying (it's the only part were we have no influence on who we are).

Good continuation.

Reactions: LordOrion94

Chakas

Dec 19, 2017
WHAT DO YOU MEAN DOOM GUY PATH ISN'T FINISHED!??? What kind of torture is this, to find a game with such potential only to lose it....OH YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT, THEREFORE YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT

DiWaref

Oct 16, 2022
...are we talking about the same game here? this is good, yeah, but i wouldn't say it was great. it's restrictive and scripted in everything you do, there's no freedom beyond 'choose your newest flavour', and honestly half the most interesting paths would have required radical changes to the game to see completion. in the end its abandonment wasn't a true surprise.

this game is hardly the greatest, or even one of the greatest, or even in my top 20. it's decent, there are better games out there, and no one is broke up about it being abandoned.

i think you need to go play more text-based games if you think this was one of the best.

and it's been abandoned for nearly two years now, and 'had the potential to be the top of the site' is such a blatant lie it hurts.

if this made you think humanity was a big mistake, oh boi *slaps Mein Kampf* do i have a shock for you
You got me interested, mind dropping some good text-based games that are better than apotheosis?

Reactions: fajke

jazz154

Jul 21, 2017
You got me interested, mind dropping some good text-based games that are better than apotheosis?
While I am not him, I will throw some of my favorites in no particular order:
Incubus City - you play as incubus and your main goal is to impregnate as many women as you can, it has a lot of replayability as you unlock different starts and get different endings
College Daze - you will play as college freshman that can see magic lights and use them to mess around with people
Hentai University - hypnotist employed as student counselor, as you can imagine main theme is mind control and I think images are taken from random games but still manage to stay somewhat consistent
The Company - another mind control game, but this time its serum and not magic powers
Confidence Man - from the description:
a Con Man in witness protection, you are relocated to a small, coastal island where you are employed as a Professor of Psychology and Human Sexuality
pretty fun game, instead of direct mind control you get stats based on the way you approach others and build your character that way

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention possibly the best text game since it's different genre than apotheosis, but it would be crime to not mention it:
Free Cities - it's more of a management sim than anything else. You play as new arcology owner. Basically you train slaves and manage your city. Original game was abandoned but is going strong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blanck and DiWaref

Kerbal243

Sep 17, 2022

What wold you recommend (preferably with gay content; if you're not into that then I'll take whatever lol)

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
The main thing I like about this game is how imaginative it is, but the wide scope of scenarios it has also is its weakness since it doesn't get the chance to dwell on any one scenario and develop the characters. That didn't stop me from enjoying it a great deal and I consider it a worthwhile experience.

I'm actually meh about some of the alternative text-based games being suggested in here, but ultimately they're trying for very different things than this game and many of them has more 'game' in them.

Deathlore421

Jul 11, 2020
All download links are down, does anyone still have the newest version? Really wanted to play through this again.

EDIT: V.13 was still up on Mega so I nabbed it, still would like V.14 if anyone has it!

kissmyass3545

Sep 22, 2020
Really sad this was abandoned. It was really amazing. Some of the deepest writing and choices I've ever encountered in a game.

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
Really sad this was abandoned. It was really amazing. Some of the deepest writing and choices I've ever encountered in a game.
i was gonna rip on you for having no clue about anything but then i read the words again and figured you were being sarcastic. in which case, good job, gold star.

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes