VN Ren'Py Abandoned Arbiter's Gaze [v0.8] [ProneHouse Studio]

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
is there a walkthrough for this game, because i got the bj scene first time i played this game now i cant seem to get it.

Also i dont get the scene where you first meet and serve the author, but bit later get the option to get the first chapter?
I tried all kinds of combinations and to be honest all of em lead up to getting tied up, My guess is he just took out the BJ and made it in to a Tying game for now, Because getting the BJ was pretty darn easy before, I deleted all my saves and a fresh extract of the game and tried and everything leads to getting tied up, There is no point indicator or anything to let you know what leads where so yeah Walkthrough is welcomed on this, I checked the Images also and all I can find in there are the animations of the getting tied up and etc, Not sure but iirc the BJ scenes were not animated, So I am guessing he took those out and plans to re add em later in a different update as animated or he just decided that it was going too " fast " so he going with the slow route build up, Because the game doesn't even give you the option to save Ji-A or whatever her name is by sleeping with her and claiming her, that route is probably completely taken out or at least the part for it to trigger has been temporarily closed.

Reactions: JonSnow4Life

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
This is why I'm going to stay away from the game for a while. I love the artwork and the sex is really hot (if way, way too short; add more dialogues please, even if it's over otherwise static renders), but the blizzard of route-based choices is just too much. Do I know if dominant, submissive, loyal, lesbian, group, whore, or whatever else is the path to a scene I know exists? The game is spectacularly awful at giving me hints. Yes I've peeked at the code, but I shouldn't have to.

To me, this is a classic "biting off more than one can chew" game in which the initial ambition is confronting the reality of satisfying all those routes. I don't even know if the dev reads this thread, but I'd strongly suggest limiting the routes to three or so and focusing on delivering sexual content on those routes...not concurrently, but sequentially. This game has so much potential but it's not being met, and I think it's because the ambition has outstripped the realities of production.

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
v0.7.4
Mostly devoted to the Ji-A subplot.
Are you kidding me?! The Ji-A subplot has been the only subplot that got any real attention in the earlier releases. It was the only one that triggered the sex-per-day requirement for Lindsay. Lindsay has witnessed sex acts, dreamt of sex acts, watched a masturbation, masturbated several times herself, even blew a guy... almost, but no non-dream male (since she left her boyfriend behind) has gotten anywhere near her pussy. She has, however, had two rug-munching sessions with Ji-A through 0.7.3. And now, we get more of that?

I haven't looked at this release yet. I am just about to do that. So perhaps my rant is premature. But I didn't bargain on a primarily lesbian show when I started to play this game. I actually downplay the lesbian choices. That variable is near the bottom in my choices. So, I don't actually experience those scenes. But I have read the code, and I see where the emphasis has been.

Speaking of the code... I certainly hope the developer has taken the time to fix his mistakes, or will soon do so. There is so much dead code, that is unreachable because of poor coding. It is inconceivable that this code was actually tested by someone who was looking at the code at the same time. It took only seconds for me to spot these things as I was playing along. I mean, when you see a 'jump' to a label farther down the script, followed immediately by several lines of unreachable code, you know that something has gone amiss. Several times I have had to modify the code and reload the game to get a scene or add points that were bypassed because the points were added to an 'if' statement after a jump. As in, if test; jump somelabel; add 1 to variable; elseif. That ain't gonna work!

This is a pity, because the artwork is superb, and the plot is interesting with much promise for future action, if the developer can ever get it together.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Seriously, I don't think the Dev is around, the best thing would be to try to talk to him on his Patreon page.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
It is inconceivable that this code was actually tested by someone who was looking at the code at the same time.
Sadly agreed. Two updates ago I was studying the script and realized there was a ton of content that simply wasn't accessible. It doesn't seem like that's changed; if anything, it's gotten worse.

Most games in this genre could use an editor. This game is written just fine, but it desperately needs a code editor.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Okay, what we have with the 0.7.4 release is the morning after with or without Ji-A, depending on whether you have taken that route. And then the very start of her work shift. No added sex. No added nudity. Maybe 5 minutes of play time on the non-Ji-A route. [I counted 43 lines of text with no choices.] Probably a couple of minutes longer if you take the Ji-A route.

Seems to be mostly a lead-in to the next release, which could add some content with Lindsay's three beach buddies, who find her at the bar.

And no, I refuse to spoiler this. People need to know this information before bothering to download.

Last edited:

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
someone know how to get this scene 0219 the one lindsay enjoy the kiss the stewardess

fea876

Nov 24, 2018
I did a small Java program to rewrite the script.rpy file to include the stats in the choices. Meaning, if the DEV change the way is writing his code, i could not be able to maintain it. I'm lazy and I will not edit manually the file.

I could share my modified script.rpy file.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
That was a pretty damn short update looks like I missed something because I never got the Ji-A route :unsure: all I got was Lindsay doing a bit of waitressing and that was it.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Well yeah, updates are short but then again the art is hand made, not your usual 3Daz assets or even worse Honey select.
On the other hand the dev isn't making much, so what to do? Work 2 or 3 months to make bigger updates or make short ones faster to gain patrons?
I don't know why but people seems to prefer 3daz incest gobbo games before drawn ones, I have seen several games like this one being abandoned after some time due to the lack of interest.

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes