VN Ren'Py Abandoned Arbiter's Gaze [v0.8] [ProneHouse Studio]

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes

Androvinus

Apr 5, 2019
how long is the game
Its not very long. It took less than 2 hours for me to get to the end.
Its not bad. It has some potential. Very good art and some interesting scenarios. It also doesn't feel like one of those games that is trying to avoid putting in sexual content to string along patrons. Still it has some bugs and the choices don't matter much. You don't have much control over the main character's thoughts or feelings. But I am interested to see how it progresses. Definitely still worth playing.

Reactions: Hyped

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
To expand on what I wrote before: various types of sexual encounters happen from the beginning and they keep happening, so there's no lack of sexual content. The story's a little absurd (amusingly so, though) and generally fine, though once it moves to the island the corruption feels a bit too fast-paced. The writing's good. I really like the art, and the dev has a good eye for staging and perspective. Frankly, the variety — instead of DAZ or HS — is refreshing. One caveat: there's less art per scene than people might be used to, and less dialogue/description as well.

Given the variables that are being tracked with each choice, there's potential for a fairly large number of paths, which is good from a replay perspective but will probably shorten updates once the dev gets into the heart of the game. Not much has been done with those variables yet, however. My suspicion is that the gameplay's going to be all about hitting thresholds for certain types of encounters...whether or not the main character's going to have sex, what type of sex it will be, and who it will be with. There are already exclusive paths, though they're not (so far) dependent on the "personality" variables, but on obvious binary or trinary choices.

One thing that struck me is that every choice that advances a variable reduces all the others, so if this game is split into paths I suspect they're going to be more or less exclusive, and that one can't choose to be (for instance) a nymphomaniac and a submissive. With a few exceptions the choices match the variables that they alter, and while they require a little bit of thought at times, the path to (for example) turning her into a prostitute is pretty clear.

Reactions: Hyped and nazcool

Redmoon82

Feb 1, 2018
I like the drawing and the plot (it's not too difficult and probably already used somewhere in the literature), the choice in the dialogs is somewhat vague, the options for the consequences of the choice are not clear, I chose almost by chance without thinking. The option to create from a simple girl a prostitute is meaningless, you do not need to take her to a specially built island with its infrastructure: there are cheaper options. Here the meaning is somewhat different, to show either internal perversity, or vice versa, to test loyalty and morality. Does she like having sex just like that or does it have to be done because of the father’s illness and stuff like that.

Dsandr

May 12, 2018
Listen here, I know one trick - if the characters will be placed on the horizon, then you don’t have to draw them at all.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
There were a whole bunch of things I couldn't figure out how to access, despite (I thought) trying everything. My guess is that there are logical errors in the code.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
The story doesn't advance much, but it seems that there are several changes in the old story (unless I just missed the choices that led, for instance, to the bartender . The scene where Lindsey actually meets the story editor for the first time hasn't fired in the last two updates, but the subsequent meetings went off as though it did.

Still a great game, and on my waiting list for patreon.

Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
Um some of the scenes from the older version seem to have been removed? I remember you could blow the bartender guy or have sex with the waitress, but now i can't trigger either of those paths. What's up?

EDIT: I still have the old version so i quickly played through that to confirm. In 0.772 you get a choice in the bartenders office, but the only option i can ever get to show is "forget it all"

But in 0.6, the options "Sex with Ji-A" and "blow Fletcher" never fail to show up along side "forget it all".

Bugged, or removed content...?

Last edited:
Reactions: JonSnow4Life

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Never played this one before but so far it's not bad at all Lindsay is quite the looker it's really the artwork that caught my eye the most on this it's really well made makes me envious of people that can draw so well :LOL:

Reactions: AnyName'llDo

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Um some of the scenes from the older version seem to have been removed? I remember you could blow the bartender guy or have sex with the waitress, but now i can't trigger either of those paths. What's up?

EDIT: I still have the old version so i quickly played through that to confirm. In 0.772 you get a choice in the bartenders office, but the only option i can ever get to show is "forget it all"

But in 0.6, the options "Sex with Ji-A" and "blow Fletcher" never fail to show up along side "forget it all".

Bugged, or removed content...?
I believe the bartender scene has at least added (and maybe replaced) a scene where Lindsey can engage in some bondage with the bartender. I think that the options presented now reflect Lindsey's state of mind based on previous choices. When i played it last version, I had the choices you did, but the latest version Lindsey can only choose bondage or "forget it."

I am hoping this represents progress and not a new bug! :cool:

morphiospain

Jan 8, 2019
The art is very interesting like it so far. The content and the story need more work. It is decent and worth a look.
Keep it up liking it so far.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Just tried ... I like the unique look, but there are some problems. First day on the island after that stuff with Ji-A (where I had no option to do anything ... :/ ) - I had the choice to get "the first chapter", but i had no clue what that was. Sure I understand it then, but how does the MC know that? I had no text that explained that she saw the author or talked with him before that.

And not much content for such a high version number and 1 year. But I guess the art need a lot of time to make.

Reactions: JonSnow4Life

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Hand-drawn works always take a lot more time. For me, the art is fantastic and well worth the wait. I have some issues with the gameplay and the coding, but the game just isn't mature enough for me to start complaining.

As a general observation, were I writing this game I probably would've done two paths to a much greater degree of completion, then started layering the other 3-4 paths over what I'd done. So very little is consequential compared to the constant stat-check choices, and while that may all pay off beautifully when the game is a zillion hours long, it runs into the GGGB issue in that path-specific updates are incremental at best.

Still, I'm extremely intrigued by what's been done so far and look forward to the future.

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes