Others Arcana: Heat and Cold [Season 1 Ch. 1-5/8 + Season 2 Ch. 1-5 + Season Stories 1-2 Ch.] [HarDDeer]

4.40 star(s) 10 Votes

Big Green

Aug 19, 2017
Does the game really need this tag?
I just don't like making up names. In fact, other than the modified names of some of the characters, the game has nothing to do with league of legends.
But what about their looks? Don't tell me they are not 'inspired' by lol.

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
But what about their looks? Don't tell me they are not 'inspired' by lol.
Oh, you must mean Diana. I can't think of anyone else who clearly fits your criteria.
I agree about Diana, but...

In short, the game was done gradually. In the beginning, I did 2 chapters (when was it, 2.5 years ago?) to get the feedback from people. To find some pitfalls, and avoid further mistakes, etc..

At the time I didn't have a clear picture of what the game would be like.
I drew inspiration from different sources, I did not hesitate to copy a lot of things and learn from them.
Gradually, with experience, there was less of that.
Anyway, if the game interests you and you play Season 2 or Stories, it will be noticeable.

There are far fewer references to anything (like League names and certain design moments) in my game now than there used to be.

And overall, the game has its own story and world, and I think it has become quite distinctive.

Reactions: Artix0

Big Green

Aug 19, 2017
Oh, you must mean Diana. I can't think of anyone else who clearly fits your criteria.
I agree about Diana, but...

In short, the game was done gradually. In the beginning, I did 2 chapters (when was it, 2.5 years ago?) to get the feedback from people. To find some pitfalls, and avoid further mistakes, etc..

At the time I didn't have a clear picture of what the game would be like.
I drew inspiration from different sources, I did not hesitate to copy a lot of things and learn from them.
Gradually, with experience, there was less of that.
Anyway, if the game interests you and you play Season 2 or Stories, it will be noticeable.

There are far fewer references to anything (like League names and certain design moments) in my game now than there used to be.

And overall, the game has its own story and world, and I think it has become quite distinctive.
Not only Diana, but Vayne? Just with a regilar glasses. Also as you mentioned names like GP with oranges, (E)Leona. As i see it the game was initialy planned as some kind of a parody and later on moved from that concept. But still we have games like wind disciple, that also only took some champs from lol and the rest is their own srory and world. Yet they get the parody tag.

On another note, can you tell me what is the purpose of cold and hot runes in the h scenes, when you can't place the wrong one or the changes are minimal? Seems like a fake interactivity just for show.

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
Not only Diana, but Vayne? Just with a regilar glasses. Also as you mentioned names like GP with oranges, (E)Leona. As i see it the game was initialy planned as some kind of a parody and later on moved from that concept. But still we have games like wind disciple, that also only took some champs from lol and the rest is their own srory and world. Yet they get the parody tag.

On another note, can you tell me what is the purpose of cold and hot runes in the h scenes, when you can't place the wrong one or the changes are minimal? Seems like a fake interactivity just for show.
Yeah, right. Vayne is a milf with huge tits who lives in a house with Gangplank. And if he eats the cat, he gets rid of CC.
Apparently a lot has changed in League of Legends since the last time I played =)

Runes are just a minigame, a "guess right" with no consequences type of minigame.
The combat system, which is more like a game, and in which you can lose, starts in season 2.

Big Green

Aug 19, 2017
Yeah, right. Vayne is a milf with huge tits who lives in a house with Gangplank. And if he eats the cat, he gets rid of CC.
Apparently a lot has changed in League of Legends since the last time I played =)

Runes are just a minigame, a "guess right" with no consequences type of minigame.
The combat system, which is more like a game, and in which you can lose, starts in season 2.
Well technically Vayne is a milf alright. She is 35+ and has tits btw (just look at her splash). And don't tell me the name of a cat is coincidence pls. I'm telling you it's your vision of the game so it's alright for GP and Vayne to be married, but these characters are still parody of the existing ones in lol.

Didn't play S2 yet, bit in my opinion in S1 runes are really useless. It would be cooler if they had consequences and different outcomes.

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
Well technically Vayne is a milf alright. She is 35+ and has tits btw (just look at her splash). And don't tell me the name of a cat is coincidence pls. I'm telling you it's your vision of the game so it's alright for GP and Vayne to be married, but these characters are still parody of the existing ones in lol.

Didn't play S2 yet, bit in my opinion in S1 runes are really useless. It would be cooler if they had consequences and different outcomes.
I'm not saying the cat's name is random.
I just have a peculiar attitude toward names.
Parody implies a fairly strong connection to the original. In Arcana H&C it's just references, nothing more.

But if you want to think of it as a parody, that's fine.
On the whole, it's not important or critical.

4.40 star(s) 10 Votes