Others Arcana: Heat and Cold [Season 1 Ch. 1-5/8 + Season 2 Ch. 1-5 + Season Stories 1-2 Ch.] [HarDDeer]

4.40 star(s) 10 Votes

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
I can only speak for myself, but one of the reasons I haven't tried the game yet is because I'm having a hard time figuring out what you actually do in the game. The art is admittedly nice, but the screenshots don't really tie into the game's overview. There's mentions of arcane fever, unique personalities/fetishes, magic runes, and psychology, but I don't recognize anything in the preview image that can be matched to any of those things. There's a lot of sex, but nothing I'd describe as fetishy. I can also see screenshots of combat, but it doesn't look very engaging. I'm worried that the story will be very barebones and the reviews are too out of date to answer that question. I'd also add that the tags don't help set my expectations. Like "spanking" could be anything between playful taps to borderline torture. And the other reason is the paywall, but I'd imagine that's not something you'd budge on. Best of luck.
Oh, what a good commentary!
Tldr: the game has a lot of art and text, + in second season there are gameplay parts.
There are no hard fetishes or anything particularly specific.

-Tags and Fetishes:
I'd say the game is in the Vanilla plus genre.
By "plus," I mean there's light to medium bdsm, some lesbians, voyeurism (not ntr), oral-anal sex, and other stuff in the scenes that brings variety to regular sex and situations in the story, but doesn't overstep certain boundaries. In other words, it’s not as boring as vanilla, but not as hardcore to be a main tag, or become anti-vanilla.

-Gameplay:
Runes in season 1 are extremely rudimentary, and serve more as variety, and are more important for the story than gameplay. In gameplay, they are nothing more than a small minigame, along with the other minigames.

In season 2, combat system is introduced, which I personally like, as it brings variety to the narrative, but I can well imagine that someone will 100% not be interested in it.

-Story and other things:
The game by and large stands on 2 pillars:
Story+Arts.
If you like the art, and don’t have problems with the wall of text, you’ll most probably like the game.
If not, most likely not.

Paywall:
Seasons (7 chapters each) can be purchased on Itch or on Steam for 5 bucks each. But still, we know that if one wants it that badly, they can always pirate it. Although you can tell if you like the game or not by playing the first two chapters of the first season (although I think it is a little weaker than season 2, but overall they still convey the general feel of the game). And here you can find demos that have 10 chapters (of 16 total) available for free. That is ~ 70% of the entire game.
I don't think that's any high price to pay.

- Anyway, I'm well aware that the game isn't for everyone.
I know that not everyone plays erotic games for the story, and not everyone likes the anime style. That's fine, and I have no issues with that.

I hope I've made some things clear. But I'll be happy to answer any other questions you might have.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Oh, what a good commentary!
Tldr: the game has a lot of art and text, + in second season there are gameplay parts.
There are no hard fetishes or anything particularly specific.

-Tags and Fetishes:
I'd say the game is in the Vanilla plus genre.
By "plus," I mean there's light to medium bdsm, some lesbians, voyeurism (not ntr), oral-anal sex, and other stuff in the scenes that brings variety to regular sex and situations in the story, but doesn't overstep certain boundaries. In other words, it’s not as boring as vanilla, but not as hardcore to be a main tag, or become anti-vanilla.

-Gameplay:
Runes in season 1 are extremely rudimentary, and serve more as variety, and are more important for the story than gameplay. In gameplay, they are nothing more than a small minigame, along with the other minigames.

In season 2, combat system is introduced, which I personally like, as it brings variety to the narrative, but I can well imagine that someone will 100% not be interested in it.

-Story and other things:
The game by and large stands on 2 pillars:
Story+Arts.
If you like the art, and don’t have problems with the wall of text, you’ll most probably like the game.
If not, most likely not.

Paywall:
Seasons (7 chapters each) can be purchased on Itch or on Steam for 5 bucks each. But still, we know that if one wants it that badly, they can always pirate it. Although you can tell if you like the game or not by playing the first two chapters of the first season (although I think it is a little weaker than season 2, but overall they still convey the general feel of the game). And here you can find demos that have 10 chapters (of 16 total) available for free. That is ~ 70% of the entire game.
I don't think that's any high price to pay.

- Anyway, I'm well aware that the game isn't for everyone.
I know that not everyone plays erotic games for the story, and not everyone likes the anime style. That's fine, and I have no issues with that.

I hope I've made some things clear. But I'll be happy to answer any other questions you might have.
Thanks for replying. I think it would help to showcase some of the minigames or other features either visually or verbally. Like up until you told me that there are minigames, I wouldn't have expected to run into any. As for combat, I'm not specifically against it, but it reminds me too much of some of the older pay-to-win browser games. Obviously there's no pay to win in this game, but the format of the games I'm thinking of weren't enjoyable. If there are novel or enticing aspects, it's good to showcase them.

Regarding the game being story-oriented, I don't mind reading, but a large volume of words isn't enticing in itself. Like when someone browses for a book, they're not going to pick just a thick-looking book and immediately start reading. They're going to examine the title, cover, and summary before deciding if they'll even open the book. The overview doesn't really give much to expect. It's already fallen into the trap of saying each girl is unique rather than showing how. Like anyone can say they have interesting characters, a magical setting, and psychology or whatever, but not a lot of people can do a good job. You need to somehow convey that your story is just as good as your art, if you really consider it one of the game's pillars.

Although you can tell if you like the game or not by playing the first two chapters.
I would rather dedicate a few hours reading/playing something I'd think I'd enjoy than spend several hour trying out several books/games that I'm not too sure about. If I have to eventually pay to get the full game, the game would have to be something I'd choose over another game of equivalent cost. You have to remember that you're effectively competing against other games, and the 5 bucks (per season) someone could be spending on you could also be spent on something else. The game will have to look more appealing than a good amount of 'something else' if people are to even give it a try. If you don't make clear what your game has to offer, how is your target audience going to find you?

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
Thanks for replying. I think it would help to showcase some of the minigames or other features either visually or verbally. Like up until you told me that there are minigames, I wouldn't have expected to run into any. As for combat, I'm not specifically against it, but it reminds me too much of some of the older pay-to-win browser games. Obviously there's no pay to win in this game, but the format of the games I'm thinking of weren't enjoyable. If there are novel or enticing aspects, it's good to showcase them.

Regarding the game being story-oriented, I don't mind reading, but a large volume of words isn't enticing in itself. Like when someone browses for a book, they're not going to pick just a thick-looking book and immediately start reading. They're going to examine the title, cover, and summary before deciding if they'll even open the book. The overview doesn't really give much to expect. It's already fallen into the trap of saying each girl is unique rather than showing how. Like anyone can say they have interesting characters, a magical setting, and psychology or whatever, but not a lot of people can do a good job. You need to somehow convey that your story is just as good as your art, if you really consider it one of the game's pillars.

I would rather dedicate a few hours reading/playing something I'd think I'd enjoy than spend several hour trying out several books/games that I'm not too sure about. If I have to eventually pay to get the full game, the game would have to be something I'd choose over another game of equivalent cost. You have to remember that you're effectively competing against other games, and the 5 bucks (per season) someone could be spending on you could also be spent on something else. The game will have to look more appealing than a good amount of 'something else' if people are to even give it a try. If you don't make clear what your game has to offer, how is your target audience going to find you?
Honestly, I don't know how to argue with your position=)
The description here is indeed much more concise than on Steam or Itch.
Maybe I'll add to some parts later. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

But in general, you can see everything on screenshots.
Art quality and quantity can be seen in the screenshots.
Story - well, there is no other way but to try the demo.

Minigames are not something significant in the game, that’s why they aren’t shown specifically. Combat system is also rather simple to be described in great detail.

The game has a demo. The game has reviews here and reviews on Steam and Itch. If that's not enough to know if you want to play the game or not,
then you probably don't, because there's nothing else in the game worth mentioning. And if someone likes the game, usually it's because of the art and the story.

And if you don't believe player reviews, you certainly won't believe the developer's description=)

But I'm not against your position. I just do not want to deceive your expectations.
But as for me, I'm not that kind of person - for me descriptions have never been something meaningful, because they can not reveal the quality of the product. Take any game on Steam, not a single low-quality game will have a description that says it's bad. Even the reviews are often far from reality=)

Furthermore, I don't have the task of pushing hard for someone to play my game.
My audience is people who get interested in the screenshots.
Not a single developer wants to promise something incredible and get negative feedback from people who are not particularly eager to play their game.

I hope that doesn't sound aggressive. I assure you, I didn't put any resentment in my comment.
On the contrary, I was glad to hear what you told me.
But in general, that information is something I have already considered.

m666x

Aug 11, 2017
Can't say I've read through all the comments to check, but I'd like to ask: How close are the demos to the full versions on Steam? For example, 50% or 80%, et cetera.

I don't mind supporting but I'd like a clearer idea of how much I'm missing out on.

m666x

Aug 11, 2017
Can't say I've read through all the comments to check, but I'd like to ask: How close are the demos to the full versions on Steam? For example, 50% or 80%, et cetera.

I don't mind supporting but I'd like a clearer idea of how much I'm missing out on.
Never mind. I had a dumdum moment. It literally says the chapters in the developer's post.

• Hey there
Reactions: rageaholic

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
ArcanaHeatAndColdStories-CH1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
ArcanaHeatAndCold-S2
ArcanaHeatAndCold-S1
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

magrao121

Apr 1, 2019
Game looks really good, nice artwork.
Soo, what's the correct order to play it? The Season "Stories" Ch.1 or the Season 1 & 2 in the spoiler?
The title is confusing for me....

Murazio

Apr 30, 2018
I would say its S1 ; S2 and Stories. Sounds like a prologue / aftermath ?
Have not tried it myself yet but I am willing to give it a go.

Edit:

Okay, it is rather confusing for me as well. The1 and 2 downloads are called demo files. I guess the fastest way to see how it actually is, is to launch S1 and Stories and compare the beginnings.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: magrao121

Qianke

Apr 27, 2019
game looks extremely boring, like a waste of time kind of boring. Not a single screenshot in the OP looks appealing and showcases anything really, be it dialogue or how erotic the scenes in the game can be.

That coupled with the popularity of the thread makes me think that the game isn't really good.

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
Game looks really good, nice artwork.
Soo, what's the correct order to play it? The Season "Stories" Ch.1 or the Season 1 & 2 in the spoiler?
The title is confusing for me....
I would say its S1 ; S2 and Stories. Sounds like a prologue / aftermath ?
Have not tried it myself yet but I am willing to give it a go.

Edit:

Okay, it is rather confusing for me as well. The1 and 2 downloads are called demo files. I guess the fastest way to see how it actually is, is to launch S1 and Stories and compare the beginnings.
The order for the games is as follows.
Season 1, Season 2, Season "Stories".
You should play them chronologically according to their release dates. The new season is called "Stories" because it shifts the focus a little bit from the main character, and tells more about the world in which all the events take place.

• Red Heart
Reactions: magrao121

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
game looks extremely boring, like a waste of time kind of boring. Not a single screenshot in the OP looks appealing and showcases anything really, be it dialogue or how erotic the scenes in the game can be.

That coupled with the popularity of the thread makes me think that the game isn't really good.
You can check out the reviews on Steam, or here, about the game.
Some might definitely find it boring based on the fact that it has a lot of text. But I've positioned the game as text-oriented in the first place. There are more pictures, especially in the following seasons, although even in 1, there were generally enough of them.
Content-wise, the game is... I'd say vanilla plus. I mean, it has tags that you see in the description, and some wouldn't call them vanilla. I mean, I tried to make it not completely bland, but also not "stray away from God," haha.
This, too, must be taken into account when making an opinion about the game. Whether or not you are the audience for this game.

Reactions: corndoggg
4.40 star(s) 10 Votes