4.20 star(s) 92 Votes

Kikatchu

Sep 1, 2019
Completely understandable indeed. If it weren't for the fact that he keeps making promises he doesn't keep. If he's aware that there's an issue with the AV why does he say the update will be out by the weekend "definitely 100%"? And this hasn't been going on for a week or two, but for about 4 months now. That's what pisses me off, not the long development time.

I know I will never have to moral high ground with this opinion. But i think we're allowed to be at least a little critical of a developer who has just delayed the update for the 13th time.
I don't disagree that it's poor communication on his part to be pushing around dates.
It would have been better for him to communicate a delay once, say he's going to overhaul some longstanding issues while he's at it, and not mention a date until he's sure of it.
But I can understand him feeling a lot of pressure to deliver (cause let's be real, while you and I may be patient, there are plenty who are not).

Neverpark

Apr 26, 2018
First I would chill but as a Patreon subscriber I'm kinda tired of this developper, love his games but with all the delays, and the price we are paying for this, we are in the right to complain. This isnt like its his first delay, I counted at least 10 since the last release. He found another bug and need a week to fix it? my god, he's making so much money out of this that he could quit his ''real'' job and fix it really quickly. It sounds more like he wants to wait to another paying cycle to start to collect all the money before releasing. And Its not like its never been done, a LOT of dev are doing the same thing.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
First I would chill but as a Patreon subscriber I'm kinda tired of this developper, love his games but with all the delays, and the price we are paying for this, we are in the right to complain. This isnt like its his first delay, I counted at least 10 since the last release. He found another bug and need a week to fix it? my god, he's making so much money out of this that he could quit his ''real'' job and fix it really quickly. It sounds more like he wants to wait to another paying cycle to start to collect all the money before releasing. And Its not like its never been done, a LOT of dev are doing the same thing.
Start getting drunk now, it'll be St. Paddy's day by the time this releases.

Reactions: tankdick

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
He has 412 patrons. Even assuming all were 10 dollar patrons that's only 4120 a month and 49440 a year. Most full time devs make double that. Also he hasn't delayed 10 times and the update is coming this week.

Neverpark

Apr 26, 2018
He has 412 patrons. Even assuming all were 10 dollar patrons that's only 4120 a month and 49440 a year. Most full time devs make double that. Also he hasn't delayed 10 times and the update is coming this week.
You cant confirm that, and for your info, Last time I checked last month, he had over 700 patrons, people are letting him down. and If you cant live with 50 000 developping, you have a problem. He had delayed at least 10 times, please use some ethic.

Reactions: bluehound36

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
You cant confirm that, and for your info, Last time I checked last month, he had over 700 patrons, people are letting him down. and If you cant live with 50 000 developping, you have a problem. He had delayed at least 10 times, please use some ethic.
Please name the 10 "delays". The first one was him expanding the Halloween special into the Christmas one. Then he had engine troubles. Last he wanted to fix the virus issues before deploying again. That's 3 by my count.

4.20 star(s) 92 Votes