4.20 star(s) 92 Votes
Oct 21, 2019
I just found a picture of myself, supporting Notvil for the past half year:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

No but seriously, February was the last month for me. I was really hyped after the last update and have been supporting the dev since September. And ever since then we've had no less than 12 delays ("but I promise it will definitely be finished by *insert date*, 100%"), and only half of those were because of this mysterious bug in the engine. Last Sunday was number 13, and now there's suddenly a problem with the AV that could simply be fixed by just ignoring it. I'm sure Notvil has good intentions but I don't think this is how you should develop a game if people are supporting you.

Rupertvangog

Jan 3, 2020
I just found a picture of myself, supporting Notvil for the past half year:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

No but seriously, February was the last month for me. I was really hyped after the last update and have been supporting the dev since September. And ever since then we've had no less than 12 delays ("but I promise it will definitely be finished by *insert date*, 100%"), and only half of those were because of this mysterious bug in the engine. Last Sunday was number 13, and now there's suddenly a problem with the AV that could simply be fixed by just ignoring it. I'm sure Notvil has good intentions but I don't think this is how you should develop a game if people are supporting you.
dont-waste-your-money-give-it-to-those-who-need-62938421.png

Kikatchu

Sep 1, 2019
Can you guys chill? It's coming in the next few days. When the last update triggered virus warnings people were refusing to play. Accusations were flying. I'm certain that upset Notvil. He's working his hardest to release a quality product. Cut him some slack.
Pretty much what you said.
It's a catch 22 for NotVil at this point. If he releases with the same AV-triggering issues of last time: people will complain about virusses, the thread will be removed again, accusations will fly, etc etc.
If he fixes it and takes a few extra day: people will complain about not getting the update, threats will be made of withdrawing support, accusations of moneygrubbing will be thrown around, etc etc.

So I can understand him going like: "welp, this shit was a clownfest that took waaaay too long and people will be pissed anyway. So I may as well fix some issues now and delay a bit more so they don't recurr in the future".
Development is as life: unexpected shit can catch you by surprised and take a lot of time and effort to fix. Being pissy about it doesn't change that.

Oct 21, 2019
Pretty much what you said.
It's a catch 22 for NotVil at this point. If he releases with the same AV-triggering issues of last time: people will complain about virusses, the thread will be removed again, accusations will fly, etc etc.
If he fixes it and takes a few extra day: people will complain about not getting the update, threats will be made of withdrawing support, accusations of moneygrubbing will be thrown around, etc etc.

So I can understand him going like: "welp, this shit was a clownfest that took waaaay too long and people will be pissed anyway. So I may as well fix some issues now and delay a bit more so they don't recurr in the future".
Development is as life: unexpected shit can catch you by surprised and take a lot of time and effort to fix. Being pissy about it doesn't change that.
Completely understandable indeed. If it weren't for the fact that he keeps making promises he doesn't keep. If he's aware that there's an issue with the AV why does he say the update will be out by the weekend "definitely 100%"? And this hasn't been going on for a week or two, but for about 4 months now. That's what pisses me off, not the long development time.

I know I will never have the moral high ground with this opinion. But i think we're allowed to be at least a little critical of a developer who has just delayed the update for the 13th time.

Last edited:

nuoovo

May 12, 2018
I am so hyped right now :D Can't wait for this update, even if it's not a continuation of the main story, I am sure that NOTvil will keep us entertained.

Reactions: ImmortalNight
4.20 star(s) 92 Votes