VN Ren'Py Onhold Aren't Grim Reapers Supposed to be Scary? [v0.1.7 Uncensored] [Kamuo]

4.10 star(s) 18 Votes

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
So (nobody is gonna read this): Dev releases the version without censure on their Patreon. Then they release a censored version on itch.io to bait more people into supporting them. Which for half a year just drained people's money. Because apparently he does so much work that he needs 2 Patreon accounts or some shit. It's been roughly 5 months since the latest game update.

The "game" account sometime during that posted a short video about a new girl for whatever reason with less animation. Why does it exist? I have no idea. Why is it on the game account? Maybe it's that mysterious character we saw once during the game? Either way that photoshoot vid belongs to the "normal" account.

At some point I believe Kamuo said that because there are 2 girls it requires twice the work of some shit for this update. It actually has the same number as the Neu scene. Kamuo just did some numbers magic by mirroring the existing animations and switching the colors of the girls.

I don't believe that they were doing nothing during those 5 months. It's more like... I have no idea why they are doing what they are doing. Another thing that happened was asking people if they would be interested in a pixel-graphics game in a poll. And Kamuo closed the post by saying that they are probably going to do it anyways.
The release schedule of this Reaper game was also slowed down when Kamuo started doing the Daily Titfuck with Vel game. Which meant that the 2 games got releases alternating. But even then it was at most 1,5 months between releases.
So what's in those 5 months? Maybe groundworks for the new game? Regardless 5 months is still a shit ton of time without anything of note.

Raiden Shogun

Aug 28, 2021
It's been two or three updates now that haven't had voice added to them yet either. Feels like he's stretched himself way too thin or has gotten bored with the current things he's doing or something? Idk it just sucks waiting so much longer because I love his stuff.

Reactions: Memesmuggler88

Deleted member 1663167

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2019
I don't believe that they were doing nothing during those 5 months. It's more like... I have no idea why they are doing what they are doing.
I've followed Kamuo pretty closely as I respect him as an artist for being very talented considering I think it's JUST him working on everything... but yes, he's fixated on a bunch of different stuff at the same time. Working on updating older games, the AGRSS updates, this new pixel game apparently, and I'm not sure if you knew this, but he has a second Patreon that's just called Kamuo where he posts monthly lewd animations that are like a minute and a half long each; so I'm sure that also takes up a lot of time as well.

He probably doesn't want to tunnel vision on one thing specifically so that he doesn't get burnt out and scrap it. Or it could just be a case of pure boredom/ADHD from working on one thing repeatedly. Regardless, at least he's not jumping ship and not finishing projects, he's just slow cause he's doing a variety of things at once.

Plus the quality of his art is INSANE, so I would imagine it takes him quite a while to draw even still images and backgrounds, let alone animations for like idle movements, H-Scenes, walking, etc.

Reactions: UrDad

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
I've followed Kamuo pretty closely as I respect him as an artist for being very talented considering I think it's JUST him working on everything... but yes, he's fixated on a bunch of different stuff at the same time. Working on updating older games, the AGRSS updates, this new pixel game apparently, and I'm not sure if you knew this, but he has a second Patreon that's just called Kamuo where he posts monthly lewd animations that are like a minute and a half long each; so I'm sure that also takes up a lot of time as well.

He probably doesn't want to tunnel vision on one thing specifically so that he doesn't get burnt out and scrap it. Or it could just be a case of pure boredom/ADHD from working on one thing repeatedly. Regardless, at least he's not jumping ship and not finishing projects, he's just slow cause he's doing a variety of things at once.

Plus the quality of his art is INSANE, so I would imagine it takes him quite a while to draw even still images and backgrounds, let alone animations for like idle movements, H-Scenes, walking, etc.
Actually read what I wrote and you will see that I'm aware of the other Patreon. Which is honestly baffling that it even exists and people seem to be OK with it? The only reason I can see for it's existence is to double dip. Imagine someone pledging the highest tier on Kamuo's original Patreon. But wanting to play the game uncensored as well. Then they'd need to pledge on the game account as well.

Art quality is not an excuse for false claims or acting on greed.

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
Actually read what I wrote and you will see that I'm aware of the other Patreon. Which is honestly baffling that it even exists and people seem to be OK with it? The only reason I can see for it's existence is to double dip. Imagine someone pledging the highest tier on Kamuo's original Patreon. But wanting to play the game uncensored as well. Then they'd need to pledge on the game account as well.

Art quality is not an excuse for false claims or acting on greed.
People seen ok with it because they think it not just Kamuo working on those games alone when that not the case. If that is the case, their not needed for multiple Patreon accounts. He's purposely burning himself out managing and doing multiple things when it not need. Not only he'd have to manage 2 versions of his games. When itch.io is a platform that don't care about prudes, so why does a censored version even exist there? But he has to manage making animations on his main Patreon account.

TwistedScarlett doesn't even do that and that person get critics for formulaic content.

Reactions: Umbral Knight

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
People seen ok with it because they think it not just Kamuo working on those games alone when that not the case. If that is the case, their not needed for multiple Patreon accounts. He's purposely burning himself out managing and doing multiple things when it not need. Not only he'd have to manage 2 versions of his games. When itch.io is a platform that don't care about prudes, so why does a censored version even exist there? But he has to manage making animations on his main Patreon account.

TwistedScarlett doesn't even do that and that person get critics for formulaic content.
The Censored version is there to push people into pledging. No questions there. Managing "2 versions" is much less work than you'd think. Both the censored and the uncensored versions of files are called the same. So basically all this management is literally just adding censure to the finished files then packing it up. Bam.
In fact one could extract the files of both the new censored version and the last uncensored one we had. Then simply simply copy the "images" folder from the old one and copy it over the new version overwriting everything. The game would run perfectly and the only censored content would be just the new scene. That's how little "management" is required.

Mar 20, 2022
Apparently,his 10$ patreon gif link can just be copy-pasted because its on the top of the post and visible.
here-https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iNrEYymklHMDonrW4ntB_aKhUVymOwwy
Seems like a huge breach in the security for what is supposed to be exclusive content. I didn't thought Kamuo could be this careless/reckless.

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
He's always released a censored version to the public to advertise his patreon. Many many artists do this so idk why everyone here is so shocked lmao there is an uncensored version just nobody here has shared it yet.
It's on itch.io. Not on Newgrounds or some public link he'd provided himself.

HathgarNiche

Jul 14, 2017
Why is the game censored but the pictures showing off the game are not. Thats some pretty false advertising...

astranabeat

Jun 6, 2017
I had supported many Patreon but if they start do censored for public build I stop supported them or if I found new Patreon do this I will never support them. idk I just don't like the attitude.

I understand you want to protect your property or want your backers to get better stuff but everyone knew what are the real reason. the real reason is you don't get what you don't pay. it 's how the world work and I respect that but they seem to think If they give public build uncensored no one will pledge which is fault. don't hold your best version of your works hostage.

I think many people want to pledge but see 5$ for uncensored and just say whatever. I'd rather get 10000 1$ tier instead 1000 5$ tier. more backers make other think this product must be really good. it number will easier growing.

Keiteketa

Apr 12, 2022
View attachment 1141652

Overview:
One day, you woke up and found yourself before a cute girl who call you a "Human". The official title is "Aren't Grim Reapers supposed to be Scary?" and I'm shortening it to AGRSS.​

Thread Updated: 2022-04-10
Release Date: 2022-04-10
Developer: Kamuo - - - -
Censored: Yes/No (Depends on build)
Version: 0.1.7 Censored
Language: English
Other Games: The Grim Reaper who reaped my Heart
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:
DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
: - - - PIXELDRAIN -
Mac: - - - PIXELDRAIN -
Android: - - - PIXELDRAIN -

View attachment 757227 View attachment 757225 View attachment 757226 View attachment 1525931
Damn im not expecting this masterpiece

4.10 star(s) 18 Votes