Danv

Aug 21, 2020
Updated for v0.4.1
I've made a multi-mod for this game

Features:
  • Walkthrough - added green color for best dialogue options
  • Added unlock all options for the archives (scenes and images)
  • During free roam objects that can be interacted with are highlighted
  • Scene changes (Can get both Katy and Zoe scenes, can call both Katy and Zelda)

Download: MEGA PIXELDRAIN
same as people posted before, can't even start a new game with a mod
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
I extracted the code.rpa, replaced the line inside code/_core/music/audio_code.rpy
except: open(gamedir + "/RPASongMetadata.json", "w").write(renpy.file("RPASongMetadata.json").read())
with
except: open(gamedir + "/RPASongMetadata.json", "wb").write(renpy.file("RPASongMetadata.json").read())
then ran the game once to get the code/_core/music/audio_code.rpyc file, then repackaged into code.rpa

Game boots at least
Couldn't play it on joiplay. The games boots but getting an error when starting a new game
Try the above post. Works fine after you replace it. Also, thank you alvin73 ,you are a life saver:love:

K-Zen

Oct 4, 2017
What is the matter with the music ?
I've restarted the game from scratch but can only hear copyrightfree background music (and not very good ones most of the time) and long silences in certain scenes...
Except some Dj Kink tracks during the first freeroam, but that's it.
I'm at Ch3 actually. So, do the new tracks mentionned in the changelog are only for Ch4 ?
I did a search in the thread but couldn't find a clear answer.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
What is the matter with the music ?
I've restarted the game from scratch but can only hear copyrightfree background music (and not very good ones most of the time) and long silences in certain scenes...
Except some Dj Kink tracks during the first freeroam, but that's it.
I'm at Ch3 actually. So, do the new tracks mentionned in the changelog are only for Ch4 ?
I did a search in the thread but couldn't find a clear answer.
https://f95zone.to/threads/artemis-v0-4-1-digi-b.77680/post-9146245

To sum it up, my understanding is he had to essentially remove a bunch of music (like a lot of other games, BaDIK etc) and left blank placeholders in the song's place.

Reactions: ZzZzZiggy and K-Zen

K-Zen

Oct 4, 2017
https://f95zone.to/threads/artemis-v0-4-1-digi-b.77680/post-9146245

To sum it up, my understanding is he had to essentially remove a bunch of music (like a lot of other games, BaDIK etc) and left blank placeholders in the song's place.
Thank you very much for the info. It seems that I missed that important post.
It's sad for devs and players as sound design is a way to really immerse oneself into the story ans also discover new artists (which happend to me thanks to LoF for exemple).

Lobo420

Jun 28, 2020
ok First time playing it & just spent the first night at Kindra's, lmao this girl don't have any sense, im loving it so far & cant wait to play the rest of the game

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Just a follow up observation on what is a really high-talent VN. I do have a minor concern that, with all the great and enduring characters in this VN, how all the paths will get resolved with anything other than a very slow pace. There is a lot of depth/story-density to cover.

Art4.jpg

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021
devlog1017.jpg

Good morning everyone!

First and foremost, I hadn't had a chance to properly thank everyone for hitting the 1,000 Patron goal. I had my head down focusing on the update, I just really wanted to express my thanks. A major career change such as this is just one of the things we hesitate with when considering it. And I've thought about just career changing in general in the past and it's always brought me pause. But developing Artemis has shown me this is where my passion is at. The kind of stress I feel working on Artemis is much different than the stress I feel working at my old job. When you're done creating something for people to enjoy. It feels good to sit back and it's a different feeling seeing how much work was put into something and it's all packaged up and ready to go. So thanks, everyone. I greatly appreciate all the support and encouragement received from everyone.

I also apologize for pulling the game after launching it. While that issue wasn't a bug, I still absolutely had to pull it because, for those who have finished the game know what happens once the credits conclude. And I had to make a snap decision to not ruin the experience by being spoiled before you even got to play the update, regardless if it was user error or not. If it were Chapters 1, 2 or 3 which didn't have any spoilers post credits, I would have posted a workaround instead. So I do apologize for having to do that. That said, I'm very happy with how many bugs were cleaned up by the extended beta test time. I generally gave my testers only a week and with how things are starting to branch out, I wanted to give my testers and myself more time to comb through playthroughs and catch things. I work on things that are still being worked on for a day or two while the reports are collected and address them, then deploy a patch. Rinse repeat. It was less stressful for everyone and we were able to catch a lot more bugs in this chapter. Especially in the Halloween scene. Many different interactions and cues to go through and ensure they work properly.

I've been waiting for major bug reports and fortunately, nothing has been reported just yet, so it was mostly a nice post-release weekend. There was an odd issue with Mac builds, but has since been resolved. Essentially if you had an Intel or M1 chip Mac, the game spat out an error. If you have the M2, worked normally. But the current Mac links have the fix, so safe to use that link if you're on Mac. Other than that, has been a nice post-release weekend.

I won't say much about the release just yet until the 31st, after the TI-86 tier has gotten a chance to play the chapter. Only that Chapter 4 concludes Book One and Chapter 5 will be the start of Book Two. Don't worry, I plan on taking it easy these next two weeks, before CH5 development starts. Also, I'll be planning things for the Steam launch as well. I hope to have Book One on Steam in December. There's a 30 day wait period before it's available. So, hoping December would be a great timeframe to release it. I will let you guys know when Artemis store page is available.

This week's render count...just kidding. Just felt weird not reporting numbers. Again, thank you all for your patience with this release. There were a lot of development hurdles in this chapter and the Halloween party put me in a bad spot. Mainly because things were going great and suddenly things got complicated as I reached this scene. So I could imagine how that would look from an outside perspective. But this scene did teach me a lot as I do plan on having large scenes again. So happy to learn from the experience.

Again, thank you all and I hope you enjoyed this update. This Friday I'll update the update post for T-800 users. And the following Friday TI-86 will have access.

Have yourselves a fantastic week!

digi.B

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
No problems with the game on my side and the Scrappy mod works perfectly. Can't wait to play it tonight !

4.80 star(s) 376 Votes