tiikerihai

Oct 22, 2022
I have one pc running windows 10 that runs this no problem, but when I try to run it on my new windows 11 pc I get this error: View attachment 3056882 and the game still starts after hitting ok but none of the ppx mods load. I've followed the steps in the google docs, the only issue I run into is when I try to instiall the vc_redists I get an error saying there is already another version installed. What am I doing wrong?
It says the resolution you have selected exceeds desktop resolution. What I want to point out isn't how to fix that, which is easy enough since you either selected a resolution that's too big or you have DPI scaling other than 100% enabled in Windows, but rather the fact that if you get any error that is in Japanese then it is specific to AA2 - the actual game.
Given that PPX and AAU are not part of AA2, any error that is in Japanese categorically cannot have anything to do with a problem that might be related to PPX. Whatever your issue is, unrelated.

Reactions: Tsugumi and JustAl

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Guys, is there a way to prevent public sex from happening? It totally fucks up my teacher playthrough, the Evil Ai just forces the sex scene out in public, can't they drag you to a private room or something?
Dumbed down, what you are asking is "can I make an evil character not behave like an evil character?" - selfishness and obsession is part of the package ;) -, so removing the "Evil" trait from the character is an option. If that somehow breaks immersion/character or you want a more global solution: try disabling NPC->PC interruptions in the game settings - that would prevent the infractions rather than disabling sex.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
how do i make an evil NPC cant seem to get them to work
Have you tried pissing them off...? On a more serious note - i dont think any of the vanilla characters has the evil trait, so you will have to create a NPC and give them said trait.

Which reminds me, i will have to do the same, eventually. Theres a few traits not used in the vanilla NPC batch.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
how do i make an evil NPC cant seem to get them to work
Use the editor, attach Evil trait. If you want them to kill but not do so while possessing the Evil trait because you want more control over conditions, start with the Murderous module. If you want more control than the module grants, unpack it and make your desired triggers yourself.

Jan 26, 2018
Use the editor, attach Evil trait. If you want them to kill but not do so while possessing the Evil trait because you want more control over conditions, start with the Murderous module. If you want more control than the module grants, unpack it and make your desired triggers yourself.
im trying to make an NPC the dominates The Pc

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
im trying to make an NPC the dominates The Pc
Seems fine. Normally people use the Easy Victim and Force Lover modules to get NPCs to generally force their player more often, but there's also the Dominatrix and DominatrixB modules, and the Dom Me module. There's the main module repository on github mentioned in the guide then a slew of other module packs in multiple Mega links on the spreadsheet linked in the guide. I forgot which users exactly host more modules since it's been a while, but you can make just about any behavior with triggers, it's mostly easy once learned. You can also start NPCs with relationships to your player.

Jan 26, 2018
Seems fine. Normally people use the Easy Victim and Force Lover modules to get NPCs to generally force their player more often, but there's also the Dominatrix and DominatrixB modules, and the Dom Me module. There's the main module repository on github mentioned in the guide then a slew of other module packs in multiple Mega links on the spreadsheet linked in the guide. I forgot which users exactly host more modules since it's been a while, but you can make just about any behavior with triggers, it's mostly easy once learned. You can also start NPCs with relationships to your player.
thanks i will give it a shot

1337P373

Jun 13, 2017
It says the resolution you have selected exceeds desktop resolution. What I want to point out isn't how to fix that, which is easy enough since you either selected a resolution that's too big or you have DPI scaling other than 100% enabled in Windows, but rather the fact that if you get any error that is in Japanese then it is specific to AA2 - the actual game.
Given that PPX and AAU are not part of AA2, any error that is in Japanese categorically cannot have anything to do with a problem that might be related to PPX. Whatever your issue is, unrelated.
Good to know, thank you for the info, I'll keep experimenting.

Edit: My guess is that error was popping because I was remoting in to my desktop from my laptop, it doesn't seem to pop when I'm actually on my desktop.

Last edited:

1337P373

Jun 13, 2017
Welp, wiped it all and downloaded it again and this time it works. No ideas what I did differently but I guess I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Thank you to the people who offered advice!

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Welp, wiped it all and downloaded it again and this time it works. No ideas what I did differently but I guess I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Thank you to the people who offered advice!
I must stress for other people that the guide is not something to rush through -- you will find install components with multiple options that you must only choose one of, and you must be careful. Sometimes it's not apparent immediately that you're in a choose-one scenario, like JCMP giving a bunch of shadowset folders but you're really only using one so only put one in the directory OR remove the "!" to disable all but one as intended.

Installing AA2 requires patience to read a stack of documents so have something else to play in the meantime because it can take multiple evenings but the meticulous attention is worthwhile for the perfectly-working-immediately result.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Two chicks offered me sex for good results on the academic test just now. I havent jumped from the 8th to 1st spot that fast in any ranking in my real life lol

On a more serious note: How exactly do you get ranking points in popularity? Im guessing its just number of interactions, right?

• Haha
Reactions: JustAl

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
[1] Two chicks offered me sex for good results on the academic test just now. I havent jumped from the 8th to 1st spot that fast in any ranking in my real life lol

[2] On a more serious note: How exactly do you get ranking points in popularity? Im guessing its just number of interactions, right?
  1. To any players looking to beef up an underpowered character for academic tests, mash studying at the library / with other people. For exercise, do the same but at the track instead of library.

2. I don't know for sure, but when I decided to nerf a character's conversation success rate with other students by adding and unpacking the Loathsome module then letting them start with some base love along with the hate and added dislike just to get everyone that much hornier towards them, they immediately started as the most popular student then rapidly lost places in popularity per day. So I don't 100% know but I strongly suspect popularity is based on total love. When my test-character-in-development started with love they were near the top, and when she got past 10 sexual partners (with zero lovers - hands holding cocks more often than hands, legs open more often than mouth R.I.P.) ... she was the most popular entity on that campus. Somehow teacher man still didn't get to smash, credit to the original maker for designing the teacher's triggers so well that he can hold it in for so long.

Reactions: Monosomething

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
  1. To any players looking to beef up an underpowered character for academic tests, mash studying at the library / with other people. For exercise, do the same but at the track instead of library.
  2. I don't know for sure, but when I decided to nerf a character's conversation success rate with other students by adding and unpacking the Loathsome module then letting them start with some base love along with the hate and added dislike just to get everyone that much hornier towards them, they immediately started as the most popular student then rapidly lost places in popularity per day. So I don't 100% know but I strongly suspect popularity is based on total love. When my test-character-in-development started with love they were near the top, and when she got past 10 sexual partners (with zero lovers - hands holding cocks more often than hands, legs open more often than mouth R.I.P.) ... she was the most popular entity on that campus. Somehow teacher man still didn't get to smash, credit to the original maker for designing the teacher's triggers so well that he can hold it in for so long.
Oh yeah. I have searched out everyone smarter than me to uplift me from my worm form to become the dominant species on the campus. Like in a horror movie, i was that one zombie that managed to crawl up to the top of the wall by walking over the bodies of comrades, just to get my dick wet! Ahh, humanity - achieving the greatest of feats for the most basest of reasons!

To quote Dr. Ford from Westworld:
"Ive read a theory once... that the human intellect was like peacock feathers. Just an extravagant display intended to attract a mate. All of our art, literature, a bit of Mozart, William Shakespeare, Michelangelo and the Empire State Building... just an elaborate mating ritual. Maybe it doesnt matter that we have accomplished so much for the basest of reasons, but of course, the peacock can barely fly. It lives in the dirt, pecking insects out of the muck... consoling itself with its 'great beauty' "

Hum... so its all about love with popularity, eh? Not difficult to achieve, i suppose. Im the top of the class in that currently, without even trying, so i guess im doing okay... as in, im leaving my options open, while holding onto a nice, loyal GF, but keeping a few "side-chicks" in case our relations sour. Always the cautious type, me ;)

• Haha
Reactions: JustAl

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Uh huh... looks like the "brilliant mechanic" returned. This time, though, im not the one suffering from it. Heres two pics of the situation:

1. My perspective (the NPC in question is the second from the bottom, right side)
Untitled.png

Their perspective:
Untitled2.png

I have not yet looked up the LLDH count. Will update this post in a bit, but im expecting him to start generating hate with everybody for no apparent reason, due to a few fights he was in.

UPDATE: Not exactly as expected, but close enough. His opinion of me was 18 likes to 12 dislikes; my opinion of him was 2 love, 10 likes, 18 dislikes. For no reason whatsoever he is now completely "unreachable" (refuses any and all topics), and whenever he enters the room, the music turns to tension/anger.

Im trying to figure out what the issue is. I dont remember that happening before i updated the game (following the links on here). The only thing that comes to mind is me asking about turning off call outs a few pages back. Can the NPCs inability to use those really affect the mood of the class this bad?

Last edited:

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Monosomething, complete refusal to talk usually means you have to pick either "encourage" when they're sad or "calm" when they're angry, though these interaction attempts can still fail. Less commonly when lovers and cheating are involved, "apologize" is the right choice. You can often cheese past this by successfully interacting with positive effect another way to get them to drop their bad mood. You can also get 0% replies when you've picked an option too many times, and success chance falls faster if you select this option multiple times without much else in between. In practice success chance rapidly falls and suddenly drops to zero when you focus on interacting with a character during one time period block. You'll refresh some of their ability to be persuaded by continuing to the next time period.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Monosomething, complete refusal to talk usually means you have to pick either "encourage" when they're sad or "calm" when they're angry, though these interaction attempts can still fail. Less commonly when lovers and cheating are involved, "apologize" is the right choice. You can often cheese past this by successfully interacting with positive effect another way to get them to drop their bad mood. You can also get 0% replies when you've picked an option too many times, and success chance falls faster if you select this option multiple times without much else in between. In practice success chance rapidly falls and suddenly drops to zero when you focus on interacting with a character during one time period block. You'll refresh some of their ability to be persuaded by continuing to the next time period.
I kind of managed to get him to talk (using the call out to "get along with x") after each lesson, but the rest (or, most) of the class still hates his guts. Not much can be done here, as i think its related to his constant requests to skip class, which almost everybody rejects, generating dislike or hate. The problem, at its core, is the same - MY opinion about him matters, when it shouldnt.

To be honest, i have never successfully used the "apologize" function. Feels superfluous or not exactly done right "mechanically". Ive seen the AI attempt to apologize to me a few times, which i rejected (according to my rule of "you dun goofed and i want nothing to do with you"), but every time ive tried to apologize it had a chance of 0%, even though things werent "right".

Oh, and, that statement on the wiki about not using the same option multiple times, because its chance to succeed drops? Its false. Its entirely dependent on LLDH and mood. Otherwise cranking up enough love with "love resistant" NPCs would be impossible, because their chance to accept would be too low after a few uses. Aaaand of course i am aware of the "no more attempts than 3 rule". Though, sometimes i make so many attempts that i forget to count, which is entirely on me for pissing them off lol

Last edited:

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
[...]
Oh, and, that statement on the wiki about not using the same option multiple times, because its chance to succeed drops? Its false. Its entirely dependent on LLDH and mood. Otherwise cranking up enough love with "love resistant" NPCs would be impossible, because their chance to accept would be too low after a few uses. Aaaand of course i am aware of the "no more attempts than 3 rule". Though, sometimes i make so many attempts that i forget to count, which is entirely on me for pissing them off lol
Right, LLDH. I was playing with a challenge situation of starting with hate and dislike along with other modifiers for poor success chances so because I have such a low chance of success I typically fail many interactions in a row, leading to that result. Yes, success also gets really high when love is high. I forgot about the times I interacted positively and the next time in a row was also good, though I often hit the "you're doing this too often and being annoying" issue before I observed enough successful attempts.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Right, LLDH. I was playing with a challenge situation of starting with hate and dislike along with other modifiers for poor success chances so because I have such a low chance of success I typically fail many interactions in a row, leading to that result. Yes, success also gets really high when love is high. I forgot about the times I interacted positively and the next time in a row was also good, though I often hit the "you're doing this too often and being annoying" issue before I observed enough successful attempts.
The best way to test this out is when youre just 1v1 in a room. The mood changes (that actually swing the % chance) wont be as big an issue, and no other people to gawk at you or interrupt you helps too, especially since they bring their own moods into the room, skewing the results.

Another important bit is the moods themselves - the wiki lists, like, 5 or 6 of them. That is true, however the moods are not "steps" - its not a gearbox in a car. An NPC can be a little annoyed or very annoyed. Same for other moods - they can be a little ("Now is not a good time...") or VERY ("Just fuck me senseless right here!") horny, which will also swing the % chance in one way or another. If your LLDH is high with them, you will most likely be observing what i call "appetite rises as you eat". For example, if their initial chance to engage in a talk about sex is, say, 50% - if you succeed, you will find that the next attempt will be 63%, and if you succeed here, it will go up to 70%. So, moods are more like a scale with ranges across it, rather than steps. The music change only informs you that you have entered the range of x mood, not that you shifted into 5th. Naameen?

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
I understand Monosomething, I've seen mood magnitudes used as conditions in triggers, they step up in strength by integer amounts to I think 6 maximum. Characters carry multiple mood magnitudes at once, with the highest magnitude becoming the mood they're expressing at the moment. Mood-skewing through proximity intensifies for certain traits and modules, and your player's mood is perceptible to other NPCs as they will come up and ask me to change my mood to be less angry / depressed. This has been used to good effect in modules that influence the player's success rate for interactions up or down depending on what mood they have.

Reactions: Monosomething
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes