cupzztax

Aug 10, 2018
i installed aa2mini, and confusing how to install mod (7z not pp2) cause the file folder name is always aa2 make and aa2 play. where i should put this file or install the mod?

RhinoHeadbutt

Sep 9, 2017
Sounds like a Wizzard-ready mod. Those are not compatible with AA2Mini, so you'll have to either:

1) convert it into a PP2 file.
Just drag-and-drop your 7z file into pack_pp2.bat - you can find it in the "extra" folder - and you should get a PP2 mod.
Depending on where you have installed 7-zip, you might have to edit the bat file to indicate where 7z.exe is.
Notice that for some reason, the pp2.exe program necessary for this only works on x64 systems.

2) convert it into a shadow set.
Theoretically you just have to extract your 7z file, move all of the jg2* folders into a single folder - make sure its name starts with a "!" - and move that folder into data/sets.
Tbh, I have never tried it. Some expert advice would be appreciated. :s

Eiri

Oct 26, 2018
i installed aa2mini, and confusing how to install mod (7z not pp2) cause the file folder name is always aa2 make and aa2 play. where i should put this file or install the mod?
Those mods will not work with aa2mini, they are intended for aa2install, and require a two-folder installation of aa2, or to be repurposed as Rhino said, but there are easier alternatives. If you need help with aa2mini, look at the guide or the discord for aa2mini . This is supposedly not the place to discuss mini.

Theoretically you just have to extract your 7z file, move all of the jg2* folders into a single folder - make sure its name starts with a "!" - and move that folder into data/sets.
For future reference, shadow sets can only overwrite existing files. They cannot be used to add in stand-alone mods/anything that adds new files.

Reactions: RhinoHeadbutt

cupzztax

Aug 10, 2018
Sounds like a Wizzard-ready mod. Those are not compatible with AA2Mini, so you'll have to either:

1) convert it into a PP2 file.
Just drag-and-drop your 7z file into pack_pp2.bat - you can find it in the "extra" folder - and you should get a PP2 mod.
Depending on where you have installed 7-zip, you might have to edit the bat file to indicate where 7z.exe is.
Notice that for some reason, the pp2.exe program necessary for this only works on x64 systems.

not all mod is compatible for convert it into a pp2 file but thanks for the advice and i think i will try shadow set way

cupzztax

Aug 10, 2018
Those mods will not work with aa2mini, they are intended for aa2install, and require a two-folder installation of aa2, or to be repurposed as Rhino said, but there are easier alternatives. If you need help with aa2mini, look at the guide or the discord for aa2mini . This is supposedly not the place to discuss mini.

For future reference, shadow sets can only overwrite existing files. They cannot be used to add in stand-alone mods/anything that adds new files.
sry my question is in not right place and thanks for your reply

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I followed every step to the point but I have trouble with empty classroom. When I hover over the empty classroom i can see the names in top left and when I click I go into conversation mode, but the character models do not appear in the areas (classrooms or other areas for that matter). Any thoughts?

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
OK WTF. I installed it, yet the translation doesn't work, and the game doesn't read my character saves. So the game is still in Japanese, except the launcher for the game and edit. Man Windows 10 is a POS.

OK NOW I can't do anything in game after FINALLY getting it to launch.....its translated and all. Had to get a dll to fix the bloody lag. But I keep getting 0% no matter what I do. I launch with LE as admin, I launch LE with no admin, I launch with no LE. Still 0% on ALL interactions. About done with this piece of shite game, **** Windows 10.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019
do anyone know how i can make the game stop lagging cause everytime i start the game up and try to talk to someone it lags so much i can't play.

deoixy

Jun 6, 2017
I am currently like having issues such as Models go invisible when having sex and ReiEditAA2 crashes when scrolling in Player Date. Anyone else having these issues?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
the launcher wont even start when i try and use the dll. any ideas?
I recently had issues getting this game to run again. Ultimately I had to look into the AA2 Mini to actually get the game to work properly. there should be information on page 15 of this thread for using it. Alternatively, you could look into using dgvoodoo2 instead of the directX9 DLL as a solution. It is an alternative renderer that can help with lag and just general issues with windows 10 from what I have seen. I am not skilled enough to go into much detail about the setup but assuming your more tech savvy then I, you may have some luck with that.

Reactions: asdfgbvcxz3553

asdfgbvcxz3553

Oct 27, 2017
I recently had issues getting this game to run again. Ultimately I had to look into the AA2 Mini to actually get the game to work properly. there should be information on page 15 of this thread for using it. Alternatively, you could look into using dgvoodoo2 instead of the directX9 DLL as a solution. It is an alternative renderer that can help with lag and just general issues with windows 10 from what I have seen. I am not skilled enough to go into much detail about the setup but assuming your more tech savvy then I, you may have some luck with that.
thanks for the help but it still won't work. I go from 144fps all the way down to 10 when trying any interaction. guess I just cant play the game.
EDIT: nevermind found out its a driver issue.

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
So I have hit a bit of a brick wall in trying to troubleshoot and I am wondering if anyone has encountered this. When trying to create characters in AA2 maker ( I am using AA2 Mini BTW and windows 10) When attempt to assign clothing options I am finding a good number of the available .cloth files just show as a floating head and Legs. Sometimes clothed legs sometimes not. They weirdest part is that it seems to happen with the default Illusion created clothing as well. I have tested this with the windows 10 patch and using Wine graphics options in AAU, however both net the same results. Not sure if its a graphics setting or just an issue with Maker but I am at a loss. Want to utilize the styles options in AAU however this makes it very difficult for me. Anyone seen this and if so did you fix it and if so how?

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Certain clothes just don't appear in the maker, especially with non-standard body types. Afaik there's no way to fix it aside from editing the clothing models directly.

This shouldn't deter you from using styles though. Even if the clothes don't appear in the maker they still appear in the game itself. Make you .clothes files in the actual game, export them, then import them in the maker for every style and it will work without issues.

Reactions: Silentce
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes