Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Certain clothes just don't appear in the maker, especially with non-standard body types. Afaik there's no way to fix it aside from editing the clothing models directly.

This shouldn't deter you from using styles though. Even if the clothes don't appear in the maker they still appear in the game itself. Make you .clothes files in the actual game, export them, then import them in the maker for every style and it will work without issues.
I didn't even think about that but that totally makes sense. Thanks for the advice adds a few additional steps but hey I can work with that. :)

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
So came across another problem recently, this is more in the realm of modding so I hope this isn't considered off topic but I am having trouble installing standalone clothing mods to expand the clothing roster for my characters. No matter what files I add whether they are .pp or .pp2 or I convert them to .pp2 from just folders I come across the same problem where I scroll to the bottom of my clothing list looking for the new items and I do not see them and the list eventually just cuts off and shows blank. nothing new was added. Just curious if any friendly fellow has seen this before and can throw me some pointers on how to fix it and get it working because clearly I am missing something. If it matters I am using the Hexa Clothing collection and I am wondering if that is somehow making this complicated for some reason.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
There is a couple possibilities:
- The folder tree has an error
- The clothing slot conflicts with another slot
Thanks for the response. In a strange twist of fate I was able to get some of the files i downloaded to work those ones were .pp files. however any file I try to convert to a .pp2 doesn't work. Does the naming convention matter when it comes to these files like does the .pp file name determine the slot it is associated with? Also how would I identify a folder tree error and correct that? I have doubts that the files themselves are having errors due to the fact I am getting them from pretty established repository.

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Basically your folder's hierarchy must be as following:

FOLDER
| |
AA2_MAKE AA2_PLAY
| |
jgxxxxx jgxxxxxx

Then you drag and drop the base FOLDER into pack_pp2.bat

Forum's killing my formatting :(

Reactions: Silentce

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
So the mod files I have are not jg files I think they are local files. inside AA2Play I have 3 files with AAOXXXXX files and a few others files. does this change the process at all? Additonally there is no data for AA2_make included is that fine or are these files just ones i am not gonna be able to work with?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Ah that is the missed step. Okay let me try that. I will give this a go and get back to you if I have any more questions. Just gotta say thanks for all the help. I apologize for hitting you with rapid fire questions but I think this will give me the missing knowledge I need to get things going.

EDIT: After a bit of searching and trial and error, I have gotten it working relatively (I say relatively, due to the fact that there are no thumbnails for the items in question but hey I will take what i can get. So it looks like it is working for now. Thank you for the help :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke Greene

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Hey Guess What, I am back lol. One last question (hopefully.....) So I am now trying to take all the .pp files I have and create .pp2 for individual mods to clean things up following your helpful advice however, Now when I attempt to create the .pp2s the script included with AA2Mini works, howeer the output file is ridiculously small (25 bits) So I am assuming it is empty. when i used pack_pp_2_pp2 previously It would throw back an error this I determined to be because I wasn't using the right folder tree like you was pointed out. Now I am unsure of what I am doing wrong but I am sure with my track record it is something I am doing wrong lol :) any advice is helpful.

Edit: It just suddenly started working So I think I am good now :) FINALLY

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 544159

So, I've been looking for awhile now on how to start this game, but I can find anything that could start it, there's just files. I've looked at the FAQ, but that didn't help with getting it up. I'm probably just stupid, but I can't find anything in the 12 GBs that were downloaded. Please help me with starting it up.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
So, I've been looking for awhile now on how to start this game, but I can find anything that could start it, there's just files. I've looked at the FAQ, but that didn't help with getting it up. I'm probably just stupid, but I can't find anything in the 12 GBs that were downloaded. Please help me with starting it up.
So a couple of questions to try and help you. First off did you download the links on this page, or the package mid thread i believe page 15 with the modern steps to download AA2 Mini? If you installed the links on page 1, did you follow the installation steps tab? I am just making a guess, but It sounds to me like you downloaded the files but haven't installed them yet. If you look on the first page of this thread there will be step by step instructions under the Installation tab. if that doesnt work could you give a bit more information on what you are seeing so I can get an idea of where you are in the installation process?

D

Deleted member 544159

Alright I'll try these, if they work I'll say so you won't have to reply more.

D

Deleted member 544159

Ok, I think I missed a step because I was able to get the game up to the character creation, but it's still in Japanese.

Edit: I'm not sure if it's all supposed to be in Japanese, but I can't really make any character(personality) decisions off of another language I can't understand.

Edit2: I have found a video which game me hope, I now have all the requirements to actually play the game. Here's the link for future use:

Last edited by a moderator:

leng177

Jan 31, 2018
not worth to effort, daemon tool doesn't even work for window 10 for me atleast, don't understand why someone doesn't just upload it without having to go thought the disk stuff, or is that harder than it seems

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
not worth to effort, daemon tool doesn't even work for window 10 for me atleast, don't understand why someone doesn't just upload it without having to go thought the disk stuff, or is that harder than it seems
Install AA2 Mini. Read the OP on /aa2g/, it's a lot easier than this here.

thadoomguy

Aug 8, 2018
Can someone help me here? I've got the game running and everything was working fine. I'm using Windows 10 and SBApplocale. I decided to boot up AA2 one day and found out that the student's names aren't visible anymore, and neither is the class name (the game knows there's a save file there though, so I was able to load my saved game). The game plays fine and I make progress, but it's annoying that the names of the students and class aren't visible.

thadoomguy

Aug 8, 2018
That's your problem here - SBApplocale doesn't work with Windows 10. If you aren't using the Mini change your system settings to Japanese.
Okay I had no idea. I was trying to follow the AA2 Wiki, and hit a dead end. So do I just change the format for non-Unicode programs to Japanese and I’m done? Or do I need to change everything? And is the Mini just an easier solution?

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Okay I had no idea. I was trying to follow the AA2 Wiki, and hit a dead end. So do I just change the format for non-Unicode programs to Japanese and I’m done? Or do I need to change everything? And is the Mini just an easier solution?
Change the region settings for non-Unicode programs to Japanese. And yes, the Mini is a far simpler solution.

Reactions: thadoomguy
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes