elliet93

Jun 5, 2017
Okay so quick question, I have windows 10 and I use Locale Emulator, will I be able to run this game? Wanna know what I'd need before downloading all 12gb's. Thanks!
See page 15 (https://f95zone.to/threads/artificial-academy-2-illusion.1336/post-1183283) and the discussion of AA2 Mini. Don't need to download all 12 GBs or use locale emulator. I'm on Windows 10 and, aside from the occasional crash (like, once every few times I play, not a huge deal if you save your game every "night"), it works like a charm.

Reactions: Emperor_Arcturus

RRanju

May 12, 2018

This special DLL actually started to function on my Windows 10, no matter what other d3d9.dll i used, with or without d3d9_alt.dll nothing really helped. It fixed the launch problem, and the low fps fix i had.

And for those who want to use OpenGL (wined3d3) Disable the Type 2 Renderer, that should fix weird the Rendering problem.
I was playing yesterday with OpenGL just fine, unfortuneately today im getting this crash after i click on my Roster and go back to my Room even with this dll. Can somebody please check it out if it actually fixes everything?
My Crash occurs pretty quick after few dialogs ingame.

AA2Play_UKCOaXaEwN.png AA2Play_ye7FWmItnj.png AA2Play_m7p5XjIQx7.png

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
raiho You could try to enable software vertex processing, but this will cost you FPS and there's no guarantee it will get rid of the crashes. Thanks, Windows 10 :(

Moxiii

Dec 20, 2017
Hi guys.
Anyone of you know how can i put subtitles when the npcs are talking background on the upperside of the screen?

xxxBMW123

Aug 8, 2018
Define properly.

I mean, there's a crapton of cheat options in the actual config menu within the game. What is wrong with it?
I have tried to use them and even looked at the wiki page. For instance I pressed on the 999% and then I still don't get any good results...

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
I have tried to use them and even looked at the wiki page. For instance I pressed on the 999% and then I still don't get any good results...
Built-in cheats work perfectly well but it's important to note that 999% only works if the normal percentage is already higher than 0. It won't allow you, for instance, to override things like the relationship requirement to have sex with high virtue characters.

What you want for that is the Geass mod. If you installed the game via the download in the OP it's possible you have the Frontier launcher, in which case you just need to keep the right button of your mouse pressed when you pick an action to force 999% no matter what, but note it also works for NPCs! If you don't have the Frontier launcher then download AAU as it has the option as well (and you can choose whether it works for NPCs too or not):

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Sounds like a pain in the ass to get starting but they say, that the best things are hard to get too.
Mayby with it I can rewrite my shitte victim school life with an utopian one.

xxxBMW123

Aug 8, 2018
Built-in cheats work perfectly well but it's important to note that 999% only works if the normal percentage is already higher than 0. It won't allow you, for instance, to override things like the relationship requirement to have sex with high virtue characters.

What you want for that is the Geass mod. If you installed the game via the download in the OP it's possible you have the Frontier launcher, in which case you just need to keep the right button of your mouse pressed when you pick an action to force 999% no matter what, but note it also works for NPCs! If you don't have the Frontier launcher then download AAU as it has the option as well (and you can choose whether it works for NPCs too or not):
Thanks it works. I enabled 999% cheat on the frontier launcher config thats why it didn't work.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Oh god.

People, listen to me: DO NOT DOWNLOAD FROM THE OP. DO NOT INSTALL THE HF PATCH EITHER.

The OP and every link on it is terribly, horribly outdated. You'll do nothing but give yourself a headache. Go to and read the OP there. Download AA2 Mini and the most important .pp2 mods and you'll be set. I'm serious here. /aa2g/ is the most complete and up-to-date source of info on the game. Hell, even Japanese players are forced to check it out from time to time.
So this is the reason why the patch applying do not work. Sadly your link is not working and so I finally found out how to use torrent more or less. And it turned out all whas useless because I suffer from Windows 10 Low FPS and the fix let the game crash. :FacePalm:

Last edited:

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
So this is the reason why the patch applying do not work. Sadly your link is not working and so I finally found out how to use torrent more or less. And it turned out all whas useless because I suffer from Windows 10 Low FPS and the fix let the game crash. :FacePalm:
Try dgVodoo 2 instead of d3d9 for the fix. Not guaranteed to help depending on your graphics card but who knows. Fuck Windows 10.

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Thank you for hint. But sadly the FPS Drop down to freezing still happen during talks.
Okay. Then try this:
- Use d3d9 with Software vertex processing
- Change renderer mode to type 1

If neither of these changes do anything you may need to visit the AAU discord for support.

IIVexusII

Jun 28, 2017
Was looking for a solution all day, but to no avail.
I am using Windows 7 Professional (x64) and I keep getting "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."
Any help would be much appreciated. (Am using the mini version)
OrangeGoat

OrangeGoat

May 23, 2018
there are launch options in the startup menu when you use the mini, in it there is the voodoo option, wined3d, and vanilla win10fix. the guide on page 15 covers this

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes