testier

Jan 5, 2019
probable been asked a million times but how do you fix the lag? the old way of using the d3d9 alt doesnt work for me anymore so id like some help from you guy if you wouldnt mind

Lith

Dec 3, 2017
probable been asked a million times but how do you fix the lag? the old way of using the d3d9 alt doesnt work for me anymore so id like some help from you guy if you wouldnt mind
having less students in the class than the maximum helps. also not having allot of students with some of the moded hairs can also help. other than that from what i've noticed is that it is just pretty random with lag sometimes due to the fact that in some cases allot of students will be walking around and talking to each other while in other cases they will rarely talk to each other and not move as much. if your using aa2 unlimited there are a few settings you can change to help.

Reactions: testier
Feb 20, 2019
Reduce or put mipmap level and shadow maps to zero. It worked for me at least.

Reactions: testier

testier

Jan 5, 2019
thank you both but guess i wasent clerafling what i meant my game only lags when talking to the characters and h sceans and so i tried doing the old fix of the fixed d3d9 even tried using AAU fix win 10 setting but both just crash my game at startup so i was wandering if there were any other fixes btw i have a good computer so i just need to deal with thos problems

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019
thank you both but guess i wasent clerafling what i meant my game only lags when talking to the characters and h sceans and so i tried doing the of fix of the fix d3d9 even tried using AAU fix win 10 setting but both just crash my game at startup so i was wandering if there were any other fixes btw i have a good computer so i just need to deal with thos problems
Did you try reinstalling the game? (and for the love of god save your character cards if you wanna try it)

Lith

Dec 3, 2017
thank you both but guess i wasent clerafling what i meant my game only lags when talking to the characters and h sceans and so i tried doing the old fix of the fixed d3d9 even tried using AAU fix win 10 setting but both just crash my game at startup so i was wandering if there were any other fixes btw i have a good computer so i just need to deal with thos problems
The lag with characters and h scenes as far as i'm aware is an aa2 unlimited thing. I played the regular version of the game and even with mods and it only ever lagged when characters interrupted me while i was trying to talk to another. So my only advice is to just hope that the guy working on aa2 unlimited fixes it one day.

OrangeGoat

May 23, 2018
there are ways to fix it but the mods and some other guy got mad about ten pages ago so now we cant talk about it

Lith

Dec 3, 2017
there are ways to fix it but the mods and some other guy got mad about ten pages ago so now we cant talk about it
If you know a way you can just pm people how when they ask about it if you feel like being a nice person. Or not. I've played so many games at 15-20 fps that lag doesn't really bother me too much.

testier

Jan 5, 2019
The lag with characters and h scenes as far as i'm aware is an aa2 unlimited thing. I played the regular version of the game and even with mods and it only ever lagged when characters interrupted me while i was trying to talk to another. So my only advice is to just hope that the guy working on aa2 unlimited fixes it one day.
guess i should stop using AAU then

RevanXe

Oct 10, 2017
Ive been trying to install and play this on Windows 10 as i used to have it on Win 7 and it played great and never had any issues with it then, but when i go to copy the update and patches over it doesn't ask to replace anything, and its happened twice, plus the game is so slow and jerky in the 3d segments. I have read the F.A.Q but it's not clear, it says to replace the direct x 3dll but no way i still have the old one. Is there a version of this game just ready to play somewhere? Or a way to install and play this adequately? Cheers for any help.

Feb 20, 2019
Ive been trying to install and play this on Windows 10 as i used to have it on Win 7 and it played great and never had any issues with it then, but when i go to copy the update and patches over it doesn't ask to replace anything, and its happened twice, plus the game is so slow and jerky in the 3d segments. I have read the F.A.Q but it's not clear, it says to replace the direct x 3dll but no way i still have the old one. Is there a version of this game just ready to play somewhere? Or a way to install and play this adequately? Cheers for any help.
You can download AA2mini if you want. It comes with AAU but i recommend that you download the latest version of AAU.

InaB_

Oct 7, 2019
Thanks for the answers. Kept wondering and ultimately gave AA2Mini a try. It works but i still have to warm up to it. It looks like more of a social interaction sim with all the given actions.

Reactions: H3ntaiMaster69
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes