Others Completed Artificial Girl 3 [Expansion] [Illusion]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

quoc9x

Sep 25, 2018
Because you don't have the subtitle files installed.
The d3d9.dll and Subtitle.cfg files are missing and there should be a subs directory inside the data directory.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: Looking through my install files shows that you probably only installed the [AG3][general][English Translation][Hentaijin][v1.50.2] in Wizzard, which only installs the translation for the game itself.

Check inside Wizzard to see if there's an [AG3+][all-in-one][translation+uncensor][v2.0] file and install it. If you don't have it I'll attach it below. It contains the subtitles and is the only one I've got showing in my Wizzard. I know there were originally more, but this is the only one I've still got.

It's a modification to Hentaijin's original launchers (now JS3_Play/Make) and includes an uncensor and the subtitles. If you don't like the uncensor provided with it you can replace it with your preferred uncensor (may have to use the "Force Mod" button in Wizzard).
It's working thanks :V I just put your d3d9.dll to my game folder and it's working 1569812200079.png

Oct 15, 2017
When I try to use the fix I get this 1572319790824.png
It goes away when I put the original dll file back. Could someone help me with that?

Redbrownalgae

Sep 30, 2018
Okay, maybe I'm dumb or lazy, but when I try the recent fix of swapping the d3d9.dll file, sure the frame rate improves, but all the goodies seem to disappear, like the subtitles or that control mod. Any way of getting improved frame rate and all the goodies?

Darkwatcher1001

Jul 9, 2018
Stopping by to report:
Kept getting a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death), saying either CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, or WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and for the life of me couldn't figure it out. My comps kinda old, at first I thought it just overheated, but every time I launched the AG3 Maker 1-10 mins later it BSOD'd me. Quickly tracked down that it was the fact I had replaced my graphics card at the end of last year, but I couldn't figure out for sure if it was that I was on Windows 8.1, the Graphics card being a GeForce Nvidia card, or if I just needed a newer set of the translation patch and quality of life mods.

Was, In fact, fixed by using dgVoodoo 2 as stated by Hatemonger on page 4. Only, oddly enough, I too had to use the x86 dll instead of the x64, even though that's what my system is. Because I'm using an older set of mods and patcher than the one here, I didn't have to add '_alt' to the dll. I just de-capitilized the letters to be on the safe side. I also used the latest version available instead of WIP60 and it has completely fixed the problem. Maker has been running for some 4'ish hours now, not a single lag, crash, or BSOD.

Just wanted to give my thanks to find a place where there's still community left for this dusty old gem, surprised Illusion never made AG4 yet. Also, this thread came up several times during my googling, so I wanted to leave the specific keywords so it would help others out while they're googling their problem.

Mostly I'm just glad I didn't have to download an older driver version, because there wasn't any for me to download, oldest driver is from last year that I could find. Would have just been screwed at that point. I'ma put this thread in my pocket and check in occasionally, I too have been leery of Hong Fire after the shitstorm of problems it went through.

Last edited:

Redbrownalgae

Sep 30, 2018
2 posts above yours.
I put the d3d9_alt next to the executable, so the frame rate was still good, but none of the subtitles seemed to be present, or any of the other mods. I even tried the emulator, but it didn't seem to do much. Is there something else I'm missing?

Redbrownalgae

Sep 30, 2018
You've overwritten the d3d9 that was originally modified for the subtitle mod. You'll need to force a reinstall of the subtitle mod to get it's d3d9 file back.
Are you talking about the d3d9 file that allows the subtitles? I actually backed it up into another folder so I have it laying around, unless I don't need it, do I need both the d3d9 and the d3d9_alt next to each other? If not, how do I get the subtitle mod then? I'm really sorry if i'm being difficult by the way, I'm just having a bit of trouble following what I'm to do.

waruikuroi

Sep 17, 2017
Dude! thak you very much!
Can you tell me how do I install the clothes on your shared folder,
Or if I only need to copy the files?

All my old stuff is . Most of it is my work, plus a copy of the clothing compilation and some rescued files that I'd had when HF crashed one of it's many times. Be careful if you grab that clothing compilation, it was a complete mess to try to sort through.

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
Alright so i installed the game and used the registry link on page 4 here but just starting the game and it runs extremely slow is there a fix for this or did i do something wrong?

Last edited:

UsagiSabita

Aug 10, 2017
Wondering if it is possible to extract models from Artificial Girl. I know it's technically possible from HS(thoughnot really worth the effort) but You don't get much.

doaxuk

Dec 29, 2019
Does anybody have the xdiff files that goes with the Illusion Morpher program?

I used to frequent Hongfire a lot a few years back and downloaded all mods possible for this game. Unfortunately due to a hard drive issue I lost all my saved data and mods for the game.
Now Hongfire is dead and not many people have anything related to this game. The game isn't the same without the mods.

Audaje

Dec 29, 2018
did everything, for some reason the game doesn't start whenever i put on the d3d9 alt file, reinstalled the subtitle mods d3d9 aswell. maybe this is about the current update of windows 10 but tried everything in this thread, noone of them worked is there a new fix for these old games other than the d3d9 trick?

jamiea776

Oct 3, 2017
has anyone found a real fix for this yet? also it takes forever too just start the dam game,, n next my game is the updated one it did not come with the Af3 make file am i missing something?? i can run all other Illusion games just fine.. but this one, is a pain in the ass..

Dehsurc

Jul 15, 2019
Because you don't have the subtitle files installed.
The d3d9.dll and Subtitle.cfg files are missing and there should be a subs directory inside the data directory.

EDIT: Looking through my install files shows that you probably only installed the [AG3][general][English Translation][Hentaijin][v1.50.2] in Wizzard, which only installs the translation for the game itself.

Check inside Wizzard to see if there's an [AG3+][all-in-one][translation+uncensor][v2.0] file and install it. If you don't have it I'll attach it below. It contains the subtitles and is the only one I've got showing in my Wizzard. I know there were originally more, but this is the only one I've still got.

It's a modification to Hentaijin's original launchers (now JS3_Play/Make) and includes an uncensor and the subtitles. If you don't like the uncensor provided with it you can replace it with your preferred uncensor (may have to use the "Force Mod" button in Wizzard).
Well now. Those files made my Game work again after latest win10 update! Thanks!

RadicalR

Dec 13, 2018
I'm about ready to toss this out of the window. Every time I launch either Make or Play, it just says "Now Loading", then closes.

I suspect it's missing *something*, but I'm not sure what. All the mods are installed correctly as far as I know.

Is there like a error log I can look at?

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes