Others Completed Artificial Girl 3 [Expansion] [Illusion]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

jamiea776

Oct 3, 2017
I'm about ready to toss this out of the window. Every time I launch either Make or Play, it just says "Now Loading", then closes.

I suspect it's missing *something*, but I'm not sure what. All the mods are installed correctly as far as I know.

Is there like a error log I can look at?
Hey don't feel lost, i can't even get the dam thing too start either.. when i do after n hour or so, it just lags n lags.. maybe someone will fix this eventually.. other wise im just staying away from this one.. too much space wasted

safeman

May 25, 2019
The dll files that allows the subtitles causes lag and the game is unplayable.
The fix dll file makes the game not even start at all and therefore also unplayable.

So, how does this work?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Game crashes on start. I believe this is due to not having the subtitles.cfg in my directory. I cannot figure out what installer is associate with adding this file. I have the subtitles.txt in my data folder and I have installed the necessary .dll however I am lacking this one file and I think taht is what is causing the crash. Any suggestions. This is what I currently have in my install directory

1580707357287.png

link66

Dec 2, 2017
Found a fix that has worked for me.

Follow the link in his explanation for the download. The issue, is the Subtitle Overlay. I've installed the HF mod that comes with this download multiple times eliminating one feature at a time and discovered the Subtitle Overlay is what was causing the issue. I'm looking for a fix for that now.

EDIT: So with the above fix it makes it full screen, run smooth, but removes subtitles. So i've been messing around for a couple hours to see what I can do to get it to work. I copied the SysWOW64 d3d9.dll in a backup folder. I then dropped the .DLL from the above link in the SysWOW64 folder. I reinstalled the HF patch but only installing the translations. I started the game, it opens with subs, runs smoothly... BUT is not full screen. It only opens up in the top left corner. Maybe someone could help me out from here.

Last edited:

wavent19

Oct 15, 2017
There seems to be an issue with running the game in the newest 10 update from last year. This isn't a lag issue because I had gotten that solved from last Windows update, now it flat out won't run anymore. I actually regressed to a previous update before just so I could play again, but due to issues with my PC I've since updated back to the latest version of 10. Anybody know what could be causing the game to not respond anymore?

link66

Dec 2, 2017
There seems to be an issue with running the game in the newest 10 update from last year. This isn't a lag issue because I had gotten that solved from last Windows update, now it flat out won't run anymore. I actually regressed to a previous update before just so I could play again, but due to issues with my PC I've since updated back to the latest version of 10. Anybody know what could be causing the game to not respond anymore?

It's a Direct X issue

link66

Dec 2, 2017
Is there a way around it though or would I have to regress the update again? Would it be possible to install a version of DirectX that fixes the issue?

Yes, there is a fix I located, but it removes all translations. You can't replace translations, or rather you can, but then you have the issue you're having. Unfortunately HF is gone, so there probably won't be a real fix for it.

wavent19

Oct 15, 2017
Yes, there is a fix I located, but it removes all translations. You can't replace translations, or rather you can, but then you have the issue you're having. Unfortunately HF is gone, so there probably won't be a real fix for it.
I'll give it a try if you're willing to divulge how.

link66

Dec 2, 2017
Found a fix that has worked for me.

Follow the link in his explanation for the download. The issue, is the Subtitle Overlay. I've installed the HF mod that comes with this download multiple times eliminating one feature at a time and discovered the Subtitle Overlay is what was causing the issue. I'm looking for a fix for that now.

EDIT: So with the above fix it makes it full screen, run smooth, but removes subtitles. So i've been messing around for a couple hours to see what I can do to get it to work. I copied the SysWOW64 d3d9.dll in a backup folder. I then dropped the .DLL from the above link in the SysWOW64 folder. I reinstalled the HF patch but only installing the translations. I started the game, it opens with subs, runs smoothly... BUT is not full screen. It only opens up in the top left corner. Maybe someone could help me out from here.

Reactions: Uveraeth

TJay

Oct 23, 2017
Hiya people.

Does anyone have Illusion Morpher to share?
I managed to find the xdiff files but no luck with the app.

Reactions: JoseAlc

Crucival

Jan 21, 2018
I could've sworn the last time I had this installed Ctrl + X brought up the values for every character but it doesn't seem that way anymore. Anyone know why? All I have is the download from the torrent, base game + HF patch.

TJay

Oct 23, 2017
I could've sworn the last time I had this installed Ctrl + X brought up the values for every character but it doesn't seem that way anymore. Anyone know why? All I have is the download from the torrent, base game + HF patch.
Humm...I may be wrong but i think it may have something to do with the d3d9 file present in you root folder.
You can play without lag but with no subtitles, am i right?

Reactions: theuglyolga
5.00 star(s) 6 Votes