3.20 star(s) 9 Votes

mikeblack

Oct 10, 2017
I know but There should be some progress seen, to keep the player interested. Im 4 months in and Ive managed to lower the inhibition by 1, Lust raised for 0.5 and deviance is still on 0. Ive made 80 cash in total, was able to build 1 building (for the starting money) and unlock one policy/code. in 4 months. with playing every single day, even if they are somehow fast. Id like to unlock more policies or other stuff to be able to lower/rise the stats faster but i simply dont have enough nessessities for it and with this tempo, i will be able to get them maybe in a year, atleast for a start. I know thats what this game is about, I dont mind that type of games but this is too much hardcore for me...
It takes a bit time at the start to get things going. I'm at the start of year 4, earn 170 per week, inhibition at 0, deviance at 90 and all unlocks.

XAmsterdamX

Jul 8, 2019
I just finished the game in its current phase (everything unlocked, high stats on everything, purchased all buildings with a 1-2 upgrades) . It took me about 4 hours.

I really enjoyed it as a simplified and more transparent version of HHS. Being able to see all the stats and not having to worry about stuff like lecture schedules and specific teachers helped a lot. The game could benefit from a bit more content that focuses on individual relationships (with teachers and students), but the management algorithm works pretty well.

Here is some gameplay advice:

There are basically two phases in the game. During phase 1, you need to build up a respectable school by focusing on the following stats: behavior, morale, academics and athletics. This phase ends when these stats are high enough (50+). During phase 2 you can prioritize deviancy and (lowering) inhibition.

• PHASE 1 DESCRIPTION (WILL TAKE ABOUT 1.5-2 HOURS):
  • First you must focus on your regular tasks as a principal: improve behavior and morale, an increase academic and athletics records. Until you have all of these high enough (50+) I would not focus on the naughty stats. I ended up prioritizing them in the following order: academics > morale > behavior > athletics, though I don't think this matters. EDIT: /u/Darthjake suggested to focus on behavior first, because for the previous version it was recommended by the developer.
  • This should also take care of your reputation, as your money and staff support gradually grows.
  • To increase behavior, moral, academics and athletics, set policies to boost academics (better materials, smaller class sizes, etc.) and find a balance between order (school uniform, teacher leeway) and fun.
  • If you make changes too quickly the stress level of students goes up, but I never noticed any impact on the game as long as it stayed below 15 (which was never a problem).
  • Initially get as many new students as you can (by relaxing requirements and - I think - building reputation). This will reduce other stats (because new students misbehave), but you need the money. Once I got close to ~200 students I started increasing requirements and finished the game with ~300 students. It's possible that more students would have allowed me to speed up by investing more in buildings.
  • Buildings - initially focus on the ones that are relevant for academic and athletic performance. I got all as soon as I could (except for dormitory which is only necessary if you have >300 students), but did not upgrade any until much later.
  • Clubs - only 1 in the game now - cheerleading. I got it immediately (through 'unlock'), not sure if necessary.
  • Unlocks - focus first on the ones that have an impact on academics/athletics (e.g. 'tiny classes') and behavior (e.g. 'teaching leeway'). But mostly wait to unlock stuff until the academy is running well (high behavior / moral / academics / athletics). Note: the cost of unlocks depends on some other stats, mainly student behavior - the better students behave, the easier it is to unlock things.
  • -------------------
  • PHASE 2 DESCRIPTION (WILL TAKE ABOUT 1-1.5 HOURS).
  • Once all your stats are high enough, start working on the stats deviance and inhibition. At some point the stat 'lust' is added to the game, but this goes up automatically with the others. Unlock things that gradually expose students to nudity and sex (uniform, depiction of human body, PDAs allowed), and change policies/rules to implement these. You often have to grind a bit to get enough staff support to pay for these unlocks, but it goes quite fast at this point.
  • Students and teachers are fine with more lewdness (high moral, high staff support), student stress levels may be higher but this has no consequence. Your reputation decreases slowly but not to the point where it becomes an issue (in my case).
  • What you do during morning/afternoon/evening is up to you, I'm not sure what the impact is on the game. WHile you are building academic and behavior stats you should act as a responsible principal. Once you start focusing on deviance and (lowering) inhibition you can take lewder actions, but these choices should be pretty obvious.
  • Sunday review: you can choose what teachers will focus on, to boost a specific stat. Pick the stat that you want to raise, in my case it was mostly behavior unless morale fell too low. Later on you can choose 'exploring their bodies' as an option, which you can choose when the other stats are all high enough. You can also choose to give the teachers a break, which gives you an increase in staff support that you can use to unlock things.
  • Once you have completed all the unlocks there is nothing more to do. There is some interaction with individual students (e.g. in the library and bath), but I imagine that this is something the developer is still working on.
Enjoy.

Last edited:

Sasquatch17

Aug 5, 2018
If you unlock the developer console (use unren or something) you can use the following console command to change your stats:
{stat}_o.value = {value}

e.g. cash_o.value = 500

I used these commands to finish the game quite quickly.

cash_o.value = 10000
staff_support_o.value = 100 ( you will need to use this a few times)
reputation_o.value = 150
behavior_o.value = 100
morale_o.value = 100
academics_o.value = 100
athletics_o.value = 100
deviance_o.value = 100
inhibition_o.value = 0
lust_o.value = 118 (this is the highest I could get)
stress_o.value = 0

Good Luck!

mikeblack

Oct 10, 2017
I let it run up to year 6 with all unlocked and values at its max/best (except for lust). Looks like there is no NG+ mode or end in the current version.

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Heh, I focused on behavior first, because as I recall in the original Ashford the kids burned down the school if you didn't have a 60 in behavior by April.

I'm to September 1st year, and behavior is now a 46.8, and Morale is a 53.8 from the 0.0 it was while I was raising behavior.

Once I get Behavior back up to the 50s I'll focus more on Academics and Athletics.

I'd give Redux a passing grade. :D

Reactions: Ashford

Oshitari Azumi

Who's the strongest Nobbu?!
Donor
May 23, 2017
Whoa I was not expecting a Redux of this game! Easily a download for me. Thanks for the upload~!

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Is there any "gaming" aspect here? or is it the usual VN click-fest?
Is there any reason that the last pic seems rip from To Love Ru?
looking at the screenshots i wonder: is this a visual novel?
The art is taken from outside sources, including visual novels, and the game is text based with supplementary images, but the game itself is not a VN. It is a management game, VNs only give choices, this actually has stats and things to do other than talking to very specific characters, such as actually running the school and setting policies that will affect the daily running thereof. I'm not sure if this dev has gotten around to it yet since I have not played this version yet, but there is literally a policy in the original to make the girls come to school naked. You don't get that kind of influence in a VN.

This is definitely censored.
Some of it is, same reason as my answer above, some of the art comes from Japan, where censorship is required by law.

Riviar

Mar 20, 2018
I get this is using "borrowed" art, but how does the art feel in this game? Usually games without it's own art have all the different art styles jumbled together (super annoying especially for the same character represented in different style every picture) and pictures barely matching the context. Does this one have this problem, too?

MailMeister

May 1, 2017
Had guessed it already
Dev, you should be orignal :cautious:
This is not the OG dev, this game was "abandoned" and honestly more like a community developed game anyways. There never was any money involved (like patreon) so spending it on original art just wasn't (isn't) feasible.

WHAT? Does not look censored to me
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But maybe there is some censored images because they took images from other places
There are censored and uncensored (more censored pics I think) pictures in this game since they are taken from other VNs, so it's actually kind of a mixed deal here, like HHS+ for example

Last edited:
Reactions: Reij and Ashford

BabyYoda

Too cute I am
Mar 20, 2018
MailMeister I'll play this game later and see. I extracted all images in the game when i was posting and didnt find any censored content, i'll check again.

Reactions: mamalel

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
Interesting news that this remake is being made. Ashford is the inspiration for Hentai Highschool+ (HHS+) among others, and it was realy fun management game during the days that those type of games where often made (this was around the same time as games like: HHS+, Sim Brothel and Whore Master). Look forward to seeing this developed.

As i see on their forum, most of the old content is adaptable for the new version, so development time early on should be faster then having to make content new from scratch. Good luck, hope to see more.

PS: BabyYoda : safe to say its a mixed batch, some censored, and some uncensored. Most if not all of the old content images are open source ripped from image boards and such. Maybe the dev will change around some images, as he did say on the forums (Hentaihighschool ones, not here.) he was changing some events like the outfit rules to actualy impact the choice of images you would get when interacting with students (So i guys if you implemented naked uniform policies, then you would get more acurate images dipicting the policy actualy being in effect: so more naked school girls i guess :LOL: )

Wether any original art will be added we can see in the future, i personaly dont mind the current art.

Last edited:

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Note: The Debug/Stat change options...don't actually work right.

The values don't hold.

There are 3 (maybe 2, not sure) that maintain the stats.

For example...Cash
cash = X does set the money, but alone it doesn't stick.

I had to do 2 others.

cash_internal and cash_static to make the value stay.

This seems to go for all of them. Athletics, Academics, Teacher Support..etc

I would have to look into the code for the debug/stat change menus...but I don't really have the time right now. To see which values are used and how they are modified.

3.20 star(s) 9 Votes