Feb 21, 2023
Much of the feedback I would have for the prologue was already mentioned. I dig the character design in most cases especially LIs (both known and likely). Animations were good. The story and setup is not generic, a welcome thing no doubt.
Though from the family meeting onward the progression was quite jumpy and a bit silly at times. Not sure what the general intended tone is yet. A lot of transitions were rough for me with older frames flickering in and scene changes not being smooth. Not having this for any other VN or game so I am tentatively pointing away from myself.

It is quite ok and I even like it when some obvious things happen offscreen and readers are not spoon-fed absolutely every single molecule pertaining to the story. But when Norman goes missing between opening the door after the zombie and before the robot I do wonder why noone takes note of that. That was not something obvious to me as to why he would be gone alone.

I'm really not sure about the death scenes. Are they meant to be comedic? Then maybe have a return feature. Are they not comedic? For the latter they are fairly obvious (perhaps excluding the goblin one, I certainly did not see that one coming :LUL:) Music I was not so sure either. In that home video I thought it was not so fitting, but maybe that was because I already had an expectation for the overall tone to be darker which turned out to be not the case for reasons I stated earlier. Afterwards it was quite ok.

While they are likely a lot of work I would have liked to see some more scenery fitting the setting and timeline. At least according to the synopsis and the intro there supposedly was a lot of stuff happening in the coming few years. So a bit more from inside cities or something like that.

So far so good, but I'll wait for more content to see how it develops. Current strong point in my opinion is character design and world building. A lot of potential fun stuff being teased at. The rest is not bad but could use some polish here and there. Mostly transitions and story progression. Keep it up though, it's surely on a good way =)

Reactions: NoGloryx

sam20sss

Jan 24, 2023
You've got something on your hands with an interesting story, striking girls (especially the crazy one with a split personality, Anya). For your first attempt at a game, it's good. Over time, you'll keep improving and fine-tuning the details... Anyway, good luck with your project, and I'll be following along.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoGloryx

DevinHesi

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2021

1728821252558.png

Greetings ladies and gentlemen, it's been a month since the release of the game, and it's time to share some information about what's going on. First of all, I'm alive and well, don't worry about that, it's been a bit difficult this month, because too many things happened, and not the most pleasant ones.

My hard disk broke with all the files from the game, including AE, PS, music and other stuff, I was only able to recover the game files, and then only half of them. Due to this, the UI will be redesigned again.
I was in the hospital, for some reasons, but it's not really important.
I also faced burnout, depression and other consequences, because of which I had to take a break for a few days.

Now for the good news, first, I rethought my attitude to work on the game, and decided to choose quality over quantity, and give time to rest. As a result, the 700 renders I made for the new chapter have already been successfully reworked and finalized. As for the novella itself, I'm doing my best to make the choices in the game affect the narrative, rather than going the same route, so I've removed the paths by which you can die immediately (Well, it's still going to happen, but a little later.) Also working on the dialogs themselves, trying to make the characters natural, not like ordinary dolls, because of which the dialogs that I wrote originally, had to be redone too, eh-heh-hey, a week of rework.

As for the numbers, here is the progress (Numbers are approximate and may increase)

Renders - 40% (Current number 750 renders)
Words - 25% (Current number 10k words)
Music - 10%
Code - 0%

There's a lot of work to be done, but it's not standing still, and everything is on schedule. That's all for now. Thank you all for your attention, and see you soon.

Yours friendly neighborhood dev,
NoGlory

4.70 star(s) 6 Votes