hyh111

Nov 15, 2019
There is a bug in Android Edition.
It leads to a situation that I can't keep playing game when I have to load the First Map of College because of this bug. This is what the error happens:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'COLLEGEbase1.jpg'>:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
Exception: Could not load image u'COLLEGEbase1.jpg': error('JPEG loading error',)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "v2.rpyc", line 378, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1947, in execute
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1935, in call
File "renpy/statements.py", line 277, in call
File "renpy/exports.py", line 2896, in call_screen
File "renpy/ui.py", line 295, in interact
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2699, in interact
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
File "render.pyx", line 546, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 247, in renpy.display.render.render
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 722, in render
File "render.pyx", line 154, in renpy.display.render.render
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 675, in render
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 584, in render
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 266, in get
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 629, in load
File "renpy/display/pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
Exception: Could not load image u'COLLEGEbase1.jpg': error('JPEG loading error',)

Lamperouge94

Nov 19, 2018
What is the game status right now?
Excuse me but I don't understand your question. It seems to me that Kthulian often indicates what he has implemented in these updates. In addition the game is updated once a month, and from what I understand it would come around May 14 it seems to me.

In any case, know that the game is far from being abandoned and that it is not over. It will have various improvements as well as the continuation of the story.

geveze

Oct 10, 2019
Excuse me but I don't understand your question. It seems to me that Kthulian often indicates what he has implemented in these updates. In addition the game is updated once a month, and from what I understand it would come around May 14 it seems to me.

In any case, know that the game is far from being abandoned and that it is not over. It will have various improvements as well as the continuation of the story.
Sorry for not being understood, I'm not a native speaker. Thanks for the information.

Lamperouge94

Nov 19, 2018
Sorry for not being understood, I'm not a native speaker. Thanks for the information.
No worries, I'm delighted to have been able to inform you.

I assure you, I am French and English is not my original language. And the same goes for many people on this forum. Kthulian himself is not an English speaker. Don't hesitate to ask for more information if you have any doubts about anything.

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
There is a bug in Android Edition.
It leads to a situation that I can't keep playing game when I have to load the First Map of College because of this bug. This is what the error happens:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'COLLEGEbase1.jpg'>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "v2.rpyc", line 378, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1947, in execute
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1935, in call
File "renpy/statements.py", line 277, in call
File "renpy/exports.py", line 2896, in call_screen
File "renpy/ui.py", line 295, in interact
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2699, in interact
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
File "render.pyx", line 546, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 675, in render
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 584, in render
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 266, in get
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 629, in load
File "renpy/display/pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
Hey, sorry for the late reply, are you still having issues?

No worries, I'm delighted to have been able to inform you.

I assure you, I am French and English is not my original language. And the same goes for many people on this forum. Kthulian himself is not an English speaker. Don't hesitate to ask for more information if you have any doubts about anything.
Thank you :)

Maybe this will help to sweeten the waiting time for the next update. :sneaky:

View attachment 650547
Next update? What next update? :p

Jun 17, 2018
Hello guys. The fights are real buggy to me. The fight against minotaur worked fine, just when the minotaur was about to get its final blow, the game froze but moved ahead in due time. The real bug is when i fight against this ancient statue right after meeting ataegina, any attack i do it just freezes after the attack, i can't move ahead with the fight. Could you guys help me out here?

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Hello guys. The fights are real buggy to me. The fight against minotaur worked fine, just when the minotaur was about to get its final blow, the game froze but moved ahead in due time. The real bug is when i fight against this ancient statue right after meeting ataegina, any attack i do it just freezes after the attack, i can't move ahead with the fight. Could you guys help me out here?
Hey there, thanks for playing :).
Well, it helps to know if you are using PC, MAC, Android and if it's the Original or Compressed versions, also have you tried other combats? (by going to neutral or evil path) If all battles freeze it would be a different issue than just that one.

Cheers

Jun 17, 2018
Hey there, thanks for playing :).
Well, it helps to know if you are using PC, MAC, Android and if it's the Original or Compressed versions, also have you tried other combats? (by going to neutral or evil path) If all battles freeze it would be a different issue than just that one.

Cheers
Hey, thanks for replying at your earliest. I'm sorry i forgot to mention the issue in detail haha. So i'm playing the Compressed version on the PC. And to be very specific, i haven't used any cheats in the game and i'm following the good path rn. Haven't tried the neutral/evil path yet, but i will try them soon. I was just curious about the good path so i didn't try the other ones yet XD

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Hey, thanks for replying at your earliest. I'm sorry i forgot to mention the issue in detail haha. So i'm playing the Compressed version on the PC. And to be very specific, i haven't used any cheats in the game and i'm following the good path rn. Haven't tried the neutral/evil path yet, but i will try them soon. I was just curious about the good path so i didn't try the other ones yet XD
Well... The compressed version is not really made by me but it should work similar code wise. If you do try a different combat please tell me if it has the same issue. You could also try the original version and see if it solves the problem.

PS: Thank you so much for the 5 stars :)

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
While testing for the game, I had the combat freeze up on me after doing a lot of rolling back. If you did a lot of rolling back, that may have been the problem.

Whether that was the cause of the problem or not, the solution I found was to save, exit the game, relaunch the game and reload the save. I recommend saving before each battle, just in case you run into this problem for some reason.

I hope this is helpful for you. :)

Jun 17, 2018
Well... The compressed version is not really made by me but it should work similar code wise. If you do try a different combat please tell me if it has the same issue. You could also try the original version and see if it solves the problem.

PS: Thank you so much for the 5 stars :)
Yes, i'll try the Original version. The speed and bandwidth is so low here due to lockdown that I could not wait so long to download the game XD. I'm quite impressed with your game and the things you've done in the game so far, so yeah i'll wait and actually download the Original version. Keep doing the amazing work you've doing and thanks for the game yo!
Cheers!

Jun 17, 2018
While testing for the game, I had the combat freeze up on me after doing a lot of rolling back. If you did a lot of rolling back, that may have been the problem.

Whether that was the cause of the problem or not, the solution I found was to save, exit the game, relaunch the game and reload the save. I recommend saving before each battle, just in case you run into this problem for some reason.

I hope this is helpful for you. :)
I did as you mentioned and it worked! Thanks for replying and fixing it!

4.10 star(s) 174 Votes