Bad ass MC

Will keep a eye on this

But so far its been great

• Red Heart
Reactions: xDIONYSUSx

xDIONYSUSx

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
Did I misread, or are you saying you haven't even decided yet what kind of sexual fetishes, if any, will eventually be in this game?
(since according to tags the only sex it has right now is masturbation. which is too meta for me)
Soon!
It is just the start of a pong long journey ♥

Ecchi lover

Mar 9, 2018
enjoyed the story but sad that didn't got to hug granny

jumping texts are nice but the once that fade in are kinda annoying, cuz i will accidently skip past it then scroll back and have to wait for it to load in.
there are few spelling mistake still there but overall its fine.

i will keep and eye out for future updates and good luck to the dev!

• Red Heart

xDIONYSUSx

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
enjoyed the story but sad that didn't got to hug granny

jumping texts are nice but the once that fade in are kinda annoying, cuz i will accidently skip past it then scroll back and have to wait for it to load in.
there are few spelling mistake still there but overall its fine.

i will keep and eye out for future updates and good luck to the dev!
Sorry for the inconveniences!
I will remove the fades in next episode if they are a bother♥
Thank you so much for playing Aura Colors!♥

Reactions: Ecchi lover

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I keep being torn on this game. I like the story, the girls are all cute, and I started out liking the characters (except Atsuko, who I still like), but every last one of them acts overwhelmingly childish, and it's made it a lot harder to like them. Like, every character other than Atsuko is incredibly immature, doing stupid things because they're impulsive, or spiteful, or just because, for a joke. Atsuko is kinda childish, too, but for her it reads more like innocence.

It was a frustration in the previous version, but this latest version just amped it up to 11, which grates since the game otherwise has a lot of potential. The kinetic text effects are fun, albeit a little overused. The overarching plot seems like it might be decent, but we keep getting lost in the annoying weeds of it.

I don't even agree with some of the reviews/comments that the MC or the game are edgy. They're not. They're faux-edgy. They almost feel chuuni: attempting to be edgy and resulting in ridiculous absurdity. Eight-grader syndrome at its finest (and note how many times 'middle-schooler' comes up below, which reinforces the chuuni feel).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Overall spoiler-free summary of the above:
  • The MC isn't likable despite being a little more interesting than the average HS MC.
  • Aiko isn't likable despite being very cute.
  • Yukine isn't likable despite being cute. She starts to redeem herself at the very end of the current build, so she is perhaps salvageable.
With three out of four of the main characters (by screen time so far) being actively frustrating to read, and none of the so-far side characters (by screen time) being any better than those three (except arguably Kasumi), I don't know how much farther I can go with this one.

A couple technical notes not related to my concerns above:
  • Since there aren't really any choices, the single-option choices are very frustrating, as are the cases that LOOK like two choices, but choosing the 'wrong' one just results in the MC berating the player for choosing wrong, and doing what the 'correct' choice would have done anyway. Since you even say at the end: "Now some of you may be worried about your saves, but don't worry! simply take in each episode on its own and enjoy it because saves from episode one won't have any impact on the second episode", just mark what's here so far as a Kinetic Novel, and remove all the choices.
  • The default MC name is 'Yoshi'. Later on, when he admits who he is to Yukine, he says his real name is 'Yoshi'. That means someone who uses the default name will get the dialogue:
    - yuki "So you are Yoshi..."
    - mc "Yes but I don't go by that name anymore so call me Yoshi"
    Which is, well... a little silly. It would have been nice to have been able to choose the MC's 'old' name as well as his new alias.
tl;dr: Plot has decent potential. Characters look cute. Writing is frustrating. Characters act immature. Conflicts feel contrived. I guess we'll see where Ep.2 takes us, and hope some of the immature feel goes away as the game develops further.

xDIONYSUSx

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
I keep being torn on this game. I like the story, the girls are all cute, and I started out liking the characters (except Atsuko, who I still like), but every last one of them acts overwhelmingly childish, and it's made it a lot harder to like them. Like, every character other than Atsuko is incredibly immature, doing stupid things because they're impulsive, or spiteful, or just because, for a joke. Atsuko is kinda childish, too, but for her it reads more like innocence.

It was a frustration in the previous version, but this latest version just amped it up to 11, which grates since the game otherwise has a lot of potential. The kinetic text effects are fun, albeit a little overused. The overarching plot seems like it might be decent, but we keep getting lost in the annoying weeds of it.

I don't even agree with some of the reviews/comments that the MC or the game are edgy. They're not. They're faux-edgy. They almost feel chuuni: attempting to be edgy and resulting in ridiculous absurdity. Eight-grader syndrome at its finest (and note how many times 'middle-schooler' comes up below, which reinforces the chuuni feel).

• The MC isn't likable despite being a little more interesting than the average HS MC.
  • Yukine isn't likable despite being cute. She starts to redeem herself at the very end of the current build, so she is perhaps salvageable.
With three out of four of the main characters (by screen time so far) being actively frustrating to read, and none of the so-far side characters (by screen time) being any better than those three (except arguably Kasumi), I don't know how much farther I can go with this one.

• Since there aren't really any choices, the single-option choices are very frustrating, as are the cases that LOOK like two choices, but choosing the 'wrong' one just results in the MC berating the player for choosing wrong, and doing what the 'correct' choice would have done anyway. Since you even say at the end: "Now some of you may be worried about your saves, but don't worry! simply take in each episode on its own and enjoy it because saves from episode one won't have any impact on the second episode", just mark what's here so far as a Kinetic Novel, and remove all the choices.
  • The default MC name is 'Yoshi'. Later on, when he admits who he is to Yukine, he says his real name is 'Yoshi'. That means someone who uses the default name will get the dialogue:
    Which is, well... a little silly. It would have been nice to have been able to choose the MC's 'old' name as well as his new alias.
tl;dr: Plot has decent potential. Characters look cute. Writing is frustrating. Characters act immature. Conflicts feel contrived. I guess we'll see where Ep.2 takes us, and hope some of the immature feel goes away as the game develops further.
Thank you for trying it♥
I hope it gets better for you in the future♥!

Reactions: Tiur

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

In general, I agree with what you have stated. The plot looks good, but the behavior of the characters is questionable at best.

Personally, the most remarkable thing I have seen is the following:

Lots of fights over inconsequential issues that don't really contribute anything (I think you've included basically all of them, so I won't repeat them) and that could be easily resolved if the characters talked to each other.

I'm not sure why Atsuko is head over heels in love with the MC and she acts like she's known him for years when theoretically they've only known each other for a couple of days.

The whole thing with Yukine (her chasing the MC around the school, the peculiar encounter with Kohaku in the cafeteria, the insistence on the headpat, the constant reference to her hostile aura towards the MC, etc) gets pretty boring after a while.

It's also quite frustrating that the MC, who is expected to be mature and responsible, acts in such a childish way in each situation, that together with the equally childish behavior of the other characters ends up generating unnecessary conflicts.

I have also noticed these two details, although certainly the one that has been the most curious to me is that the name that the MC has decided to use to hide his identity is his own name.

xDIONYSUSx

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
In general, I agree with what you have stated. The plot looks good, but the behavior of the characters is questionable at best.

Personally, the most remarkable thing I have seen is the following:

Lots of fights over inconsequential issues that don't really contribute anything (I think you've included basically all of them, so I won't repeat them) and that could be easily resolved if the characters talked to each other.

I'm not sure why Atsuko is head over heels in love with the MC and she acts like she's known him for years when theoretically they've only known each other for a couple of days.

The whole thing with Yukine (her chasing the MC around the school, the peculiar encounter with Kohaku in the cafeteria, the insistence on the headpat, the constant reference to her hostile aura towards the MC, etc) gets pretty boring after a while.

It's also quite frustrating that the MC, who is expected to be mature and responsible, acts in such a childish way in each situation, that together with the equally childish behavior of the other characters ends up generating unnecessary conflicts.

I have also noticed these two details, although certainly the one that has been the most curious to me is that the name that the MC has decided to use to hide his identity is his own name.
I hope the next update will be more to your liking then ♥!
Thank you for the feedback too it helps!♥

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I hope the next update will be more to your liking then ♥!
Thank you for the feedback too it helps!♥
I actually think the game should limit absurd situations and discussions: if it's something that happens from time to time, or if it focuses on a particular character (like Aiko; the LI with the pink hair, right?, or the guy with the helmet ) then the desired humorous situation effect would be achieved more effectively. The fact that it's something that basically happens with everyone the MC comes across, and he basically behaves in a childish way all the time, takes away from the seriousness of the character: It's okay that he behaves in a more or less indiferent way (even in a humorous non-shrill way), ignoring the headmitress, showing little interest or even some humorous disdain for the behavior of other characters towards him. But I think it's excessive that with clearly childish behavior he continually provokes situations where he ends up arguing with other people who also seem to have a clearly childish behavior.

What I want to say is that, in general, the behavior of the MC as it is now, can serve perfectly, in my opinion, as long as continuous childish discussions are avoided (as I say, they should be something limited to some characters, if possible secondary, like the guy with the helmet, designed for it)

In any case, it's your game, and this is just my personal opinion.

• Red Heart

xDIONYSUSx

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
I actually think the game should limit absurd situations and discussions: if it's something that happens from time to time, or if it focuses on a particular character (like Aiko; the LI with the pink hair, right?, or the guy with the helmet ) then the desired humorous situation effect would be achieved more effectively. The fact that it's something that basically happens with everyone the MC comes across, and he basically behaves in a childish way all the time, takes away from the seriousness of the character: It's okay that he behaves in a more or less indiferent way (even in a humorous non-shrill way), ignoring the headmitress, showing little interest or even some humorous disdain for the behavior of other characters towards him. But I think it's excessive that with clearly childish behavior he continually provokes situations where he ends up arguing with other people who also seem to have a clearly childish behavior.

What I want to say is that, in general, the behavior of the MC as it is now, can serve perfectly, in my opinion, as long as continuous childish discussions are avoided (as I say, they should be something limited to some characters, if possible secondary, like the guy with the helmet, designed for it)

In any case, it's your game, and this is just my personal opinion.
Like i said Every bit of feedback you give is important and i appreciate it good or bad it will help me improve the story.
So thank you so much for that♥i will keep what you said in mind and work on it in the next update

Reactions: BlasKyau
4.00 star(s) 8 Votes