4.20 star(s) 109 Votes

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Wow, just wow. Only played the Dallas (poly-) route so far. Sure I expected a great update, but that was just awesome. Of course again some extremely funny moments, I also had to laugh out loud sometimes (eg "the tip kind of look like a tumor")...And Merc and Lance are just adorably hilarious. It's almost a pity that there are only 2 acts left now.

And here's a tribute to one of the two newcomers of the game:
View attachment 688494

Info to Lockheart: the new "act select" is a nice new feature, I only noticed that for selecting some older acts the main menu music keeps playing - there is probably only a "stop music" command missing in the script.

Update June 11, 2020
And here is the second newcomer:

View attachment 688956

And I don't think Byron had any signatures yet:
View attachment 688957
These new signatures look great, KoGa3! Thank you!

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
I touched very lightly on Penny's background. And Octavia, I plan to get into but I seriously think people aren't going to like it. We'll see! I'll touch on it and see how people respond, for sure!
I meant Penny's history with Octavia - how did they meet, enter into a relationship... that kind of stuff. There is history there, so it is expected that a spin-off for Penny will feature at least a cameo by Octavia. How much you want to make of it is, of course, up to you.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lockheart
D

Deleted member 584847

uhm... I just started the game, picked a name for the girl, then there was a phone call and then i got like 50 errors mainly about images?

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
uhm... I just started the game, picked a name for the girl, then there was a phone call and then i got like 50 errors mainly about images?
Hmm. Sounds like you got a corrupt Download. Can you link the error message?

Reactions: Ghostly

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Progress Report - 06/15/2020

I've been thinking a lot about this progress report. I spent the majority of last week getting things set up for Act 6 of Avalon. Most outfits are done, I've planned out several scenes and I also got the first few scenes either started or finished. I additionally ran every line of dialogue through Grammarly and cleaned up a considerable amount of mistakes. Polish, polish, polish!

I've got some bad news about Act 6 and you're not going to like it. I can't see many ways to add sexual content to the Polygamy path that would make sense with the story in this latest Act. I never intended Avalon to be heavy with sexual content because it's the story that I'm passionate about. So I hope you're here for the story. But if you're not, I want to give you a fair warning now that there might be considerably less sexual content in Act 6. And then Act 7 will probably have as much, or more than Act 5.

With that said, I'm also contemplating a 'Bonus Content' follow up after Act 7 is complete. It's not something I'm going to discuss right now but it will likely be primarily focused on sexual content.

I've been wrestling with Daz3D lately. I updated it to the latest version and it's giving me a lot of trouble. I've also ordered an NVLink to try to help increase the size of my scenes. I couldn't get the last one I ordered to work and it basically crashed my whole system and I had to spend a considerable amount of time fixing my computer. So this is a bit of a gamble. Also, my identity was stolen so I'm dealing with that.

None of that is supposed to be terribly concerning for you guys. I just wanted to let you know how difficult last week was so that when I bring you an exceptional Act 6, you'll be even more impressed.

Act 6 is going to be primarily focused on Byron. I've also been working with Faith, Merc, and Lance. Together, they make the acronym FML. Which, if you didn't know, also stands for 'Fuck My Life'. So that made my day. I really want to explore Faith more. I've got some ideas for her and I think you're really going to find her banter with Lance hilarious. And I'm also playing with the idea of further revealing some things about Octavia. This is really going to be a great Act. I assure you.

Traditionally, I'll tell you the name of the scenes I'm working on and let you know how far along I am with those scenes. I'm not going to do that on this progress report because I'd like Act 6 to be a surprise. I've gotten about two scenes complete so far and I'm working on a third.

I have more to say but I'm just going to stop here. Last week was hell and this week might not be any better. But come hell or high water, I'm going to work my ass off on this project and we're going to see progress if it kills me. I promise! And I'll leave you with a little teaser.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I still don't see how they are going to run a salon if they aren't licensed to cut hair.
I suppose they can hire a licensed staff.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I still don't see how they are going to run a salon if they aren't licensed to cut hair.
The business owner needs to apply for the licenses. They aren't complicated to get.

You don't need to be a fully qualified hairdresser.

It's basically just registering your business with local authorities (the council in the UK) and they give you the relevant paperwork.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Well first it might not be like in real life. Could be like other countries where you don't need registration. Or it may be not that hard to get.

But even more, have you seen the shit Penny can do? Pretty much to any impossible thing you can just say "Penny did it" and you can get away. Seriously doubt she cannot get a license for cutting hair after the things she have done.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
To own the business, but not to cut hair.
So if you hire people you are good. But then you have the extreme cost of SSI, workers comp, state and federal payroll taxes.
I would never own a business again that required employees.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
You guys are strangely curious about how the Salon Business is going to work. But we're literally not even going to get into it because it's going to take weeks for Dallas to even acquire it. And yes, there's certainly a lot of hurdles to overcome in terms of licensing and purchasing supplies, staffing. But essentially, the point I was trying to make is that Dallas can handle it.

Maybe we'll do a Dallas Spin-off about her business and new staff and all the issues she runs into. We'll call it "The Circle Salon".

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
You guys are strangely curious about how the Salon Business is going to work. But we're literally not even going to get into it because it's going to take weeks for Dallas to even acquire it. And yes, there's certainly a lot of hurdles to overcome in terms of licensing and purchasing supplies, staffing. But essentially, the point I was trying to make is that Dallas can handle it.

Maybe we'll do a Dallas Spin-off about her business and new staff and all the issues she runs into. We'll call it "The Circle Salon".

Circle, square, triangle or any form you want, you won't hear me complaining about getting more Dallas in any way.

• Red Heart

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It's a good sign that you have created characters that are well written when fans talk about real life issues in your VN.
Nobody ever discussed the real life issues of why Debbie did Dallas.
1592404772316.png

• Haha
Reactions: KoGa3 and Lockheart
4.20 star(s) 109 Votes