VN Ren'Py Abandoned Awakenero [POC] [vardanju]

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
just small suggestion from me (that isn't important)...

just.. dont use popular video games characters style.

This is a way to sink, because some people may like some and some may not and will ask for otehrs chars and you'll end up with a big mess that in final.. nobody will like.. or only a category of people will like.

best exemple... try to put a character that look like Tifa from Final fantasy and look at reactions... you'll see what i mean.

soo yeah, my suggestion.. just create your own chars with your own style. drop the cosplay easter egg popular chars looking. it won't go good.

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
Art style looks a lot like Summertime Saga...but what is with the dude's EYES? He looks like he's in the middle of a coke-fuelled manic episode!

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018
Here is the Italian translation
of Awakenero [v0.2c]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Awakenero [v0.2c]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Ghost2894

Nov 17, 2020
I'd have to play the game again to double check, but in the preview the body model for Olivia looks almost like it was ripped wholesale from SS. More specifically the "Aunt" character, the one that likes gardening. Same tan marks and everything, which were pretty specific to her working attire. I could be wrong, but on first glance that's what I see

My special needs brain required me to check, and to me it seems the same but edited slightly. There are some tells and it's not hard to figure out what was altered:
New face (obviously)
Sort of redrawn lefthand, but posing is the same for the whole arm and hand
removed the dip at the very center of the collar bone
tits are exact same size and shape
redrawn nipples
THE BIG ONE though, is that the "Y"shape created by the legs over lapping due to perspective, is exactly the same except for one or two rounded off corners in the original art

If you want to mimic the artstyle that's fine. I'll give you that the rest of the characters look as though you drew them yourself, but in my eyes this particular instance is a straight up trace. Dont piss on my head and tell me it's raining man.

Last edited:

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
Starts fullscreen, no pages for saves, menus gated by social media. It's an instant delete from me, dawg.

• Haha
Reactions: Fruble

viper217

Apr 18, 2020
I think that there is a lot of potential and it looks promising. We just need more content and hope that regular released updates can keep up with demand. I say go for it Dev.

Reactions: awakenerogame

awakenerogame

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
I'd have to play the game again to double check, but in the preview the body model for Olivia looks almost like it was ripped wholesale from SS. More specifically the "Aunt" character, the one that likes gardening. Same tan marks and everything, which were pretty specific to her working attire. I could be wrong, but on first glance that's what I see

My special needs brain required me to check, and to me it seems the same but edited slightly. There are some tells and it's not hard to figure out what was altered:
New face (obviously)
Sort of redrawn lefthand, but posing is the same for the whole arm and hand
removed the dip at the very center of the collar bone
tits are exact same size and shape
redrawn nipples
THE BIG ONE though, is that the "Y"shape created by the legs over lapping due to perspective, is exactly the same except for one or two rounded off corners in the original art

If you want to mimic the artstyle that's fine. I'll give you that the rest of the characters look as though you drew them yourself, but in my eyes this particular instance is a straight up trace. Dont piss on my head and tell me it's raining man.
That right there IS some fine detective work, mate, but as I established it myself with an inaugural release of 0.1 - clearly, I AM redoing some of DarkCookie's character design from the grounds up to learn how to draw in that particular style, and to achieve a full HD resolution. So far I've enjoyed every single minute of developing this passion project of mine, I'm fairly happy with the progress of my skills, and I'm humbled by the attention and even a few followers it got since the release. I DO intend to steer away from relying so much on DarkCookie's character design, in some ways I already have, although I can't see it happening soon due to limited time I can afford to spend developing the game. As things stand at the moment, I will continue the same way I started.

Last edited:

admirer06

Jul 10, 2019
I can't make the protagonist come. It's a very strange mechanics. Clicking doesn't do anything but switches the sperm to the active or inactive state. I closed his eyes and opened his mouth but the process of jerking off seems endless.