VN Ren'Py Abandoned Awakenero [POC] [vardanju]

awakenerogame

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
I can't make the protagonist come. It's a very strange mechanics. Clicking doesn't do anything but switches the sperm to the active or inactive state. I closed his eyes and opened his mouth but the process of jerking off seems endless.
Try adjusting the speed of Olivia's hand movement. Nice job on discovering her!

A7AMAN

Feb 17, 2021
i don't mind if its a copy of summertime if it will have consistent updates unlike sts which has a 3-4 scenes update every 5-6 months

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
this is an unofficial android port Awakenero [v0.2c] APK -

awakenerogame

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
A proof-of-concept build of the game is ready. 17 or so minutes of gameplay to set your mind whether Awakenero has any potential. Your feedback is now crucial.

screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png

wrogan

Mar 25, 2020
It's an interesting poc with a few flaws.

- the characters feel a bit stiff, maybe that's because there is a lack of facial expression (tho they do blink a lot)
- some backgrounds do not go well with the artstyle of the characters (the kitchen looks straight out of a flashgame from newgrounds)
- i don't know if this is because of the poc but there are only 6 save slots, that is a bit sparse

the intro is good, i like the comic style scene changes (the white background is a bit too bright maybe a different color would be good?), great inventory system, the POV of different characters is an intriguing premise.

all in all short but promising poc / game

keep up the good work

Reactions: awakenerogame

gunderson

Aug 17, 2016
Whelp, I'm of two minds about this game. I don't think there's any good reason to pull punches, so I won't, but I think there's at least a little not-bad stuff here too.

Cons: I don't like the game. This isn't a forever thing--there are definitely things that could be improved about it, but for right now I came out of it not having a good time.
A lot of why that is is because it's clunky, slow, hard to skip through, and the level of outright theft from Summertime Saga's art just makes me feel really uncomfortable. I get that you're just starting out, but that's shitty. If you needed to spend more time developing your game and have some little 'WIP' screens for sex scenes you're animating, I can forgive that. But for some reason you seem to have decided that you need to push this game out the door as soon as possible, and it primarily needs more time in the oven and more of its own flavor.
Also, and this may be a personal thing, I found myself having a hard time caring about any of the characters. Nobody had any meaningful relationships with anybody else, so it didn't really matter if somebody banged somebody else or not. Personally, I'd just make it an incest game, but really any relationship that motivates the sex to be interesting would be a start. The closest I got to being interested was the girl in Rasheed's apartment building in the nightie, but you didn't even have the decency to say she was married and whacking off some other dude or something.

Pros: At least it was (somewhat) original. Not that I haven't seen magic sex powers before, but I haven't seen it combined with witness protection before. I don't think it's a particularly interesting premise for a game, but at least it's different.
I actually did like that the game had puzzles, and that it tried not to hand-hold too much. It's more than most Ren'Py games try to do, and even though I wasn't a big fan of the hacking minigame, there was something to be said for needing to eventually figure out what was going on to make progress.
Similarly, the apartment sex scene was okay. The sex mechanic wasn't amazing, but it was different and...well, fine. Not great, but fine. Of the assets ripped off from SS, that was at least reasonably well used.

Overall, and I hate to say it, but this is a bad game. It's not as much a bad game from a design sense (though its design is pretty boring) as it is a bad game for the fact that you're trying to take money for stealing art from Summertime Saga. I know you've taken the time and effort to make some not-amazing gameplay in ren'py, and that's something, but your selling point is just a bad copy of the thing that makes Summertime Saga a worthwhile game to play that you've stolen pieces of rather than making your own version of it. That's bad, and people shouldn't support this.

YiffMePls

Jul 5, 2020
and the level of outright theft from Summertime Saga's art just makes me feel really uncomfortable.
Bruh. Do u know how artists work? 1 artist can make art for 2 different developers... hard concept to wrap your head around I know.

awakenerogame

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
Whelp, I'm of two minds about this game. I don't think there's any good reason to pull punches, so I won't, but I think there's at least a little not-bad stuff here too.

Cons: I don't like the game. This isn't a forever thing--there are definitely things that could be improved about it, but for right now I came out of it not having a good time.
A lot of why that is is because it's clunky, slow, hard to skip through, and the level of outright theft from Summertime Saga's art just makes me feel really uncomfortable. I get that you're just starting out, but that's shitty. If you needed to spend more time developing your game and have some little 'WIP' screens for sex scenes you're animating, I can forgive that. But for some reason you seem to have decided that you need to push this game out the door as soon as possible, and it primarily needs more time in the oven and more of its own flavor.
Also, and this may be a personal thing, I found myself having a hard time caring about any of the characters. Nobody had any meaningful relationships with anybody else, so it didn't really matter if somebody banged somebody else or not. Personally, I'd just make it an incest game, but really any relationship that motivates the sex to be interesting would be a start. The closest I got to being interested was the girl in Rasheed's apartment building in the nightie, but you didn't even have the decency to say she was married and whacking off some other dude or something.

Pros: At least it was (somewhat) original. Not that I haven't seen magic sex powers before, but I haven't seen it combined with witness protection before. I don't think it's a particularly interesting premise for a game, but at least it's different.
I actually did like that the game had puzzles, and that it tried not to hand-hold too much. It's more than most Ren'Py games try to do, and even though I wasn't a big fan of the hacking minigame, there was something to be said for needing to eventually figure out what was going on to make progress.
Similarly, the apartment sex scene was okay. The sex mechanic wasn't amazing, but it was different and...well, fine. Not great, but fine. Of the assets ripped off from SS, that was at least reasonably well used.

Overall, and I hate to say it, but this is a bad game. It's not as much a bad game from a design sense (though its design is pretty boring) as it is a bad game for the fact that you're trying to take money for stealing art from Summertime Saga. I know you've taken the time and effort to make some not-amazing gameplay in ren'py, and that's something, but your selling point is just a bad copy of the thing that makes Summertime Saga a worthwhile game to play that you've stolen pieces of rather than making your own version of it. That's bad, and people shouldn't support this.
This critique is worth more than hundreds of social media likes, and I thank you for putting the time to write it.
I have no prior experience in game development, nor drawing or writing, which as you rightfully pointed out shows. No surprises here. But I'm still proud of this little game of mine, and I had a blast creating it! The real work starts now though, as I will try to perfect what I already have, including steering slightly away in art direction, making it more my own.

Reactions: belvoir and r4iden