Ren'Py Abandoned Awesome Vacation [v0.5.5] [Asario Tooro]

1.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Led

Jul 16, 2017
I've only read a few posts and they were all about bad english! Considering the thick skin we all have grown due to this, the level of complains makes me believe that it has to be really really bad! Though i must say, nothing can beat a russian fuck cancer english... I'm gonna try it cuz i'm a sucker for punishment! I'm gonna regret this...

EDIT:
I think @Zippity 's review is rather gracious to be honest. You need to make choices and you have no idea what you are about to say due to the horrible russian->english google translate. Lots of functions are not working yet but for example you can earn money through blackjack minigame that is implemented as much that you can start it.. but not finished so you end up thrown back into the lobby. Not a single sign of "under construction" anywhere, you just sandboxing around for nothing.

And just so you know... you can choose between 3 abilites at the beginning and the "long tongue" is depicted by a guy tonguing his own nose. Speaks volumes.

The only real positive aspect really is probably the least important. Backgrounds are accurately chosen which is suprisingly rare with games. Here, they really give back the feeling of where you are. And the UI is very nice.
Agreed. The gameplay is okay, the renders are good, but OMG, the English translations are horrifying! There's no telling which choices you should make, since the offered choices are pretty much Chinese and so are the conversations after you made a choice.

Led

Jul 16, 2017
I tried this game, and I agree that the broken English in this game is massively bad... Add to that, the whole thing seems rushed, messy, confusing, and hard to really get a grip on what you are really supposed to be doing or how the story is supposed to be progressing... So many elements and what I think are sub-plots get thrown at you, it just makes your head spin and eyes roll back into your head... This doesn't even feel like a visual novel, as more like a grind game with story elements... I understand it might be early into development, but I really think it has a lot of issues to work out, and not just with the text... I went ahead and posted my review...
Couldn't agree more. I tried the game also, but prematurely cut it off. I certainly appreciate all the effort, but I'm not wasting my time on a game that's incomprehensible and confusing.

PandaLulz

Assets Grabber
Uploader
Aug 18, 2017
I pity the fool that makes a walkthrough for this, but I feel like its the only way of knowing what the actual fuck is being said in this game.

Shame, it looks like it has potential but oh wow did a monkey write this?

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Ok, you bitch, now I'm punching your hair!! Punch punch has your hair given up yet?

When you click the map in his room a ghost board appears on the wall.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oh look another Eric does no one know how to pick names or do they just like to reuse the same shit over and over again? Same with the name George I think I have that one a lot as well.

Game is pretty easy to tell what to do. But the first thing you'll want to do is use saveeditonline and add 100000000 to rollback at it's currently at 0 so that you can rollback and watch facial features. Mia is really easy to tell if you picked wrong from what I have seen so far.

This author is obviously obsessed with star wars you have some jedi weirdo you have Leela and who knows who else there is. At least Leela is sexy looking.

I think so far Christie and Leela are the nicest looking ones.

Maid: What are you doing with the shell, Jesus!

Me: I'm turning it into wine what does it look like i'm doing?

If anyone unren's the game protect your fucking eyes if you go searching through the image folder. Be back later need to scrub my fucking eyes with some really strong cleaner. You've been warned!! My eyes my poor fucking eyes!!

Reactions: RobJoy

DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018
I think this game actually made my own use of the English language worse.
Seriously, I didin't know that google translator could be capable of such atrocities.
The game is unplayable because of that.
But, unlike you, I feel like I was born in (put here any country name with english as a native language).

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Google translator is far far from perfect even their spell check is not always that great. I have seen where one word has one letter wrong and it'll give me everything but the actual right word.

DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018
Google translator is far far from perfect even their spell check is not always that great. I have seen where one word has one letter wrong and it'll give me everything but the actual right word.
You're right, but I can assure you that if I put a sentence in my language and I don't change anything, sure, the translation is not perfect, but is pure gold compared to what you can find in some games.

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
I'm always up for a bit of cloud spotting, but the game title makes me think 'probably not all that awesome'. Same as countries with 'Democratic' in their name are pretty much the opposite...

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
as info

bug 0.1pfix game/gg_train.rpy" , line 38, in <module> NameError: name 'true' is not defined, ... renpy\ast.py" , line 848 exexute ... renpy\python.py", line 1812 ... I get this error when I say I would work for the hotel manager.

It will be fixed in the next update.

cl0ckw3rk

Jan 3, 2018
Dialogue about a sex scene with the maid, but no images for it implemented yet. Think I had another one come up with the busty blonde, but again, no image.

Pretty unfortunate that I can't even see any sex considering what I have to slog through.

Edit: Just got to the end of the current version with no shown sex scenes.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
It seems to be more competent at JP->ENG than RUS->ENG for some reason, but it's still Engrish.

Well, irony is that those countries today have more in common with democracy than some other countries which are represented as "leaders of free world". Sooo, maybe this in-game vacation will be trully awesome after all.
Sorry to be pedantic, but...
*truly.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@

I wouldn't know I threw google shitlation into the trash a long long time ago and replaced it with something better that translates the pages to English on page load.

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
0.2p May 3

WIN/Linux

MAC

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Who the F**** dares to release this game in such atrocious condition? :eek:

I mean, I would not release it in fear of ridicule.

Reactions: JanisL
1.80 star(s) 5 Votes