RPGM Aylia's Story [v0.11] [YummyTiger]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Anyone know what happened to the august update that was talked about on patreon ?
To be clear, this was one case when I did not give a release date. I said I was hoping August would be the month, but to follow Trello. Trello is about 90% done, which means the update is about 90% done.

jman253

Dec 3, 2017
"Update is 90 % done", sep 6 2018.

We're more than a month later.

I just don't understand you. Whatever.
he is adding more content if you are worried that he has not been doing anything go here

Chaussettes

Apr 1, 2018
I'm not worried about anything, I just think it could be a great game but if there's an update every year it's not really going to work. It's not the first time he's not doing what he said either. I have high hopes both for him and the game but this isn't just slow. Akabur is slow, Oni is slow. YT is something else. There are people accepting to support his work (Yeah, I know he's not charging yet, but they still are there) and he's done nothing to deserve it in my opinion.

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
"He's done nothing to deserve it in my opinion."

That's why I have not collected any money aside from the single translation charge. That full translation was delivered as promised. Basically, my Patreon right now is a method for people to follow the project, like watching a forum thread.

As I posted on Trello, I'm in the process of preparing for a release. I couldn't get it ready by the end of September, so I'm hoping to hit the 10 scene barrier and run a charged update. If not, I'll release 0.15 as planned, but Patreon bills at the start of the month, so if I miss the month, I might as well get as much as I can into the release until the end of the next.

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
What I'm going to tell you is without any animosity, YT, but why did you always justify yourself like this every time someone starts talking like this?

For me, the real problem here and the only fear I have regarding Aylia's Story is that the longer we wait, the more violent the swipe might be when we're gonna play the next release.

Why? -> (imho) The longer the wait, what we're gonna receive may not be up to what we expect to receive.

When I do something I also tend to want it to be absolutely perfect. So it considerably lengthens the time to produce something.
The problem with this is that we will tend to be hurt (eventually very badly) by taking negative remarks when the work is provided.

I'm not in your head, but I hope that if too much negative feedback is received, it will not discourage you to continue!

Since the project is started, so since 4 years apparently, you seems to be fine with that anyway... :test3::test3::test3: (a little bit of pepper too, maybe? :tf:)

;-)

Reactions: MrZang

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
I didn't justify anything, I agreed with him. Aside from the translation, nothing I've done has been worth monetary support. So, what are you talking about. Also, I can tell you unequivocally that the release will already not be worth 3 years of work. So if that's your mindset, you're going to be disappointed.

Reactions: MrZang

torkenstiem

May 1, 2017
Also, I can tell you unequivocally that the release will already not be worth 3 years of work. So if that's your mindset, you're going to be disappointed.
Then what was the point of trying to make everything perfect? Not sure about anyone else, but I like seeing a new dev gradually progress from a mediocre or amateurish work style as they release updates to what you have done now. The art you started with from the beginning looked decent enough to release updates as you progressed in your quest for "perfection", is the point I'm trying to make.

Reactions: rKnight

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Those progression releases have been there though. The artwork has changed dramatically since the start, the entire game was rewritten for the August 2017 release. The game itself just has not progressed forward, it's progressed sideways, if that makes sense.

I have put in a lot of time into the game, I've just not used that time very effectively, and it's been in spurts instead of a consistent job. A big part of that is due to my convenient excuse that I don't charge, so I would only work when I was motivated. Unfortunately, for a game like this, only working when motivated is not a viable option for a release in our lives. That's what I've been working to improve on since last May, Trello has been slowly moving forward, and I've consistently worked on the game every chance I get. I'm trying to learn from my many, many, many mistakes.

Reactions: BobKels0

jman253

Dec 3, 2017
OK I think I am at the point where I am tired of hearing people bitching about this game and creator. I think it is safe to say that if your don't like the progress made or service provided you can just end you subscription and have a nice day, but let me remind you guys that he has not charged you guys a dime since his last release of that translated game a while back i believe. so you can keep complaining about how he has not put out anything in months/years but he is doing the best he can with the limited time he has. if he was the type of guy that would take money without providing results i would bash on the guy as well, but in this case his not.

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
By your argument, nobody should ever comment in a forum thread for a game if the game gets delayed, because watching and offering support to that creator is a problem. There is no money exchanging hands here, people are just showing interest and offering feedback through Patreon. How is that a scam again? As for the translation, no, it didn't even make close to $10k, and it was delivered as promised. Not sure why that is a scam either. I even offered refunds throughout. If you felt this way, you merely had/have to message me for a refund and you can get it.

Second, what does RPG Maker games have to do with it? Ara Fell on Steam took over 5 years. CrossCode on Steam took over 10 (I might have those two reversed actually). All of ScaleGarden's games take 3-5 years. Just because people spit out low effort, cookie cutter games with RPG Maker does not mean all games built on the engine should be done in 6 months. I've never developed a game in my life, so I had to learn how to use the engine, how to modify the engine, how to draw, how to write a game versus a fictional story, how to plan and build a battle system, etc. My experience coming into this was solely writing fiction. There is a ridiculous learning curve here, and it's why 95% of these game attempts fail.

I don't say this to imply I have not made mistakes, I've made plenty of them. I've also paid for that stupidity by sacrificing a lot of money. That's exactly how I designed it, so that if I was a lazy bitch, I wouldn't get paid. I despised the idea of monthly payments without delivering content and felt is completely unfair to the consumer. I just underestimated just how lazy I was, I figured money would motivate me more than it has.

I do find it somewhat comical since you have 2 total messages that you chose THIS Patreon to make your stand against practices supposedly harming Patreon (Patreon is growing steadily, so it can't be hurting that much). I'm pretty sure the biggest names like Breeding Season canceling after taking money every month, Divine Arms, Monster Girl Island, Malise and the Machine, and so many others who are charging money monthly with limited progress at best would be a better argument than to choose one of the few Patreons that simply allows fans to follow along and comment without paying anything. I've made my share of mistakes, but scamming people is not one of them. I have not quit, and people won't pay me anything more until I deliver more content.

ViceGunman

May 2, 2017
Why do you care about the comments of random people? Just ignore them. Do something more fruitful with your time.
Agreed. I'd rather focus on the game and get a release out. It's the internet, if you try to please everyone, you're bound to lose all motivation to do anything.

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
I'm enabling scammers to use a pay-per-release model. Good. I hope they do!

You're focused on the development tools and ignoring everything else. I'm focused on writing, artwork, music, battle system planning, and everything else that has little to do with the development tools. Also, Crosscode and AraFell are two quality RPG Maker games that directly show how challenging making a good RPG Maker game can be. Not really sure how that is irrelevant.

How does my Patreon operate on faith? That doesn't even make sense. Literally. You ONLY PAY IF YOU GET CONTENT. That is just about the only non-faith model I've seen on Patreon. Either you are simply trolling (most likely) or you are not being very clear in your argument. My offer still stands, if you pledged to Hunter's Quest, I'll send you a refund. You know, cause that's what scammers do!

Reactions: Lance Boyle

slothie

May 25, 2017
Guys...don't get drawn into detailed point and counterpoint discussions...both supportive or not to YT. It is what it is and no point in hiding simple facts .

YT has become pretty good at elaborate explanations and excuses and plans to quit and reflect and comeback and whatever over these yrs...BUT there's no real visible progress in more than 2 yrs...BUT ALSO YT doesn't own anybody nothing and he isn't milking anybody. If he wants to go on deluding himself and the religiously loyal fanboys then fantastic.

No point in arguing, we know how it goes here. Me, i check every other month to see the state of the soap opera...and guess what, no surprises ever.

So cool, relax, and check back in a couple of months for the next episode :)

PS: Oh yeah, YT: that think about number of posts from one account...that's beneath you man

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
PS: Oh yeah, YT: that think about number of posts from one account...that's beneath you man
Huh? I know he created an account to troll. The entire point was his choice of Patreons to take a stand against. There are patreons literally milking thousands of dollars every month and he chooses the one not taking any money to make his moral stand against. That was my point. Maybe, it's just that he knows I'll respond, since I'm passionate about my game.

Reactions: Lance Boyle

SadHold

May 25, 2017
I'm sad that this isnt released... yet at the same time I'm happy that at least this creator is much much much more ethicaly correct than Gumpdrops "Dual Family" game.

Honestly, I just want to see a release that adds more content to this game... I dont care if it comes out with bugs, I just want more story and more CG, it's like if you'd release the Lord of the Rings movie 1 and 2 in 2014 and then hold on to the last movie until 2018+....

Reactions: BobKels0

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Bug 0.11

Small Gemstone
right side from start

The Gemstone vanish when you search all.

When you search Gemstone go out get the Chisel go back get it take the other. works fine.

Lida is double. One time she is on the sales counter.

Quest Warm Greeting
You can end it when you talk with the priest and haven´t talked to Drake before.

Get Lidas salve you see the picture from the dress you became before.

You can talk to Joseph without Kira and get the message that Kira are with you for flower collecting.

You can walk over the sea.

When you have the pictures from the girls on the screen you see not much from the map.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes