RPGM Aylia's Story [v0.11] [YummyTiger]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
So, when I release something in January, can I have your word I never hear from you again? That would be more incentive than the Patreon money.
you obviously enjoy reading my comments, since you instareply on each one of them xD.
On top of that, I was never wrong in predicting a delay / failure from you, I also gave you the advice once to first release something before announcing it ^^

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
On top of that, I was never wrong in predicting a delay / failure from you, I also gave you the advice once to first release something before announcing it ^^
You were wrong about the release last December. You were wrong about the translation and saying it was unfinished with major bugs. You were wrong about new artwork. I'm sure there are more.

Also, according to someone familiar with the the industry and game development, you are also wrong about releasing something before announcing it. Assuming I actually do release something.

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
*Checks state of game, sees that a release is still not out even after 90% was done from what YT said a few months ago. Sees that he promised a release for near/after Thanksgiving for a release in another forum.* Guess I'll wait a few more months.
A 5-6 scene update was 90% a few months ago, but patrons pretty much unanimously wanted a bigger update. So, there's that.

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
its seems @Kerlon doesnt believe using scene from toby mquire from spiderman movie.
whill see though he says a date this time and only does that when he means it
i mean YummyTiger.

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Stop feeding the trolls ffs. When you release the update everyone will be happy.
How do you look at this thread and see THAT as the trolling? Just someone asking for a save and I was answering that it probably wasn't worth the effort at this point. I don't see any trolling in that.

ligertiger

Jun 8, 2018
Guessing the update is on track with it's mid to late January release, quick question will we have the ability to skip the prologue or are saves transferable from 0.11?

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Guessing the update is on track with it's mid to late January release, quick question will we have the ability to skip the prologue or are saves transferable from 0.11?
It's not even using VX Ace anymore, so saves definitely won't work. Message skip is working, and there is no combat currently, so my guess is you can probably get through the prologue in less than 10 minutes.

Sedid

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 27, 2018
Hi.

I have the bug where we can't go out of zalran's village. I have the quest to pick flowers and have talked to all the villagers but when I want to go out, Bogworts says that his house isn't this way. When I go to his house, he says that we need to talk to other people before nightfall.
I can't go back either (it says, we have seen enough of the village for today).
I saw that other people had the same problem before, but I didn't find any solution.
To bad because the game was great so far, the dialog are funny.

/!\ Edit :

Ok, I've started again the game. It worked this time if we don't take Kira with us. If I took her, there's a infinite loop in Bogwort's house (infinite dialog box that we cannot close).
I think I also deciphered the origin of the bug that lock us in Zalran's village : it happens when we take Kira with us and that her picture disappear from the screen (or when we save, close the game, then load the save ?).
When we have the quest with the flowers, if we return in the village without finishing the quest, we are trapped again inside Zalran.
Anyway, The game has a great potential (story and art is really good), but alas there's too much bug (I have started again like 5 times because of the bugs).

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Hi.

I have the bug where we can't go out of zalran's village. I have the quest to pick flowers and have talked to all the villagers but when I want to go out, Bogworts says that his house isn't this way. When I go to his house, he says that we need to talk to other people before nightfall.
I can't go back either (it says, we have seen enough of the village for today).
I saw that other people had the same problem before, but I didn't find any solution.
To bad because the game was great so far, the dialog are funny.
Thank you for the report. I hope you give the game another go after the upcoming release. I also have no plans to ever put out another release in the state that 0.11 was in. The original intent was for that to be a minor alpha release to show some progress, it didn't go through any testing. Then weeks turned to months, months to years, and well...

Thank you for the positive comments despite the state that release was in. I really do appreciate it.

Harrdarr

May 7, 2017
Hey Yummy,
since everythinh on Trello seems done I can't wait to play the game later this month.

You can do it.

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
I've noticed two types of devs while working in the h-game community. The outgoing, friendly ones who trade ideas and build off each other, and the angry, whiny devs who try to prop themselves up by bashing other games. I'll let you figure out where you fit.

Anyways, good luck on your game. Maybe one day it'll be good enough to stand on its own without needed to bash other games in the process.

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
Personally, I'd take the person pretending to make a game and posting artwork than the worthless hack who contributes nothing but negativity and tries his best to dissuade amateur developers from succeeding.
go back to ulmf where you can see my comments from 3-4 years ago, where I literally gave advices on how you should move forward, the first thing I told you is to make the game in RPG Maker MV, which you eventually did after 3 years. If anything, you are the culprit for your failures, it's not just some random guy that makes fun of your missed promises.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Disagreements are fine, attacks are not. That's rule #1.

Feel free to challenge facts, but personal attacks like name calling and insults are the fastest way to win a thread-ban.

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
go back to ulmf where you can see my comments from 3-4 years ago, where I literally gave advices on how you should move forward, the first thing I told you is to make the game in RPG Maker MV, which you eventually did after 3 years. If anything, you are the culprit for your failures, it's not just some random guy that makes fun of your missed promises.
Switching to MV in 2015 would have been a terrible idea. It was only mid 2018 when Yanfly finish converting his script library to MV which made the switch feasible. Even now, with the lag issues, I'm debating whether MV was a good move.

I fully admit that my laziness and procrastination are the reason the game never took off. Yet, I also don't troll indie dev h-game threads trying my best to be negative and bash them. That's the difference. You seem to revel in negativity.

There is an upcoming release. Take that for what you will, but I've said my piece.

Reactions: paradj07
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes