RPGM Aylia's Story [v0.11] [YummyTiger]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
I'm not even a dev though. Nice try. And do you even build off your own community? Let alone off of other devs?
Yes, I've exchanged ideas, brainstormed and talked with a number of devs. I've collaborated with 2 other devs. I've offered advice and had advice given to me on artwork, scripting, RPGM issues. There is a strong community there, and for many, it's very positive.

You know what I've literally never done? Post in another dev's forum thread mocking them. Reply to questions in another dev's thread with gifs bashing them. If someone asks me about a game in my Discord or somewhere else, I'll give my honest take on it. If I were not the developer of Aylia's Story and someone asked me about it, I'd tell them to assume it is dead as the game has not really progressed in years.

Therein lies the difference, and the more I think about it, the more I realize I don't really have any desire to interact with someone who does the latter. So, on that note. Your comment is noted. The update is coming, Aylia's Story will get back on track, and really, I don't care if you believe me.

jman253

Dec 3, 2017
so what if its not this month he is still updating and it is in the testing phase now so expect delays

444blade5

Dec 24, 2017
I've been silently following Yummy for years, and I'm super excited for the update. Keep up the good work yummy. Some people still love your game and can't wait for more!

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
@Warlan

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And another post today to explain the games mode.
Guys who don't like RPGMV combat will be pleased, I think. (Personnaly, I don't care, but I prefer the good old RPG with combat like Secret of Mana).

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
I'm guessing that the aim for a two week release is a bust?
When I get two normal weeks to work, it'll be ready. Would still love to see a February release as I have about 30-40 hours of work left to get this release out the door. I've just had some serious (and unexpected) health issues fucking things up the past 4 weeks.

ViceGunman

May 2, 2017
*Looks at the thread, sees his last post being 2 months ago.*

So, nothing has really changed. Guess I'll come back in a few more months.

Reactions: Karrateir

BigHairy

Jun 1, 2017
Imo this thread should be closed by the mods, as the game is clearly vaporware and only lives in YT's imaginary world.
since the thread says 'on hold' maybe we could just stop posting in it until there is actual news. Your opinion doesnt make much sense because half the threads on this site are for games that dont do much. you close them all?

Angmir

May 29, 2017
since the thread says 'on hold' maybe we could just stop posting in it until there is actual news. Your opinion doesnt make much sense because half the threads on this site are for games that dont do much. you close them all?
But the Dev keeps telling that the game is a week or 2 away from finish every month for the past ... 5 years ?

I might be a bit wrong, but this game was on ULMF forum for far longer than here - always just a few moments from beeing released.

If he comes with such as statements himself - ofc people are going to comment on it.

EDIT

Found it

December 2014 when Prologue was published !
Chapter 1 was comming in just a few weeks back then. I even remember him saying the game is 99% compleate back then.

BigHairy

Jun 1, 2017
not sure how you are responding to me. Nothing u said changes that it would be better to be silent and just let real news bump the thread. nothing changes my response to the dumb idea of closing the thread that is labled 'on hold'. really, why care so much? If people didnt constantly complain and let real news bump the thread. You could just ignore it and if you get a notice then you know something good happened. why is that bad?

Easy08

Oct 20, 2017
When I get two normal weeks to work, it'll be ready. Would still love to see a February release as I have about 30-40 hours of work left to get this release out the door. I've just had some serious (and unexpected) health issues fucking things up the past 4 weeks.
My god man just stop. You promise a release, then release nothing, then post an excuse after the fact explaining how some serious unforeseen circumstances made it impossible for you to complete. Shit happens sometimes. It doesn't happen every time you have a deadline coming up. You've been doing this exact same song and dance for years.

The thing that annoys me is that you seem committed to dragging your audience along with you. If you want to abandon the project, fine. If you want to work on it in your spare time and release in 2-3 years, fine. But be honest with everyone following you. You keep promising your patrons something that you just seem incapable of doing. I know. I was one of your patrons a few years ago, and this is the exact same stuff you said back then. And somehow the game has scarcely more content now than it did back then. Just look at the changelog. You've done everything except adding actual, playable, content. There are tons of H games that release more content on a monthly basis than you have in Aylia's Story, after how many years of development?

TLDR: Stop making promises. Make your project, or get off Patreon. And for the love of god stop posting about it until you've committed to one or the other. I shudder to think of how much of other people's time you've wasted by stringing them along and releasing the same demo over and over again.

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
TLDR: Stop making promises. Make your project, or get off Patreon. And for the love of god stop posting about it until you've committed to one or the other. I shudder to think of how much of other people's time you've wasted by stringing them along and releasing the same demo over and over again.
No. And here's the kicker, if you don't like it, don't visit my Patreon or read threads about Aylia's Story. People like to complain, but take some responsibility yourself. Don't blame me because people "wasted their time." They CHOSE to play a 0.11 release, which by definition is an early release with little content. It's not like there is a lack of information warning people in this and every thread. Also, the January 2019 release date was the first I've given in almost a year.

I've no plans on stopping. There is nothing more appealing to me at this point than finishing Aylia's Story for the people who have stuck by me. Thank you for your past patronage. Good luck in finding other games that better suit your tastes.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes