RPGM Aylia's Story [v0.11] [YummyTiger]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

r34X

Jan 2, 2019
It wasn't worked on for years, it was on hiatus. I picked it back up and rebuilt the game in MV. The artwork is a substantial improvement in almost twice the resolution and a number of CGs were completely redrawn. Most of what you see is a complete rebuild. Got to start somewhere if I was going to dust this thing off and make a real game out of it--and continuing in VX Ace at 640x480 just seemed wrong.

As someone said earlier, I expect this to be met with a healthy skepticism. The game is in a better state than it has ever been and it further along system wise than the VX Ace version. That said, it took awhile to get things back up and running. Progress is also moving faster than at any point (which isn't saying much). I've made plenty of mistakes in the past to learn from, so hopefully, this go around, the game will move forward and make see the story progress.

Thanks for playing, and glad to see so many people from way back. :)
Look forward to seeing this one progress, the artwork is appealing. Given time, what tags do you think we can expect to see in the game down the road? Any specific kinks in mind?

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Look forward to seeing this one progress, the artwork is appealing. Given time, what tags do you think we can expect to see in the game down the road? Any specific kinks in mind?
Primarily, it will be a slow burn corruption game with a good amount of ENF/Exhibitionism where Aylia and the rivals end up in unexpectedly erotic situations. All the vanilla fetishes will be hit M/F, M+/F, F+/M, oral, anal, lesbian. Beyond that, I have plans for light bondage, a few foot scenes, and limited pregnancy. But, my main draw is to put Aylia into situations where things spiral into erotic situations and she reluctantly goes with it. The only thing off the table currently are bathroom fetishes.

zekaroo

Oct 7, 2017
Wow, this sure brings back memories. I remember finding this game from ULMF and playing it when I was a fresh high schooler and really liking the idea while I am here again as a senior in university. It seems like it's been a really long time but it all feels like it went by in an insant. Hope to see the full release one day. Thank you for not abandoning the game even with all the criticism and keep up the good work YummyTiger sir!

r34X

Jan 2, 2019
Primarily, it will be a slow burn corruption game with a good amount of ENF/Exhibitionism where Aylia and the rivals end up in unexpectedly erotic situations. All the vanilla fetishes will be hit M/F, M+/F, F+/M, oral, anal, lesbian. Beyond that, I have plans for light bondage, a few foot scenes, and limited pregnancy. But, my main draw is to put Aylia into situations where things spiral into erotic situations and she reluctantly goes with it. The only thing off the table currently are bathroom fetishes.
Perfect, love all of those. Only thing I'd suggest from my wishlist would be a collar and varying degrees of enslavement, possibly with a contract element. Anyway, looks great and look forward to more!

PeanutGallery

Nov 24, 2017
Now I'm sad that I don't have the old early releases around to compare it against. That was two laptops ago, sadly, and the flash drive it was on failed its saving throw against salt air.

srbot2016

Aug 5, 2016
Is there any chance that you will replace default RPG Maker character status screen with something tailored for H-Game? I'm talking about some text descriptions of past character experiences or current thoughts about naughty activities. A lot of high quality games implements that and personally I think that it really bumps the game quality. Good examples are: Ideology in Friction, Violated Heroine

I know that adding detailed tracking for everything would be really time consuming from your perspective but even adding descriptions based on two values that are already present in the game (Morality and Sexuality) would really add flavor to the game.

Reactions: Tamamo

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Malkovichi - Yes, the art is original.

srbot2016 - Yes, the only two sections of the menu screen that are not finalized are the equip menu and status screens. I have an equip menu that I'm already settled on, but I have not fully determined how the status screen will be setup. Those will be updated in coming releases, but there are already variables setup behind the scenes to track and number of h-related things.

Last edited:

Azope

Jul 26, 2017
Malkovichi - Yes, the art is original.

srbot2016 - Yes, the only two sections of the menu screen that are not finalized are the equip menu and status screens. I have an equip menu that I'm already settled on, but I have not fully determined how the status screen will be setup. Those will be updated in coming releases, but there are already variables setup behind the scenes to track and number of h-related things.
does this version show every art you have done or you have some of the future update?

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
does this version show every art you have done or you have some of the future update?
No, there are still quite a few pieces of art that I teased on Patreon over the years that have not made it into the game yet. This should help with the next few releases coming a bit faster as some of the artwork just needs to be upscaled and fixed.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
I posted something in 2nd page 2017, but before that I was in ULMF following the game. my username 1baka and I think I posted something there as well. most of the time positive. but theres a limit how much positive I can give. :D
the negativity is all gone for me, I buried it awhile ago, so now I can follow the new "attempt" with fresh eyes.

I played a bit yesterday and I most say theres a lot. triggers everywhere and tons of text. so theres a lot worked to the game.

Reactions: Dalurker

warmax42

Oct 29, 2017
YummyTiger - I'm glad you managed to make a release after all this time, even if its mostly game engine update for now.

Some small, hopefully constructive feedback: I understand you've put in effort into the combat and want to show it off, but the initial enemies seem to take way too much to kill. A rat - the very first enemy - took 3 hits, as did all the other ones I saw. That's when the attacks didn't miss either - with misses it's longer.

It's a very slow start of the game, and the prolonged combat doesn't contribute much. There's quite a few groups you can encounter, so the player will learn about things anyway. Also these are just standard (non sexual) enemies, so longer combat doubly serves little purpose. I suggest turning down their HP so they die in 1-2 hits at most.

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
baka - Thanks, yes, I remember you. I appreciate the encouragement over the years.

warmax42 - Appreciate the feedback. Aylia's attack goes up significantly in the early levels as she recovers her skill and strength. You should be able to kill both rats and bat in 1-2 hits after she hits level 2, which I believe she will hit in the mines after 3-4 battles. I may look into it a perhaps tweak things so Aylia levels sooner and those early battles go a bit quicker.

Aylia's story will never be the traditional battle grind though. Enemies will stay beaten for the most part during chapters and I have no plans for a random battle mechanic. One thing that I do want though is for battle H to happen more organically than it does in other games. For that to be the case, enemies will need to survive for more than a turn or two. So, the trade off will be that battles may last a bit longer than in the traditional games, yet you won't get plagued with battles over and over again. We'll see how it plays out. As I said, I might move her level 2 up just a tad to offset that very early game.

One last note, I did fix the issue with enemies charging aggressively across the map. So, you can actually skip fighting them now.

Reactions: warmax42 and baka

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
"5 years" "2017" - lol, let me remind you all, that the prologue was first(?) released in December 2014! So its almost 8 years!
If YT keeps this pace then some of may die of old age before this game is finished :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the reminder, it was super critical to the discussion! Literally, nobody here is arguing that the game has been released at a quick pace. I guess I can either just give up on the game because I didn't make much progress in the past years or I can attempt to pick up the game, modernize it, and move forward. I chose to do the latter.

If you want to harp on the past, go ahead, but I will also remind people that unlike most games, I NEVER took money for Aylia's Story. I've ran one pledge in July 2022 for money to commission plugins needed for the battle system, and a few months later we have a working battle system.

Ultimately, where we go from here is what matters.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes