RPGM Aylia's Story [v0.11] [YummyTiger]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
The awakening scene still uses old art and sprites I guess, I was really happy with the latter appearance since that looks so much better, albeit a bit blurry due to upscaling.

The battle system first confused me, but only becasue I didn't pay attention to the explaination the first time. One thing though; is Bogwort's health infinite?
Shouldn't be blurry, I'll go double check. Everything should be properly upscaled and fixed. I guess maybe the sprites themselves might be. Going forward, everything is drawn in this resolution so hopefully, none of that is an issue.

Yes, Bogwort basically has infinite health. I'm using a custom companion script which essentially allows him to participate in battle a little, but have no impact on if the battle is considered "lost." That said, the system will expand significantly in upcoming updates. There is no game-over planned, as if Aylia falls in battle, Bogwort will actually step in (shocker, I know). Now, HOW that happens, well...

To your other comment, when lewd things do occur during battle, Aylia will quickly learn that Bogwort is pretty much useless. I think it'll be fun!

Oh, and I'm extremely glad to hear you enjoyed exploring. A lot of work went into filling these maps up with loads of little events to flesh out these characters. I still laugh when I read some of Bogwort's shenanigans. I tried to add little bits all over, like Bogwort's face shows the butterfly wing in that little exchange :p. Thanks so much for the comment, it made my day.

lemaro - I'm primarily interested in putting Aylia and the other girls in ENF/reluctance type situations, not so much hardcore forced rape. I can't say those types of scenes will not occur, but if all goes according to plan, you should have a lot of control as to whether they occur. This is NOT a "game-over rape" game though, and it never will be.

Zorafin

Jan 31, 2019
So nice to finally get to play your work after waiting for so long. Here are my thoughts.

The game is gorgeous. It's obvious you're doing the work yourself, and you have high standards.
The combat doesn't seem all that different from many RPGs? The different outfits with different weaknesses is interesting and something worth building into for a unique twist on the genre, but I didn't see a way to take advantage of that during the first level.

There was a mistake...somewhere in the script? I think it was in the clearing between the mountain trail and the town, but I can't say for sure. There was a "/" after the sentence.
Then there's loss in combat. If Aylia goes down, I need to wait for Boggart to go down. And, it seems like he doesn't have health and can tank infinite hits? So I end up in an infinite loop after I lose in combat with no choice but to close the program to restart and get back to my last save.
And finally, the worst problem of all. Every time Aylia picks up a mushroom, she says she collects the "useful plant". Mushrooms are indeed not plants and are in a completely different kingdom of life. Aylia should know this.

My thoughts now are the same as when I played this long ago. This is exciting and promising. I'm hoping for more intense sexual encounters and more sex based gameplay. Running around in a potato sack is great, but it's just a tease. I'm hoping it leads to stuff like public gangbangs and seducing enemies into submission with sexual skills.

By the way, I don't recognize these songs. Where are you getting them from?

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Zorafin - Thanks for the feedback. I don't think the combat will be earthshattering, but I'm hoping a well balanced combat system with organic sex content will be fun. One area that will be somewhat different is that enemies will rarely respawn and there are not random encounters, so combat won't be a timesink. I'm planning on having 1-2 enemies per area (multiple maps) respawn after you've cleared the initial wave. That way, the combat stuff can still occur, but it's not a drag. My thought process is a few enemies would probably roam back in an area after a day, but it's unlikely a mass migration of them would occur every 24 hours.

I'm still setting up the loss portion of combat. Although, the custom plugin should have just ended it if Aylia goes down. I'll have to look into that. Ultimately, when Aylia goes down, Bogwort will rescue her. This should be properly in place in the next release. I'll also fix the mushroom dialogue. I truly didn't know they were not considered a plant!

It'll might be a tease for awhile yet, but it will lead to better stuff. As for the music, it's almost all original. I did use a few songs from royalty free packages, but most of it was commissioned. You can find more information in the credits.

Reactions: Feyd

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
BattleTeaser.PNG

Just a quick status update. Got the peasant dress battle portrait and exploited variation done and working. Finishing up battle cut-ins now for the first h-enemy (munchkins). Aiming for a patron-only beta release at the end of this month. If all goes well, there will be another public release at the end of December which should have 5-7 chapter 1 quests, 2-3 h-enemies with battle cut-ins, and other miscellaneous events. I'll try to update here when I post publicly on Patreon.

Thanks!

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Are there any news that are being planned or a general status update?
There was a quick update on things just two posts above yours. Working on finishing up a patron-only beta release (0.12) and then a polished public release end of December/early January (0.13). You can also read a bit more information on those releases on my Patreon page, the post is public. Both of these releases will consist of almost all Chapter 1 content. Thanks!

Reactions: lemaro and Feyd

aaaaaaaaa

Sep 6, 2016
is there anything new? you go from the mines to the town, around the town and the prologue ends at the campfire scene? theres no new content compared to the last update?

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
is there anything new? you go from the mines to the town, around the town and the prologue ends at the campfire scene? theres no new content compared to the last update?
It ends at the end of the prologue, the next release will move into chapter 1. In terms of advancing the story, this release ends in the same place as the last. In terms of content, this release contains a ton of new stuff that was required to make the transition to MV. Just compare the CGs from the VX Ace version to this one and you'll see.

That's also why the version number remained the same, to indicate that this was the MV version of the VX Ace content.

ThatGuy2599

May 12, 2017
To think this is still coming along. I remember when it had like a 2015 release date. It's the Black Mesa of Hentai games lol.

lemaro

May 11, 2021
View attachment 2176749

Just a quick status update. Got the peasant dress battle portrait and exploited variation done and working. Finishing up battle cut-ins now for the first h-enemy (munchkins). Aiming for a patron-only beta release at the end of this month. If all goes well, there will be another public release at the end of December which should have 5-7 chapter 1 quests, 2-3 h-enemies with battle cut-ins, and other miscellaneous events. I'll try to update here when I post publicly on Patreon.

Thanks!
Any chance the end of Dec update will happen? Just curious

Zorafin

Jan 31, 2019
I just made a pokemon hack. A few minor changes to the code, a few asset additions, nothing major. But I still spent hours every day for a month straight doing it.
Just working on code on backend stuff the user never sees can take a ton of work. Demotivating work since you don't see a final result from it. But if it sets up stuff for the future, it's work that's worth it.

I'm really excited to see new content after all these years. Everything about this game tells me it's something I want to see more of. Maybe less drama and history and more lewd, but do what you have passion for.

eatsbabies

Apr 19, 2018
I've lurked on this thread/game for quite some time and am getting tired of seeing posts like these. If you don't like it, you can easily move on and ignore the game cause It's getting old seeing people show up and complain.

I see so many abandoned game threads full of people saying "I wish they'd come back and work on this again." Even slow progress is better than being completely abandoned.

For fucks sake, you're complaining over the development of a free game created by someone in their free time. They don't owe you anything. Why are you wasting your time complaining about a game you don't care about? If you do actually care, then why would you want to discourage instead of encourage the person making it?

a1nick

May 2, 2019
I see so many abandoned game threads full of people saying "I wish they'd come back and work on this again." Even slow progress is better than being completely abandoned.
I enjoyed the content so far and loved the art. I really hope this game doesn't get abandoned.

Happy Holidays everyone! :coffee:

Frosty92

May 12, 2017
...If you do actually care, then why would you want to discourage instead of encourage the person making it?
Making what? A new Unity engine? Hell no, I never asked for it. RPG maker is designed for making simple rpg games and to avoid coding. Simple games for people who want to AVOID coding. Productivity would be fine, if Yummy wouldn't desperately avoid RPGmaker tutorials ( 30 five to ten min long "RPG Maker MV Tutorial"s at youtube)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

He added a moving battle menu. Said it didn't magically came together.. I had a hard time to hold back from asking him - why you hate default static battle menu? IMO, he can make a good game without all the codes and trouble. Less errors. More story.

eatsbabies

Apr 19, 2018
I never asked for it.
Games aren't developed specifically with what you want in mind. I've played a lot of games with features I don't like or want. Instead of going to the threads and shitting on someone, I simply don't play that game anymore and go find something I do like.

Look, I'm not really interested in arguing over this stuff, because arguing on the internet is mostly pointless, so I will likely go back to simply lurking on the forums. At the end of the day, I'm here to do what most people do - enjoy content and get my rocks off. I just find it ridiculous the way Yummy has been demonized over this game. I can understand the disappointment and Yummy has certainly made some mistakes big and small, but to come at him as if we're all owed something is fucking entitled and stupid. If he never makes any more of the game, who cares? Just move on. None of our lives are going to be significantly changed either way. There's plenty of other content on the internet to go and enjoy in the meantime.

Reactions: NoMoreParanoia

CDM

Apr 11, 2018
the game looks interesting I haven't downloaded it yet but I like the art I hope the protagonist is a virgin

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Making what? A new Unity engine? Hell no, I never asked for it. RPG maker is designed for making simple rpg games and to avoid coding. Simple games for people who want to AVOID coding. Productivity would be fine, if Yummy wouldn't desperately avoid RPGmaker tutorials ( 30 five to ten min long "RPG Maker MV Tutorial"s at youtube)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

He added a moving battle menu. Said it didn't magically came together.. I had a hard time to hold back from asking him - why you hate default static battle menu? IMO, he can make a good game without all the codes and trouble. Less errors. More story.
You think I haven't watch hours of RPG Maker tutorials? It's not nearly as simple as you make it out to be unless you are going for a very basic game. I don't want a super basic cookie-cutter game, and why would you?

For battles, do you want a system with sexual content? If so, you're not using the basic battle system. The basic system doesn't even display a character portrait without using the sideview system and that's meant for pixel animations. The basic battle system doesn't allow you to change those character portraits during battle at all, so that's out. You can do some cut-in stuff with common events, but it's severely limited.

If I use the basic system, Bogwort has to either be a full companion or not involved at all. If I use him as a full companion, then it will make any situation where Aylia succumbs to battle H awkward as hell. I'd have to change his character since now he's a full participant. Even if you decide to go the basic battle system route, you're going to spend a lot of time creating enemies and balancing stat gains, levels, etc. Unless you just throw it in there and hope for the best. This is even before we talk about building a battle HUD with a focus on battle-H content.

Yes, it's taken a super long time and yes, there were years were almost no progress was made. I'm back at this fully right now and there is a good chance I'll put out a meaningful update within 2 months of the last update. For a solo developer, I think that's a pretty damn good timeline and one that if I can maintain, we might actually see this game someday. But, I cannot stress just how much better this game will be than a basic, quickly thrown together RPG Maker experience. I think people will see that.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: erg1986
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes