RPGM Aylia's Story [v0.11] [YummyTiger]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

rorzy

Sep 27, 2017
Apparently, I still tend to believe I will accomplish more than I actually do, and hence fail in meeting release estimates
Devils advocate here, but considering that is a common theme, maybe you shouldn't be doing that?

100% show your work, that's great and good thing to do (to show progress is happening etc), but don't give out an release date you may, or may not manage to hit. It's a common theme with one-man indie teams, especially on crowd-funding sites like patreon (I know you don't charge, at least not yet, haven't been keeping up since hongfire).

The opticts are just way worse when a release date keeps getting pushed, regardless of what pushed it. I leave with a quote my I.T teacher would tell my I.T class, as I think it applies perfectly to the one-man teams that keep doing this:

Always add an extra week or so to whatever date you give out to customers. If you finish before then, customer will be extra happy and feel validated, however if you give a date and miss it, the customer will feel like you just don't give a shit about them.

Reactions: YummyTiger

sosytexyi

Nov 3, 2020
i use google translate, excuse me, the text may not be correct, but i hope you understand what idea i want to convey to you!

The reason why I decided to write to you is that I liked the game! but seeing that you are conducting a survey on adding which genres to the game, I was alerted to what steppe the game can go.
You wrote that you played many similar games. you might notice that most of them are a soup of everything. creators try to please everyone while losing originality.

what i liked!
I think you didn't notice how you caught the goldfish, the relationship between the goblin and Aylia is something you can build a game on (I'm behind the goblin's harem).I was very pleased that you GAVE THE POSSIBILITY to choose to ignore a Bogwort friend or not.I hope you leave an option to avoid or give a choice where the goblin can prevent the events against Aylia(ntr,blackmail,rape) don't make it canon, leave the choice to the player!

corruption - our heroine elf Aylia is very sexy and it is obvious that she will be pestered by all sorts of randoms why share her with others when you can make her only yours.I propose to make an event (events) where Bogwart is given the choice to save the "elf pussy" or fearfully accept reality.

jealousy - the goblin began to pay attention to "Kira", our heroine did not like it, because the goblin used to constantly stick to her and now flirts with another girl

guilt - our goblin is hiding behind the back of the girl "Aylia", it’s hard to call him a hero and "Triste" doesn't treat him very well."Triste" is a self-confident girl, she does not need help in hunting, she is confident that everything goes according to her plan, she thinks that she will only be interfered with(she doesn't like our Bogwort)."Aylia" - also believes that the goblin is a cowardly pervert.
Drake - Persuaded "Triste" to take "Aylia" and "Bogwort" on the hunt.
Here you can make an event where Bogwort saves Aylia by taking a hit. (but first you need to show him as a coward, first you need to go hunting several times and at the most unexpected moment he will show his sacrifice and heroism)

Aylia - on past hunts she called a goblin a coward and now he saved her (now she is ready to lift her skirt and show her panties)
Triste - due to her self-confidence, "Aylia" almost died and the one whom she did not like acted heroically, taking a hit on herself. ("Triste's" attitude towards the goblin has improved).

I will wait for updates and hope for the opportunity to avoid, by me, not my favorite genres(I'm behind the goblin's harem)

CG7_Bust1_Shocked.png

Melix3

Donor
May 1, 2017
Yummy, you got enough hate as it is. But I have one question I was asking myself so many times over what feels like a decade.

During the first versions of the game, your Patreon support was at 25k or even higher per major update.
Are you some kind of billionaire or how did that not motivate you at all?

But it's almost more surprising how you kept 10% of that over all those years.

I'm really happy you're still on it, because the first versions of the game were probably the most promising stuff I have ever seen on Patreon. But yeah, I won't get my hopes up. And I still can't wrap my head around all that money that people were willing to give you. Probably could have easily reached 100k per update if there were consistent ones. You would have deserved it back then.

• Wow
Reactions: lemaro

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Yummy, you got enough hate as it is. But I have one question I was asking myself so many times over what feels like a decade.

During the first versions of the game, your Patreon support was at 25k or even higher per major update.
Are you some kind of billionaire or how did that not motivate you at all?

But it's almost more surprising how you kept 10% of that over all those years.

I'm really happy you're still on it, because the first versions of the game were probably the most promising stuff I have ever seen on Patreon. But yeah, I won't get my hopes up. And I still can't wrap my head around all that money that people were willing to give you. Probably could have easily reached 100k per update if there were consistent ones. You would have deserved it back then.
I wasn't quite that high, but it did reach 12k I believe. Never actually ran a paid update during those years, so there is no telling how much of that would have actually gone through, but it would have been significant. But, no, I'm not rich, far from it. As for keeping a portion of that, that is probably because I've ran a total of 3 pledges now. One for a completed translation, and two for Aylia's Story. Between 2016 and 2022 there were zero pledges ran, so it cost nothing to just watch and see if a game came out of all this. That said, there are games that DO run monthly pledges and have had no activity for years and still collect money, so who knows.

I was in this to build a really good game. A story-driven, slow corruption game that I'd always wanted to play. I let perfectionism creep in and simply couldn't get a build to my satisfaction back then. I did release a crappy alpha at one point in frustration, but it pretty much sucked. This last MV release was the first I was truly happy with in many years, and the one I'm working on now is going to be very good (in my opinion). I think the best answer for your question is if I cared more about the money, I'd have made a bunch, but I care more about the game--even if the money would be immensely helpful.

Melix3

Donor
May 1, 2017
I wasn't quite that high, but it did reach 12k I believe. Never actually ran a paid update during those years, so there is no telling how much of that would have actually gone through, but it would have been significant. But, no, I'm not rich, far from it. As for keeping a portion of that, that is probably because I've ran a total of 3 pledges now. One for a completed translation, and two for Aylia's Story. Between 2016 and 2022 there were zero pledges ran, so it cost nothing to just watch and see if a game came out of all this. That said, there are games that DO run monthly pledges and have had no activity for years and still collect money, so who knows.

I was in this to build a really good game. A story-driven, slow corruption game that I'd always wanted to play. I let perfectionism creep in and simply couldn't get a build to my satisfaction back then. I did release a crappy alpha at one point in frustration, but it pretty much sucked. This last MV release was the first I was truly happy with in many years, and the one I'm working on now is going to be very good (in my opinion). I think the best answer for your question is if I cared more about the money, I'd have made a bunch, but I care more about the game--even if the money would be immensely helpful.

Thanks for your explanation. As mentioned, people complained enough, I'm not trying to blame you or anything. I've been following since the start, was even pledged to you in the beginning. Not sure if it was 2015 or 2016 but it's been ages. I'm just happy that you're back at it and I hope one day it will be the great game it deserves to be. I am looking forward to it. :3

And yeah, you being one of the only people to have the "pay per update" pledge is great, that's also why I never really was able to blame you for my frustration of not being able to play more Aylia, since I never had to pay for it.
I hate people who just go silent and you forget you're pledged to them and lose money senselessly. Should be illegal.

Also your writing was so good back then. I mean I literally remember the game for the great writing and quite a few laughs and it's been like 8 years. Just shows how great it was. Hope your perfectionism won't ruin that, because the very first versions were absolutely great even without too much revamping. Maybe just try to be yourself, send it to some trusty testers and I bet they will find it amazing, so you won't have to revamp every single part 300 times. :D But I have no idea about creating games, so if you don't agree, do it your way.

Just glad you are still active and hopefully there will be some more frequent updates in the future. :)

Azope

Jul 26, 2017
Thanks for your explanation. As mentioned, people complained enough, I'm not trying to blame you or anything. I've been following since the start, was even pledged to you in the beginning. Not sure if it was 2015 or 2016 but it's been ages. I'm just happy that you're back at it and I hope one day it will be the great game it deserves to be. I am looking forward to it. :3

And yeah, you being one of the only people to have the "pay per update" pledge is great, that's also why I never really was able to blame you for my frustration of not being able to play more Aylia, since I never had to pay for it.
I hate people who just go silent and you forget you're pledged to them and lose money senselessly. Should be illegal.

Also your writing was so good back then. I mean I literally remember the game for the great writing and quite a few laughs and it's been like 8 years. Just shows how great it was. Hope your perfectionism won't ruin that, because the very first versions were absolutely great even without too much revamping. Maybe just try to be yourself, send it to some trusty testers and I bet they will find it amazing, so you won't have to revamp every single part 300 times. :D But I have no idea about creating games, so if you don't agree, do it your way.

Just glad you are still active and hopefully there will be some more frequent updates in the future. :)
Personaly i would be realy hapy if somehow we have a update ( and not a redo some old part ) beford end of 2023 i would realy love to seen the game continu but i am not in high hope

Reactions: Melix3

Domindi

Jul 19, 2017

I think thats fair. The fact that the anticipation is still so high after all these years is kudos to your merit as a game developer even if there isnt that much content. A game in a similar situation is "Witch Hunter." The guys over there have literally been building that for years and there's not much in the way of H-content yet.

Azope

Jul 26, 2017
How think going YummyTiger ? i know you will not comme out unlesse we call you or some one speack badly to the game so since i do not want speack of the game il of the game i call you and hope you would show

Last edited:

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
How think going YummyTiger ? i know you will not comme out unlesse we call you or some one speack badly to the game so since i do not want speack of the game il of the game i call you and hope you would show
I have time to work on the game this month, and have already had a good week so far. I turned down some work this fall to focus more on the game. I'll see how productive things can be this month and I'll have a better idea of where things stand then. Right now, there is at least 1-2 hours of gameplay beyond where the last release was, and that's with me speeding through the text. For a player who is reading the text and exploring, you should have about 2-4 more hours. I'd like the next release to be twice that.

Things that I still need to do:
  • Finish up the water slime artwork and ensure it's working for battles. At that point, there will be two new enemies in the game with working h-mechanics in battle.
  • Finish up the latter stages of the first Triste rival questline (including artwork for both Aylia and Triste). That will bring the questline to at least 3 major stages with artwork at each stage. Bogwort will be happy.
  • Finish writing the Saladin/Aylia interactions which drive the main quest forward and give purpose to this whole ordeal.
  • Get all the sound effects and music in place and normalized. I really want to bring on someone to do all the audio stuff at some point. It's one of the areas I struggle in most as RPG Maker is not very good at managing background music, etc.
Back to work for me. This is the release that has been the big hurdle through this whole project, so getting it done will be a huge step for me. Thanks for following along!

Sinewave11

Jul 21, 2020
Just out of curiosity, have this game got some more content outside the prologue after all those years?

I remember when it was first posted in the krystal forum probably decade ago and the dev just didnt had time for an update for years to come, always promising an update, missing deadlines then disappearing for very long times. Only to came back, posting a teaser picture, promising another relase date only to miss it and disappearing again.

There was an huge drama back then lol

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
Just out of curiosity, have this game got some more content outside the prologue after all those years?

I remember when it was first posted in the krystal forum probably decade ago and the dev just didnt had time for an update for years to come, always promising an update, missing deadlines then disappearing for very long times. Only to came back, posting a teaser picture, promising another relase date only to miss it and disappearing again.

No. Stop asking. If it will ever got an update - enjoy. Until that day better don't bother yourself and author. It's pointless. All important words were spelled already.

Sinewave11

Jul 21, 2020
No. Stop asking. If it will ever got an update - enjoy. Until that day better don't bother yourself and author. It's pointless. All important words were spelled already.
Lmao ok i see nothing have changed after all this time, neither the drama neither the state of the game or the dev(s?) attitude

Last time i checked was 5 years ago so i was asking, thanks for the salty answer, it really descrive everything

Ill check again in some years

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017

There was a post a few up from this describing the content I am working on now. The game was remade in RPG Maker MV late last year and I've been slowly working through the next update. At this point, I'm just aiming to make sure I get an update out this year. So, just checking back every now and then to see if anything was released is the way to go. Thanks for your interest!

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes