Mod Ren'Py Completed Babysitter mod [final] [khumak]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Take your time khumak . Also, have you thought about injecting NTR into other games as well?
NTR is probably never going to be my focus. To me it's like a difficulty mode with the goal being to try and overcome a worthy adversary. I realize for most NTR fans they actually want the adversary to win but as a player I never do unless the main character is female in which case I don't care.

I get a lot more enjoyment out of a game that has an adversary who is an actual threat. NTR is just the most natural type of adversary for an adult game to me whereas in most other types of games the adversary would either be out to kill you or some other non sexual form of domination.

That was the reason I sort of bent over backwards trying to figure out how to develop for it since I personally don't like it as a player. I actually found that I do like it as a dev so that was a pleasant surprise but it does still make play testing somewhat annoying. I also do like the reverse (Netori I think?) as a player so I at least have a general idea what people find appealing about it. I like cuckqueen as well and am still a bit perplexed as to why it's practically nonexistent if you go looking for it. Cuckhold is everywhere but not cuckqueen. Usually the closest I can find to cuckqueen is FFM (which I like as well) but that's not really the same thing.

I may do some more modding after Babysitter if I find a game I like that nobody else is modding but I'd like to redirect my focus more towards making my own game. RL has just been crazy lately though and I also still need a hardware upgrade before I'll be ready to do much rendering since my current computer is pretty low end.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Well the main Babysitter game is now completed but I think I'll wait for the complete Khumak mod as well and finish the game in one go. :D
With the game actually being finished now I think I'll probably just do 1 or 2 more updates. I'd like to have a creeper finale for the NTR path with Josh and also a finale involving MC/Jess/Christine/Sonya all in one scene. If I split it in 2 I can probably still get the Josh update done in about a month or so. If I just do 1 update that will probably take longer.

I actually haven't even had time to play the final version so I don't know what happens yet. It's been really busy at work with the virus so I haven't had a chance to work on this at all in awhile.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Any chance you know how to do a gallery mod? The lack of scene replaying in the final version was a big let down.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Any chance you know how to do a gallery mod? The lack of scene replaying in the final version was a big let down.
I do plan on doing that sort of thing for my own game but I don't see myself adding it to this mod. It would take a lot of work. The way I would do it would be to set up sort of an achievement system where every scene you've completed goes in the gallery and you can then replay anything in the gallery whenever you want.

There is a bit of a do it yourself method you can use though. When you come to a scene you know you like, just save at the beginning of that scene. I did that when testing my mod so I could go back and replay pretty much any scene I wanted because I had a save for each of them. Saved me tons of time testing things.

I've been wanting to add a game+ system as well where achievements you get in 1 playthrough can unlock additional options in your next playthrough.

Reactions: crisbr

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
I do plan on doing that sort of thing for my own game but I don't see myself adding it to this mod. It would take a lot of work. The way I would do it would be to set up sort of an achievement system where every scene you've completed goes in the gallery and you can then replay anything in the gallery whenever you want.

There is a bit of a do it yourself method you can use though. When you come to a scene you know you like, just save at the beginning of that scene. I did that when testing my mod so I could go back and replay pretty much any scene I wanted because I had a save for each of them. Saved me tons of time testing things.

I've been wanting to add a game+ system as well where achievements you get in 1 playthrough can unlock additional options in your next playthrough.
I've done plenty of saving, even with the in game labels, it is a nightmare trying to find a specific scene among the mess. After a few months it blurs together, who the fuck knows which route said scene was on. It's very difficult for the average fan to track.

JDVT

Sep 23, 2018
No idea what model Monica uses. This is the first update where she really has much of a role so I haven't even tried to figure out what model she uses. I don't plan to do anything with her in my mod.

I did do a quick playtest just now to make sure the mod still works with the new version and it does.
I understand but it will be awesome to have her as well even if its not in the mod.

Dreew

Sep 6, 2017
This mod work with the complete version? Can we avoid the new NTR scene of the mod?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
This mod work with the complete version? Can we avoid the new NTR scene of the mod?
I haven't tested with the new version yet but it should work. All of the NTR stuff in my mod is easily avoidable.

Just tested with the latest version and it works fine. I won't have a new update for awhile though. Between work, taxes, and some financial issues lately I've been pretty busy. I've also been doing some work on a few of my game ideas as well, but it'll be more than a year before I have anything ready to release for that. I'm still waiting on upgrading my system to whatever Nvdia's next series of cards are but I've heard rumors that may be delayed to next year so who knows? I'm definitely not going to be doing much more rendering on my current system, it's just too slow.

Last edited:

Mirakon

Sep 20, 2017
Is there any problems if I use the latest version of the mod on the final version of the game?

SV_PO

Apr 12, 2020
elo I only have 2 questions

1>) I need some guide on how to upload mods to Babysitter

2>) Please write step by step what I should do to make it work.

Autarchy

Nov 5, 2017
There's an error in the mod that happen in the first time of the "creeper" scene about not finding some background file:

Error not finding the image: "PyjamaTaken == 0", "backgrounds/Day2_LivingRoom_Horor19.png",)

Need to change this line to: "PyjamaTaken == 0", "backgrounds/Day2_LivingRoom_Horor_19.jpg",)
and it is fixed!

Reactions: khumak

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
There's an error in the mod that happen in the first time of the "creeper" scene about not finding some background file:

Error not finding the image: "PyjamaTaken == 0", "backgrounds/Day2_LivingRoom_Horor19.png",)

Need to change this line to: "PyjamaTaken == 0", "backgrounds/Day2_LivingRoom_Horor_19.jpg",)
and it is fixed!
Hmm, I could have swore I fixed that but thanks. I'll take a look when I get a chance.

Edit: I think you must be using an older version. I just checked and this is what's in the current version:

image MCCreeper01 = ConditionSwitch(
"PyjamaTaken == 1", "creeper/MCCreeper01a.png",
"PyjamaTaken == 0", "backgrounds/Day2_LivingRoom_Horor_19.png",)

Last edited:
Reactions: Autarchy

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Hey guys, I've thought about this a bit more and I've mostly lost interest in Babysitter since the game is complete so I might not add any new content for this mod and instead focus on a game of my own. I may change my mind at some point. I just didn't want people to get their hopes up waiting for content that might never happen.

Until I get new hardware I'm focusing on dialog, story, events, mechanics, etc that don't require me to render anything. Even after I get new hardware it will probably take me awhile before I have anything ready that I want to make available for public consumption.

I will probably be playing around with a lot of different ideas and changing things until I get something that I feel is a good starting point. I also have a pretty demanding full time job so there are times when I have no energy to do any rendering/coding/etc for months at a time. So before I get to where I start releasing stuff to the public I would want to get into some sort of a cycle that I felt I could maintain long term.

In any case, I had a lot of fun making this mod and I learned a lot. Hope people liked it.

As for what sorts of game ideas I'm working on, regardless what sort of story is involved I seem to keep gravitating towards stories that always involve a Jessica type bad girl, troublemaker type who is friends with MC's wife/gf. I do plan to include some NTR in my stuff, but I will probably focus more on the wife/gf catching hubby with other women and getting jealous but turned on by it.

I'm also leaning towards a bit of a hybrid design that alternates between a sandbox mode where you can build stats, try out different events, fail some of them, come back and try again to experiment with different options, etc. Then have event based triggers that follow a more typical VN style linear story leading to a new sandbox mode with different options than before.

I also really like the system used by Long Live the Princess where most of the content is gated off by secrets you can learn about each character. So rather than just having some generic score determining what you can do, it's more dependent on how much you know about a character. If anyone hasn't tried Long Live the Princess I highly recommend it.

I may work on something less ambitious at the same time to have something a little easier to get something released but regardless what I do I won't have anything ready for quite a while.

disimulated

Jun 10, 2018
Hey guys, I've thought about this a bit more and I've mostly lost interest in Babysitter since the game is complete so I might not add any new content for this mod and instead focus on a game of my own. I may change my mind at some point. I just didn't want people to get their hopes up waiting for content that might never happen.
That's too bad, but these things happen. Motivation runs its course and your interest moves on. It's surprising how knowing how the main story ends takes away the urge to contribute to something - it has happened to me too.

I'm disappointed because you were strengthening a part of the game that I liked, I wanted to see what you'd ultimately add to the game. But thank you so much for what you've already given, the community appreciates it!

Good luck on your own game, I'll be sure to follow it when it appears.

crisbr

Mar 12, 2018

Until I get new hardware I'm focusing on dialog, story, events, mechanics, etc that don't require me to render anything. Even after I get new hardware it will probably take me awhile before I have anything ready that I want to make available for public consumption.

I will probably be playing around with a lot of different ideas and changing things until I get something that I feel is a good starting point. I also have a pretty demanding full time job so there are times when I have no energy to do any rendering/coding/etc for months at a time. So before I get to where I start releasing stuff to the public I would want to get into some sort of a cycle that I felt I could maintain long term.

In any case, I had a lot of fun making this mod and I learned a lot. Hope people liked it.

As for what sorts of game ideas I'm working on, regardless what sort of story is involved I seem to keep gravitating towards stories that always involve a Jessica type bad girl, troublemaker type who is friends with MC's wife/gf. I do plan to include some NTR in my stuff, but I will probably focus more on the wife/gf catching hubby with other women and getting jealous but turned on by it.

I'm also leaning towards a bit of a hybrid design that alternates between a sandbox mode where you can build stats, try out different events, fail some of them, come back and try again to experiment with different options, etc. Then have event based triggers that follow a more typical VN style linear story leading to a new sandbox mode with different options than before.

I also really like the system used by Long Live the Princess where most of the content is gated off by secrets you can learn about each character. So rather than just having some generic score determining what you can do, it's more dependent on how much you know about a character. If anyone hasn't tried Long Live the Princess I highly recommend it.

I may work on something less ambitious at the same time to have something a little easier to get something released but regardless what I do I won't have anything ready for quite a while.
I liked your idea it would be nice to include in your game sharing the wife and please dont put sandbox man
I don't have time for this anymore i like to read a good history and making some choices but nothing too complicated for the game not to be boring and sickening I play these games mainly to make a good fap fap you understand ;}

Autarchy

Nov 5, 2017
Hmm, I could have swore I fixed that but thanks. I'll take a look when I get a chance.

Edit: I think you must be using an older version. I just checked and this is what's in the current version:

image MCCreeper01 = ConditionSwitch(
"PyjamaTaken == 1", "creeper/MCCreeper01a.png",
"PyjamaTaken == 0", "backgrounds/Day2_LivingRoom_Horor_19.png",)
I'm using the version in the first page of the post:

in this file this error stills there =/

and I think that ".png" in the extension still leads to the error, I had to change it to ".jpg" to stop it.

Reactions: khumak and crisbr

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I'm using the version in the first page of the post:

in this file this error stills there =/

and I think that ".png" in the extension still leads to the error, I had to change it to ".jpg" to stop it.
Oh I see what you're saying now. I didn't notice the extension. I'll double check my files again and update my link. Let me know if you find any more bugs. I did playtest both the vanilla and NTR paths so there shouldn't be very many bugs but it's possible a few like this could have slipped through.

Edit: Yep you're right about that line. Updated mega link with fixed version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Autarchy and crisbr
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes