GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Cost of living is not the same everywhere. On his Patreon one of his goals is $3000 a month to transition to full time. We can assume where he lives, $3000 a month before taxes is enough to live off of.

Also when he went on hiatus due to what happened in real life, he paused Patreon. He's probably doing fine financially.
I think he just recently went back to work. Before things happened with his wife, he was doing this full time.

ReturnofPoncho

nuclearbomb

Mar 26, 2018
Any update on the next release? I thought it was supposed to be late December.
Irl stuff forced him to push the update into January, believe he is aiming for a release somewhere around the end of month. Can be read in the latest post on his Patreon or 1-2 pages back in this thread.

dead alive?
Alive, dev has just been having loads of other things to attend to. So just bear with him and give him time.

Shaggyhair

Feb 19, 2019
Irl stuff forced him to push the update into January, believe he is aiming for a release somewhere around the end of month. Can be read in the latest post on his Patreon or 1-2 pages back in this thread.

Alive, dev has just been having loads of other things to attend to. So just bear with him and give him time.
Oh ok thanks.

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
I think he just recently went back to work. Before things happened with his wife, he was doing this full time.

ReturnofPoncho
You completely missed the point. The person I replied to asked why would he leave his original stable job to be an amateur full-time game dev where there is higher risk. We could assume, if he was willing to leave his stable job to be a full time game dev, he must be somewhat financially stable. T4bbo freezing his Patreon could mean he comfortable financially to do so.

hagare

Mar 27, 2019
You completely missed the point. The person I replied to asked why would he leave his original stable job to be an amateur full-time game dev where there is higher risk. We could assume, if he was willing to leave his stable job to be a full time game dev, he must be somewhat financially stable. T4bbo freezing his Patreon could mean he comfortable financially to do so.
Passion duh

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
I didn't miss the point on anything. Was just stating was I knew to be true.....but he was financially comfortable because Babysitter was raking in over 10k a month at one point. He was making quite a bit of loot from that game it made sense to ditch the job and do this. He even had to form a llc because of the amount of money he was getting. So yeah, if my game ever cracks 10k a month, you better believe I'm resigning from my day job, lol.

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
I didn't miss the point on anything. Was just stating was I knew to be true.....but he was financially comfortable because Babysitter was raking in over 10k a month at one point. He was making quite a bit of loot from that game it made sense to ditch the job and do this. He even had to form a llc because of the amount of money he was getting. So yeah, if my game ever cracks 10k a month, you better believe I'm resigning from my day job, lol.
If you didn't miss the point, I'm confused why you replied to me in the first place? I was answering someone else who was confused why he quit his previous stable day job for this job. lol

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
If you didn't miss the point, I'm confused why you replied to me in the first place? I was answering someone else who was confused why he quit his previous stable day job for this job. lol
I'm sorry, man. I didn't mean to. I was probably trying to respond to the other person to tell him what I wound up telling you, lol. Sorry about that.

Aug 13, 2016
As long as it's not February we're talking about...
definetely agree, tho just to make it clear i do not have any information regarding the update lol. its just my guess from the previous game. he would usually be like "update coming on june", then it would not come out, decides to add some new scenes, says it will come out on july, and he would release it on the last day of july lol

4.30 star(s) 77 Votes