Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
Patreon billing just got paused so end of March..? No post on patreon though, make of it what you will..
Would have been nice if there was a post, but at least it is paused, that's something which is better than nothing.

People can't pull the milking excuse. But there's always that "special" person who will bring it up because they failed to read a few posts back.

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
Damn, hardly anything new/updated to play and it seems to be delayed again, i remember the times when there was an update every month for many games. :rolleyes:

nothing against developer of course, just a reflection i guess.

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
Damn, hardly anything new/updated to play and it seems to be delayed again, i remember the times when there was an update every month for many games. :rolleyes:

nothing against developer of course, just a reflection i guess.
I feel you. So many new same premise games and so few good games, and those that already exist have longer update frame time.

Reactions: ijako3

rose1437

Jun 21, 2017
I feel you. So many new same premise games and so few good games, and those that already exist have longer update frame time.
Same feeling here. The games I follow closely were expected to deliver an update by the end of december (Babysitters, JOHN, and Noemi Toscana). Comes february and yet nobody delivered.

Cant complain about this one though, just hope everything is okay and the delay is not caused by anything serious...

DIRTY Filthy RAT

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
Same feeling here. The games I follow closely were expected to deliver an update by the end of december (Babysitters, JOHN, and Noemi Toscana). Comes february and yet nobody delivered.

Cant complain about this one though, just hope everything is okay and the delay is not caused by anything serious...
Correction Noemi just came out late last night

Reactions: rose1437

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017

Yup, was waiting for this and JOHN as well, this one got postponed indefinately, JOHNs update got nerfed so will skip that one and wait another year roughly for next patch. Toscana got it's patch but I suspect it will be true to form, absurdely delayed and minimal content as usual..

I went from playing most releases and being genuinly exciteted for 15 or so to nowdays only waiting for the 4 or 5 devs who actually produce something worth playing.. this entire field/genre has taken such a turn for the worse over the last 2 years it's scary..

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
I went from playing most releases and being genuinly exciteted for 15 or so to nowdays only waiting for the 4 or 5 devs who actually produce something worth playing.. this entire field/genre has taken such a turn for the worse over the last 2 years it's scary..
I'm on the same boat as both of you. I was waiting for JOHN and this one that were announced for last December, plus 2 or 3 more on the same case. My latest updates tab is more and more greyed with games that are always exactly the same as the others, but new devs insist on rinse and repeat. Even as you said, some long awaited updates are meeh..

Reactions: balvenie1401

MacAdGames

Game Developer
May 26, 2020

Exactly! Same thing's happening with ORS as well, don't know why's this happening with all these devs.. :cry: I blame AWAM, as even after delivering absolute :poop: for years he's able to make 150k a year it's only logical for other devs to get lazy and by other devs I only mean JOHN, not ORS or babysitter as their problems seem more genuine.

DIRTY Filthy RAT

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
Exactly! Same thing's happening with ORS as well, don't know why's this happening with all these devs.. :cry: I blame AWAM, as even after delivering absolute :poop: for years he's able to make 150k a year it's only logical for other devs to get lazy and by other devs I only mean JOHN, not ORS or babysitter as their problems seem more genuine.
Blame ICSTOR, Gumdrop & L&P

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
Blame ICSTOR, Gumdrop & L&P
Part of the blame are the people who believe they need/have to/feel obligated to support them monthly. If people took away their support and only support during release months, maybe then some of these devs won't catch the "lazy."

I also partly blame Patreon for not having a fail safe system that protects donators/Patrons from being taking advantage of by creators.

4.30 star(s) 77 Votes