Ren'Py Abandoned Babysitting Cream Ren'Py Port [v1.7.1] [Protofan]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

Novilon

Feb 8, 2021
Just noticed the Abandoned tag. Is that accurate? Since this is just a port of the original game wouldn't Complete be better?
Not necessarily. "Complete" implies that the game is fully playable, debugged, and that all scenes are fully implemented and all story paths are reachable. That is not the case here; the original Flash game was incomplete to begin with, and Protofan simply ported it over as is, but has declared that he doesn't intend to add any further material to finish this version himself.

Oct 7, 2019
Not necessarily. "Complete" implies that the game is fully playable, debugged, and that all scenes are fully implemented and all story paths are reachable. That is not the case here; the original Flash game was incomplete to begin with, and Protofan simply ported it over as is, but has declared that he doesn't intend to add any further material to finish this version himself.
Suppose it's a matter of semantics then. I would argue that while the original game was incomplete, the intent of this port was to move the game over to Renpy to preserve the game from Flash's death and for QoL reasons, and it was indeed completed in that endeavor. An 'incomplete' port would mean that there are features of the original game not yet ported over.

However, I will withdraw that argument if that is the site's official definition of the tag, and I CERTAINLY will not argue with someone actually putting effort in to finish the game. You, sir, know these things far better than I do.

Novilon

Feb 8, 2021
However, I will withdraw that argument if that is the site's official definition of the tag, and I CERTAINLY will not argue with someone actually putting effort in to finish the game. You, sir, know these things far better than I do.
I'm not sure if there is an "official" site definition for the "abandoned" tag, beyond "game is not complete (or not tagged as such) and developer hasn't posted to the thread or uploaded any new material in 'x' months." (Three, I think.) That's just my assumption based on the general meaning of the words "abandoned" vs. "completed", not an official statement of site policy. :)

I suspect this one got tagged as abandoned for the same reason Fuzzy's did -- someone reported it to the site mods as "abandoned", the mods looked at the thread and saw that (A) the game wasn't already tagged as "complete" and (B) hasn't been updated in over "X" amount of time by the developer, so they just slapped the abandoned tag on it and called it a day. They have far too many other things on their plate, and too many pending requests in their respective queues, to spend a lot of time on semantic quibbling over what counts as "complete" and trying to divine the developer's intent by reading virtual tea leaves, I think. ;)

Angora Kitty

Sep 20, 2018
Why the RenPy-version is marked as 'Abandoned' when one can play it until the final day and it all works fine?
For me a 'Completed'-mark would be better for this version of BSC.

Novilon

Feb 8, 2021
Why the RenPy-version is marked as 'Abandoned' when one can play it until the final day and it all works fine?
For me a 'Completed'-mark would be better for this version of BSC.
Y'know, this is literally answered by the replies six posts above yours. It has been tagged as "abandoned" by the site mods because this version is not fully completed -- there are scenes which can't be reached, some known bugs, and many (most) scenes do not yet have any accompanying artwork -- and because the original developer/uploader (Protofan) has not made any updates or posts to this thread in several months, and has indicated multiple times he does not intend to continue development any further.

If anyone disagrees with the mods' definition of "abandoned", take it up with them. Debating it here in the comments is pointless.

Pepeixe

Feb 5, 2023
E
como sou brasileiro , e queria entender melhor a historia , fiz a tradução do jogo pro portugues , sei que vai ter poucas pessoas que vão baixar esse arquivo , mais ta ai
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
como sou brasileiro, e queria entender melhor a historia, traduzi o jogo para o portugues, sei que vai ser pouca gente que vai baixar esse arquivo, mas ta ai

View attachment 589792
[/CITAR]
Earquivo não serve na versão mobile?

Ryuuzaki2

Jul 7, 2021
como sou brasileiro , e queria entender melhor a historia , fiz a tradução do jogo pro portugues , sei que vai ter poucos pessoas que vão baixa esse arquivo , mais ta ai
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
as i'm brazilian, and i wanted to understand the story better, i translated the game into portuguese, i know there will be few people who will download this file, but there it is

como sou brasileiro , e queria entender melhor a historia , fiz a tradução do jogo pro portugues , sei que vai ter poucos pessoas que vão baixa esse arquivo , mais ta ai
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
as i'm brazilian, and i wanted to understand the story better, i translated the game into portuguese, i know there will be few people who will download this file, but there it is

View attachment 589792
Em que parte dos arquivos eu coloco essa tradução (eu jogo a versão mobile)

Markl723

Jul 17, 2023
como sou brasileiro , e queria entender melhor a historia , fiz a tradução do jogo pro portugues , sei que vai ter poucas pessoas que vão baixar esse arquivo , mais ta ai
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
como sou brasileiro, e queria entender melhor a historia, traduzi o jogo para o portugues, sei que vai ser pouca gente que vai baixar esse arquivo, mas ta ai

View attachment 589792
[/CITAR]

skoid

Sep 12, 2018
so now that AI art is essentially an artists dream, is there any way to rebuild the art assets for this game, and pump out dozens if not hundreds more assets and scenes?

HathgarNiche

Jul 14, 2017
given that for maybe 20% or less its a nice dream and the rest its a nightmare, im not sure i get your comment. However, given that the images was already designed on someone elses art to begin with. It could probably be done. You should learn how and give it a go.

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes