konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
hm. alright...most my suggestions were based on somethinng i ve seen. but if it is that cyoaish... i think once i saw a short vn which had tips/mod navigating player through precise story-chains from the start to the end. so within a context - smth to cover everything for certain char(s).
dont think how to torpedo my suggestions. think how to implement it :D

Draevis

Nov 30, 2019
I play with headphones and the 25% volume was still too high, but I wanted to play with the audio at least at first. So I spliced in a 10% volume option. Maybe make that an actual feature?

Bald Games

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
I play with headphones and the 25% volume was still too high, but I wanted to play with the audio at least at first. So I spliced in a 10% volume option. Maybe make that an actual feature?
I can do this for the next version.

Draevis

Nov 30, 2019
In looking at the HTML there is a lot of repeated styling in the classes for each person. You could simplify the style by taking advantage of the Cascading part of CSS. For example, you have speech bubbles that have a class for each speaker (gina, abigal, the main character, etc.) and each of those classes repeats all the same styling setting up the same background color, the same border size, border style, padding, etc. The only changes are the text color and border color. You could simplify this by making a class for the speech bubble that sets up the border size, border style, padding, etc. But use a custom property for the colors used for the font and the border, call it something like "--speech-color" and give it a default value for example white. So in a :root pseudo selector at the top of the styles list you could have ":root{--speech-color: white;}"
Then in the class for the speech bubble say ".speech-bubble" you would set the font color by "color: var(--speech-color);" and set up the border including border color as "border 3px solid var(--speech-color);}. Then when Gina speaks in her pink color, you'd have a class for gina that all it needs to do is override the --speech-color so the class would look like ".gina{ --speech-color: pink;}"

Also, for the images that are in the speech bubbles. rather than putting their style information in each image tag, create a style for them. So if you use a class name of "speech" for the speech bubbles. you could create a style for the avatar images in the speech bubbles as ".speech-bubble > img {margin-right: 20px; vertical-align: middle; float:left; width: 75px;}"

Last edited:
Reactions: kidderyao

wolfyjrb15

Aug 28, 2020
Not the end of the version.
Did you edit your saves? If so, this may have caused the problem.
If you didn't edit the saves, try to explain exactly after which choice this happens.
this happens after the fight with the bouncer after using a disguse

Bald Games

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
this happens after the fight with the bouncer after using a disguse
The big bouncer or the two guards in the elevator?
What was the result of the fight? Did you win, lose, or did you both fall at the same time?
Also, don't forget to answer me if you edited the saves. This is crucial. Some people edit variables that they think won't interfere with game progress and it breaks the game.

wolfyjrb15

Aug 28, 2020
The big bouncer or the two guards in the elevator?
What was the result of the fight? Did you win, lose, or did you both fall at the same time?
Also, don't forget to answer me if you edited the saves. This is crucial. Some people edit variables that they think won't interfere with game progress and it breaks the game.
the big bouncer and i won the fight, and i didn't edit any save, if its a html game i don't do that because doing that breaks the game

Bald Games

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
the big bouncer and i won the fight, and i didn't edit any save, if its a html game i don't do that because doing that breaks the game
I've identified the problem. You actually tied the fight. Both health bars reached zero at the same time. In that rare result, I forgot to put a variable. I've fixed it for the next version. I don't think it's necessary to make a fix for this version considering the rarity of this result.
Thanks for reporting.

Brovalon

Jan 11, 2020
how to pick the option "decline and visit ava"?
You must have spoken to Jason / gone out for drinks with him on a previous day to tell him that you're now working for the mafia. It's essential for the story so it's pushed upon you now if you hadn't already done it.

Editing: it seems it's not essential, but instead is optional to go out for drinks with Jason during the story. So consider taking that choice when it's presented.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 44 Votes