3.40 star(s) 7 Votes

BabooJ1

Feb 12, 2019
BUGS and PROBLEMS report

If you rewrite over a saved game, frequently the game crashes later on. Fortunately,
there is the option to ignore the error flag and keep going. This is something to look at.

My biggest problem with the game is the limited choices available forcing the game into a linear direction
culminating with the fatal beating at the end.

I do not like the library scene. Yes, there is somejerk offending Mom. For the MC to tell him off and leave it
at that when Mom told him no, is really dumb. The game should have given the MC the choice to decide to do
nothing and simply walk away.

Worse than that is the encounter with somejerk and Michael. Mouthing off somejerk, hitting him, then walking
away because his friend tells him it's a good idea is the dumbest action ever. Plus, who put the MC in charge
to protect his sister Lana? It's like they already are married or lovers. If it were me in the situation I would do
one of two things. 1) Inform Michael of the inappropriate actions somejerk did with Mom and Sister and try to get
Michael to get away from that creep. When that failed, simply walk away to inform the women what happened to
make clear they are total losers. With that, no reason for somejerk to attack the MC later on. 2)You can leave the
initial encounter as is until the point when somejerk threatens to kill the MC. Choice then should be either to walk away
as already done in game or go back. I would go back and beat him until he cracked promising to leave everybody alone.
Somejerk would then go after weaker people as bullying is his nature. OR if somejerk did not crack still vowing hurt
or revenge on the women or the MC, then as the MC I would kill him. If the cops did show up, MC would explain it's a
situation of self-defense. More likely if somejerk's body was simply tossed into a trash bin, nobody would know or care
and he would just be another missing person.

If possible, I would have liked the choice of either having the MC visit his family which already happens in the game OR
allow him to skip it all spending the day with his girlfriend. This would prevent/tone down the romance the MC has with
his sister, increase it with his girlfriend, so later on when the sister complains about the bully somejerk, he would say
it's your problem sis, you deal with it. No encounter then with Michael and the bully somejerk so no fatal beating at
the end.

Regarding the comments earlier about games including this one needing a female main character is unfair to the developer.
The entire storyline of this game is centered around a single MC who is male. Any female MC here would be a whole new game. There are games with female MCs such as Chloe 18. Those wanting to play such games should do so and comment
with them how to improve such games.
I'm not sure I agree with your assessment here. The title of the game is what? 'Back to life' so the attack at the end had to happen for this story to progress. I personally, don't think the MC is dead or it was fatal but the recovery from the attack could be termed as 'Back to life'.

Personally, as MC if I had any love for my family then protecting your mom and sister should be automatic. I would kill anyone that hurt them in anyway. So MC's action to protect his sister from further harassment is justified in my book.

While you can critic the dev for some of his actions, just remember this is their game not yours so stop railroading the dev to make a game that you would want.

LuvFlatChests

May 11, 2019
While you can critic the dev for some of his actions, just remember this is their game not yours so stop railroading the dev to make a game that you would want.
Look. The DEV said up front that HE WANTS his game to have different outcomes based on the choices players make.
I am not demanding the story go my way. I am only providing suggestions for possible other outcomes so the game could
be expanded which seems to be what the DEV wants.

Frankly, it sounds like you are the one being pushy wanting the dev to tell his story linear with no choices or if a few, nothing major to change the inevitable outcomes.

Ultimately, the dev(s) will decide what to do for this game. They might ask patrons what they would like to see for future content and be grateful to use and modify that. They could do like you wrote and simply make what they want ignoring what everyone else says. Whatever happens it will be their decision, not yours, or mine either.

Your earlier response is hypocritical. You wrote you would KILL anyone that hurt (family) in any way. Then you say MC's action to protect sister from further harassment (by a simple punch and walking away) is justified. The MC even said himself that he thought walking away was a bad idea. So here I come suggesting the option for the MC not to walk away, but finish the job which supports YOUR view of killing somejerk. Instead of complimenting my suggestion supporting your view, you simply change your mind to condemn the idea? Why? Because I had the guts to say it first. You want to shoot it all down so you can bring it up as your idea.

Anyway, thanks to you, the devs have more material to work with for adding more somejerks in the future.

BabooJ1

Feb 12, 2019
Your earlier response is hypocritical. You wrote you would KILL anyone that hurt (family) in any way. Then you say MC's action to protect sister from further harassment (by a simple punch and walking away) is justified. The MC even said himself that he thought walking away was a bad idea. So here I come suggesting the option for the MC not to walk away, but finish the job which supports YOUR view of killing somejerk. Instead of complimenting my suggestion supporting your view, you simply change your mind to condemn the idea? Why? Because I had the guts to say it first. You want to shoot it all down so you can bring it up as your idea.
Games still need to have some realism and would you kill the jerk with all those witness? You would have to kill him and the boyfriend of your girlfriends sister and all in public. So a punch and walk away is all that is left for the MC. Yes, he knows it might not be enough or is just something that could come back and bite him later. Yes, he could have beat the shit out of him at school but then it would mean a whole lot of other trouble.

Anyway, the dice is rolled and let's see if MC actually rolled a 1.

LuvFlatChests

May 11, 2019
I would say that people should stop being such back seat drivers and cut the developper some slack here. Don't bring everybody down. I, for one am enjoying the game. So far so good. I am looking forward to more of this game.
For the most part, I agree with you except where there are bugs, crashes, bad artwork, etc. or when there is
a serious gap in the playability or logic of the game.

Definitely the beating scene at the end of ch1 cannot be ignored and this game is far from finished.
Thanks to all of us we gave the devs material to work with to consider addressing what they could do or look into
past, present, and future about the beating scene. Kudos to all of us.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Back to Life [v0.05.1] [AravaGames]

COMPRESSED PC/MAC

SIZE ~ 131 MB

- -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
font is a little distracting to read and unless i missed it.. character rename could do with being earlier at intro as many people might just assume its a forced MC name unless they see the f95 description

Reactions: BVonkX

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Back to Life [v0.05.1] [AravaGames]

ANDROID

SIZE ~ 135 MB

- -

Test performed on Android 11

CubeD

Aug 1, 2021
It would be nice if the font was optional.
To change it back to default font I edited

gui.rpy:59
gui.rpy:62
gui.rpy:65

to DejaVuSans.ttf that is the font shipped with Renpy located in renpy/common

methusalix55

Jun 16, 2021
Hello
as long as the existing "tags" and maybe also the planned "tags" are specified for a project, every user is free to decide whether he wants to look at it or not.

if there is something in a project that i personally don't like at all / i don't want to see and it's unavoidable, then you should simply distance yourself instead of having pointless and ridiculous discussions that bring absolutely nothing.

every developer has the right to implement and publish exactly what he himself thinks is right, without people being criticized for content that they personally don't want to see.
Giving tips, hints and suggestions is certainly useful and desirable, but wanting to influence projects because you don't like to see something is very inappropriate in my opinion!

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes