Mod Ren'Py Bad Bobby Saga Dark Path [1.2a & 0.15.30 Test Release] [ZipTieFun]

3.80 star(s) 8 Votes

PimbyBoink

Apr 20, 2019
haha , btw does the actual game have sex scene with the mom yet? if not please add a lot more haha
It's not that kind of mod mate :) This game already has 3 subgames, basically people trying to remake the story, changing it, adding some new content etc. And why shouldn't they? The original is such a mess. But the problem with that is that single inexperienced devs making games with no substantial patreon income means exactly one thing, short updates, loooong waits and abandonment after a few months. But hey, maybe I am being too cynical and they'll all succeed? :)

Let's take axeman's effort for example. In my opinion it's the best of the bunch and to get to where it is right now it took years...YEARS!

What I am doing is what someone should've done a long time ago and that is fix the original game so it is at least playable. I thought about doing it before but I always figured that Rainces would get it done sooner or later but he just decided to put out a new update and the bloody game is still a mess which makes me think that he just doesn't have an interest in fixing the game or at least hiring someone to do it for him. Just give the original a try and you'll see what I mean straight away.

Anyone that's played the original knows that the english is really bad, a total mess. Characters say stuff that makes no sense to the story which confuses the player all the time. Then you have grindy stuff which sucks up the fun. Then you have confusing mechanics and repeating events that just get the player lost. Even with the in game walkthrough you don't know what to do in many situations (oh, the curse of the sleeping pills).

Anyway, since Rainces is still working on the game I figured it's worth it to just change some things around in the files to make the game more straightforward so that I can enjoy replaying the game. This task takes a bit of work but it's nothing too crazy. WHAT IS ACTUALLY crazy is having to go through some 60 thousand lines of code to re-rewrite the english. That takes forever.
Well, I am giving it a go. Let's see where it ends up...hope it's worth it.

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
It's not that kind of mod mate :) This game already has 3 subgames, basically people trying to remake the story, changing it, adding some new content etc. And why shouldn't they? The original is such a mess. But the problem with that is that single inexperienced devs making games with no substantial patreon income means exactly one thing, short updates, loooong waits and abandonment after a few months. But hey, maybe I am being too cynical and they'll all succeed? :)

Let's take axeman's effort for example. In my opinion it's the best of the bunch and to get to where it is right now it took years...YEARS!

What I am doing is what someone should've done a long time ago and that is fix the original game so it is at least playable. I thought about doing it before but I always figured that Rainces would get it done sooner or later but he just decided to put out a new update and the bloody game is still a mess which makes me think that he just doesn't have an interest in fixing the game or at least hiring someone to do it for him. Just give the original a try and you'll see what I mean straight away.

Anyone that's played the original knows that the english is really bad, a total mess. Characters say stuff that makes no sense to the story which confuses the player all the time. Then you have grindy stuff which sucks up the fun. Then you have confusing mechanics and repeating events that just get the player lost. Even with the in game walkthrough you don't know what to do in many situations (oh, the curse of the sleeping pills).

Anyway, since Rainces is still working on the game I figured it's worth it to just change some things around in the files to make the game more straightforward so that I can enjoy replaying the game. This task takes a bit of work but it's nothing too crazy. WHAT IS ACTUALLY crazy is having to go through some 60 thousand lines of code to re-rewrite the english. That takes forever.
Concordo com quase tudo o que disseste embora considere que te esticaste um bocadinho. Há desleixo no código, no script e no ingles? Os eventos deviam ser mais consequentes? Certo. O jogo não é assim tão mau ou confuso. Este ultimo update tornou o jogo um pouco mais consistente. Tudo o resto vai do gosto pessoal (grinding, historia,...).

Estás a criar uma versão melhorada? Excelente. A tua ideia é semelhante ao BBS - The return. Mas tens ideia quando vais publica-la? Criticas os devs "inexperientes" que estão a fazer um bom trabalho (mesmo sem dinheiro). Estou para ver se é assim tão diferente contigo...

[ I agree with most you've written but I think you've went a bit over the line. Lazy code, script, renders and spelling? Some troublesome events? Check and check. But the game is not that bad or confusing. It became more solid after this last update and using new saves (yes the walkthrough, icons for girls in the rooms,...). Other issues you've pointed out are merely subjective ones ( grinding, storyline,...).

You're making a better version of it? Great. I've been waiting for that for ages. I believe BBS - the Return is pretty close to want you intend to do though. Don't look down on "inexperienced" devs (I'm not a dev, by the way). It doesn't become you. You're in no position to belittle those great efforts that way. Until you prove otherwise (show us solid work in a consistent fashion), you're just talk (and that's being way worse than those you found fault with). I hope you prove me wrong... ]

Last edited:

ZipTieFun

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2018
Concordo com quase tudo o que disseste embora considere que te esticaste um bocadinho. Há desleixo no código, no script e no ingles? Os eventos deviam ser mais consequentes? Certo. O jogo não é assim tão mau ou confuso. Este ultimo update tornou o jogo um pouco mais consistente. Tudo o resto vai do gosto pessoal (grinding, historia,...).

Estás a criar uma versão melhorada? Excelente. A tua ideia é semelhante ao BBS - The return. Mas tens ideia quando vais publica-la? Criticas os devs "inexperientes" que estão a fazer um bom trabalho (mesmo sem dinheiro). Estou para ver se é assim tão diferente contigo...

[ I agree with most you've written but I think you've went a bit over the line. Lazy code, script, renders and spelling? Some troublesome events? Check and check. But the game is not that bad or confusing. It became more solid after this last update and using new saves (yes the walkthrough, icons for girls in the rooms,...). Other issues you've pointed out are merely subjective ones (the grinding,...).

You're making a better version of it? Great. I've been waiting for that for ages. I believe BBS - the Return is pretty close to want you intend to do though. Don't look down on "inexperienced" devs (I'm not a dev, by the way). It doesn't become you. You're nobody to criticize any of those great efforts. Until you prove otherwise (show us solid work in a consistent fashion), you're just talk (and that's being way worse than those you found fault with). I hope you prove me wrong... ]
@PimbyBoink and @edgaia I happy you too found love there is nothing like a good bromance :) But this thread is for this MOD so if you want to have chat then either get a room or move over to the main RAinces thread. Having different topics will just confuse people just like RAinces Game :) ......

• Haha
Reactions: tonyzz and edgaia

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
@PimbyBoink and @edgaia I happy you too found love there is nothing like a good bromance :) But this thread is for this MOD so if you want to have chat then either get a room or move over to the main RAinces thread. Having different topics will just confuse people just like RAinces Game :) ......
Sê um pouco mais tolerante... Há espaço para tudo e todos. ( E a conversa estava relacionada também com o teu mod ). E quando é que sai o update 2? Isso é que interessa...

[ C'mon man, be more flexible... There's room for everything and everybody ( the discussion was also about your mod - I've seen worse around here... ). What about releasing that 2nd update? That's what matters... ]

ZipTieFun

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2018
Sê um pouco mais tolerante... Há espaço para tudo e todos. ( E a conversa estava relacionada também com o teu mod ). E quando é que sai o update 2? Isso é que interessa...

[ C'mon man, be more flexible... There's room for everything and everybody ( the discussion was also about your mod - I've seen worse around here... ). What about releasing that 2nd update? That's what matters... ]
What 2nd update? Did you not hear this is only a demo not much content :)

• Haha
Reactions: edgaia

tonyzz

May 12, 2019
AHHHH NON GIOCHIAMO col cuore di vecchi appassionati di questo mod..........

su dacci qualche spoiler e soppratutto quest benedetta 2nd uptade :))))

:)

AHHHH WE DO NOT PLAY with the heart of old fans of this mod ..........

on give us some spoilers and especially this blessed 2nd uptade :))))

Reactions: edgaia

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
AHHHH NON GIOCHIAMO col cuore di vecchi appassionati di questo mod..........

su dacci qualche spoiler e soppratutto quest benedetta 2nd uptade :))))

:)

AHHHH WE DO NOT PLAY with the heart of old fans of this mod ..........

on give us some spoilers and especially this blessed 2nd uptade :))))
Adoro o teu post. Italiano. Fantástico...
Quanto ao conteúdo há que deixar o mestre trabalhar... Mas sim também aguardo com muita expectativa.

[ I love your post. Italian. Beautiful...
As for the content let's leave master to his work... But I'm that eager too... ]

Reactions: tonyzz

PimbyBoink

Apr 20, 2019
I tend not to like people getting off topic or just posting stuff asking for updates and such but since this is a forum after all, I am usually a bit more tolerant to the type of content put into a new post.

This thread is all about axeman's mod of bbs. I find it admissable posting about both the mod and bbs as it relates to the mod.

To continue with the two lines of discussion that are driving the thread (while we wait for new updates ;))

1 - Edgaia, you missed everything about my post. First BBs is not trash, it has 7000 renders and plenty of good ideas but it is a big mess. I am sure Don, Summer and Axeman will back me up on this for they are remaking the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also I didn't criticise any dev, I was emphasising the fact that creating new renders, writing new scripts and code takes hours upon hours and of course if the dev is inexperienced it is going to take that dev even longer. The point being that it will take any remake years to get to the level of content in BBS.

And READ THIS BIT VERY CAREFULLY for I don't want to keep repeating it. I salute all devs and all the effort being put into the remakes. I have no wishes to be part of that endeavour. I just mentioned in passing that I was creating a mod (as in I am modifying the original script files) to fix the damn english and well, to try and remove just a repeat here and there so that I can enjoy the game a little better when I decide to replay it (now and when future content is added to it). That's it! It will even be an obsolete mod once the remakes catch up to the current main game but since that's not happening for another year, I thought it would be worth it to do this fixing anyway.

2 - This mod by Axe (or ZipTieFun) is exactly what I would do if I was going to remake the game. Fix the code, get a new UI up and then create the most streamlined version of BBS possible (without the nonsense game stuff like stats and whatever) so that the player can see all of the renders in an easy and thought out way, without repeats. Along the way I'd probably have to create new renders to first fix the bad ones in the original and then to add scenes that make the story a bit more developed. All of this work would take like a year just to get the game to the same place where the original is. That's why you gotta admire all the people willing to do these remakes.
By going through the original script files and slowly trying to re-write the scenes to fix the english I can appreciate fully what Axe is doing. It will take him hours and hours to add the scenes that Rainces has already created. I don't know where he's going to find the motivation for doing all of that work :)

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
I tend not to like people getting off topic or just posting stuff asking for updates and such but since this is a forum after all, I am usually a bit more tolerant to the type of content put into a new post.

This thread is all about axeman's mod of bbs. I find it admissable posting about both the mod and bbs as it relates to the mod.

To continue with the two lines of discussion that are driving the thread (while we wait for new updates ;))

1 - Edgaia, you missed everything about my post. First BBs is not trash, it has 7000 renders and plenty of good ideas but it is a big mess. I am sure Don, Summer and Axeman will back me up on this for they are remaking the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also I didn't criticise any dev, I was emphasising the fact that creating new renders, writing new scripts and code takes hours upon hours and of course if the dev is inexperienced it is going to take that dev even longer. The point being that it will take any remake years to get to the level of content in BBS.

And READ THIS BIT VERY CAREFULLY for I don't want to keep repeating it. I salute all devs and all the effort being put into the remakes. I have no wishes to be part of that endeavour. I just mentioned in passing that I was creating a mod (as in I am modifying the original script files) to fix the damn english and well, to try and remove just a repeat here and there so that I can enjoy the game a little better when I decide to replay it (now and when future content is added to it). That's it! It will even be an obsolete mod once the remakes catch up to the current main game but since that's not happening for another year, I thought it would be worth it to do this fixing anyway.

2 - This mod by Axe (or ZipTieFun) is exactly what I would do if I was going to remake the game. Fix the code, get a new UI up and then create the most streamlined version of BBS possible (without the nonsense game stuff like stats and whatever) so that the player can see all of the renders in an easy and thought out way, without repeats. Along the way I'd probably have to create new renders to first fix the bad ones in the original and then to add scenes that make the story a bit more developed. All of this work would take like a year just to get the game to the same place where the original is. That's why you gotta admire all the people willing to do these remakes.
By going through the original script files and slowly trying to re-write the scenes to fix the english I can appreciate fully what Axe is doing. It will take him hours and hours to add the scenes that Rainces has already created. I don't know where he's going to find the motivation for doing all of that work :)
Apenas exageras um pouco no discurso mesmo que não tenhas essa intenção. Para quê isto tudo? Relaxa que se a tua intençao for boa, iremos compreende-la perfeitamente.

[ I just want you to understand you're coming a bit too strong, even if you don't mean to. Look to this latest post. Couldn't you wrap it up in a few lines...? And the tone? C'mon... I understand your reasoning and you seem to mean well, but chill a bit. Your train of thought will become more enjoyable to follow that way... ]

Last edited:

ZipTieFun

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2018
Hey All,

Just a small update on progress.

Lucy's Exam Events
I am nearly finish redoing Lucy's exam test event and currently rendering out the College scenes as well.
I have added an option to change Lucy's clothes when you are asking her exam questions (cheerleader?).

College Events
Add in new character call the "school groundskeeper" as you need to help him in order to get the exam papers.

Liza Mike Event
Added in Breaking into Mike house and scene with Vicki (I might change the Model and make it more hardcore :devilish:)

Backyard Pool Event
Added the option to buy the pool and put in the backyard.

and a bunch of random events around the house..

lucy_exam_02.png
1636478151720.png

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
Hey All,

Just a small update on progress.

Lucy's Exam Events
I am nearly finish redoing Lucy's exam test event and currently rendering out the College scenes as well.
I have added an option to change Lucy's clothes when you are asking her exam questions (cheerleader?).

College Events
Add in new character call the "school groundskeeper" as you need to help him in order to get the exam papers.

Liza Mike Event
Added in Breaking into Mike house and scene with Vicki (I might change the Model and make it more hardcore :devilish:)

Backyard Pool Event
Added the option to buy the pool and put in the backyard.

and a bunch of random events around the house..

View attachment 1492698
View attachment 1492708
Venha...

[Can't wait...]

Reactions: tonyzz

ZipTieFun

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2018
I'm just curious ZipTieFun , do u have a list of the scenes in the original so as to keep track of what there's still left to add?
Yes I have a master list with all the events that gets triggered. I have flagged all the unfinished scenes and also I merged a lot of scenes in to one event . So you are only looking at about 30 to 40ish scenes overall once you do a bit of cleaning.

1636484645226.png

rider2033

Dec 31, 2019

I'm sure you'll get a good result and thanks for sharing your insight. Best of luck with your project.

3.80 star(s) 8 Votes