3.30 star(s) 29 Votes

jan.spam

Mar 30, 2018
I really do not get why Zip always does this. Promising that the update is soo close, then he even throws some dates around but ultimately he misses them by weeks and goes radio silent in the process/or offers absurd explanations - pissing off Patreons and pirates alike. He was even beaten by Rainess in this BB Dev turtle race to an update.

He creates so much expectations and then these turns into frustration, leading to leaving Patreons (such as myself and many others) which in consequence reduces his pay and de-incentivses him to do more on the game.

If your goal as a Dev was to reduce you Patreonage income while simultaneously increasing anger on pirates sites, to receive some bad reviews so that future players might turn elsewhere there really is no better way.

Qalx

Sep 29, 2022
If

If he was consistent, if he didn't lack so much respect for those who "support" him, it wouldn't bother me as much, But i won't be paying another dime, I'm done with it.
...as consistent as a piece of chocolate on the sidewalk on a sunny summer day... :D
BTW,... usually is Thursday when he would post something about the future update...

Last edited:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
...If he was consistent....
What the fuck do you mean "IF he was consistent", AFAIK he is extremely consistent, to date he has missed every single deadline he has presented (that I'm aware off)... you can't get more consistent than 100%.
Like the halfwits bleating on and on about "lies", most likely explanation is life happens (maybe the Pub happens), after he has recovered from his hangover, he thinks "fuck I was supposed to do something last weekend, I'll do it this weekend"... then life happens again.

Simple fact is when a pattern of behavior has been established only idiots are shocked when it continues. The update will come when it comes... or it won't.

Last edited:

MikeD13

Aug 12, 2017
What the fuck do you mean "IF he was consistent", AFAIK he is extremely consistent, to date he has missed every single deadline he has presented (that I'm aware off)... you can't get more consistent than 100%.
Like the halfwits bleating on and on about "lies", most likely explanation is life happens (maybe the Pub happens), after he has recovered from his hangover, he thinks "fuck I was supposed to do something last weekend, I'll do it this weekend... then life happens again"

Simple fact is when a pattern of behavior has been established only idiots are shocked when it continues. The update will come when it comes... or it won't.
I agree! Once Zip announces a release date I take it an indication that I should not expect the update by then and most likely not even by the following week :) sad but true

• Haha
Reactions: Niboowin and edgaia

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
Like the halfwits bleating on and on about "lies", most likely explanation is life happens (maybe the Pub happens), after he has recovered from his hangover, he thinks "fuck I was supposed to do something last weekend, I'll do it this weekend"... then life happens again.

Assim sendo porque não acabar com as mentiras...

# People should know better by now? They do. Nobody was "shocked". He is extremely consistent (in braking promises) - your words - so just sit back and passively take it (that disrespectful pattern of behavior)? Who's the idiot now? :LOL:

(A post explaining life happened only takes 20s. Internet went down again? Still siding with him? Why wouldn't you?? bah bah)

Last edited:
Reactions: hang97 and Niboowin
Oct 26, 2022
Like the halfwits bleating on and on about "lies", most likely explanation is life happens (maybe the Pub happens), after he has recovered from his hangover, he thinks "fuck I was supposed to do something last weekend, I'll do it this weekend"... then life happens again. Simple fact is when a pattern of behavior has been established only idiots are shocked when it continues. The update will come when it comes... or it won't.
1.gif
This is the realest shit I've ever read in this thread.

Scotty1212

Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Maybe deep inside his guts, he knows people are getting pissed off (patreons) and as soon as he release the update, they will unsubscribe. I did unsubscribe and not gonna renew any time soon. Only when the game is completed or major update. Good devs deserve monetary support, as it costs time, life, away from family, children, freinds, buying assests, or hiring a freelancer gfx designer, ... So... My 10cents... But, if dev is not good at keeping dates, promisses... Well... Its your money...

zedascove

Jul 13, 2018
That's the longest upload I've ever seen.

If he has no intention of releasing it anytime soon, why post about it? It does him more harm than good, because he's not getting new patrons until he's released the update, and by doing that he's actually risking losing supporters.

Unless he really got ill or something bad happened, it makes no sense at all.

x3ethx

Apr 21, 2019
Unless he really got ill or something bad happened, it makes no sense at all.
It makes sense when you consider that RAinces did an update. I can't imagine the backlash if he said nothing, better to keep the patrons hopeful and keep pushing back dates.

• Haha
Reactions: Niboowin

Niboowin

Jun 30, 2019

Damn, you're right, in that aspect, He's been consistent af! I stand corrected

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jan^s and rdmsvg

tonyzz

May 12, 2019
all opinion are correct but anyway (or what zip say '' anyhooo '' )
one can complain or criticize as much as you want but every time this happens the patreons increase ^^.
Zip delay or have problem and patreon increase ...

Sid01

Apr 8, 2018
all opinion are correct but anyway (or what zip say '' anyhooo '' )
one can complain or criticize as much as you want but every time this happens the patreons increase ^^.
Zip delay or have problem and patreon increase ...
You're right. Raince has plenty of customers for him, so there is no point in rushing the release.

3.30 star(s) 29 Votes