3.30 star(s) 29 Votes

drawntogetha

Jul 9, 2020
I think Zip would be better off being less vocal regarding the delivery dates. Either he says exactly what he does, e.g. "I am uploading the version or I am writing the tests" or don't promise anything at all. Approach of giving a projected date with a promise of release while things are still in development is very naive way of working. If he can't maintain his own pace to such a date it backfires hard onto his own reputation. So why shoot yourself in a foot like this? He can't handle the pressure and feels like saying something just to be visible on the platform? There surely must be safer things to say instead of giving dates out of a hat.

MikeD13

Aug 12, 2017
I think Zip would be better off being less vocal regarding the delivery dates. Either he says exactly what he does, e.g. "I am uploading the version or I am writing the tests" or don't promise anything at all. Approach of giving a projected date with a promise of release while things are still in development is very naive way of working. If he can't maintain his own pace to such a date it backfires hard onto his own reputation. So why shoot yourself in a foot like this? He can't handle the pressure and feels like saying something just to be visible on the platform? There surely must be safer things to say instead of giving dates out of a hat.
Either he is promising something that he hopes to fullfill but fails to do so… this is being delusional or he intentionaly promises something that he does not intend to do… what makes him milking lair… both scenarios makes a solid case for people to stop their support, yet his income is rock solid, does not matter what he does or does not…it seems his fans are true believers in miracles

Sid01

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you. I appreciate the complement.
You see I have this thing called "perspective". As in what's important and what's not.
It's goes hand in hand with being an adult. Not some raging incel.

Real Life/Real Problems > Crying over game I masturbate to
Hahah, how do you know who has what perspective? Do you judge his whole life when someone complains? Get a grip, man, and distance yourself from what others write.

Reactions: titit and Jarul

Achilicheese

Jan 22, 2021
I'll agree that American Gothic misused the word "pirate" for this thread, but that's Semantics, you think it's more palatable that a bunch of entitled beggars are constantly whining about their free thing taking too long? Constant spam that makes it hard to discover any real news and disincentives any further development?

There are no pirates here, just a gaggle of toxic children throwing tantrums.
You're assuming that we are getting it for free , but have you ever considered some of us are doners ? Or did that slipped your mind.

Reactions: yrban7477

lurkathon

Donor
Jan 2, 2020
Donating isn't buying
I agree with this. To me donating/subscribing is just a kind of encouragement you can give to a dev. Sometimes more impactful, (low patron count) sometimes not so much, (higher patron count) but it's in the same boat as complimenting good aspects of a game or giving constructive criticism.
Makes me sad to see when some devs are treated like a vending machine, people put money in then kick and and scream and hit it when a 'candy bar' doesn't fall out immediately.

Achilicheese

Jan 22, 2021
I'm not assuming shit, Donate as much as you like, you are still getting it for free, Donating isn't buying
I get that donating isn't buying, but that doesn't make it any less money. I'm not saying people should complain constantly. but if a dev announces a date, they should deliver, otherwise it just makes their words untrust worthy.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I get that donating isn't buying, but that doesn't make it any less money. I'm not saying people should complain constantly. but if a dev announces a date, they should deliver, otherwise it just makes their words untrust worthy.
And the loop continues #4,858
And Bud stop trying to change the goal posts, if you don't like the way he does things... don't donate! it's that simple.
You can't claim he has defrauded you by failing to hit his deadlines when the product is free and there is nothing stopping you from donating AFTER he has produced the goods.

Last edited:

Achilicheese

Jan 22, 2021
And the loop continues #4,858
And Bud stop trying to change the goal posts, if you don't like the way he does things... don't donate! it's that simple.
You can't claim he has defrauded you by failing to hit his deadlines when the product is free and there is nothing stopping you from donating AFTER he has produced the goods.
So , you have a problem when people get something for free . But you also complain when we pay him ? which one is it ?

You see, let me lay down the logic .

When devs make deadlines it inspires people to start donating , again. If they have a setback / delay once or twice it fine. but when they have it constantly it’s called milking. Because they pulling hoping to squeeze out a little bit more each time.

edit : not say zip is a milker , but we should remind him not to even think about trying.

3.30 star(s) 29 Votes