Mod Ren'Py Bad Bobby Saga Dark Path [1.2a & 0.15.30 Test Release] [ZipTieFun]

3.80 star(s) 8 Votes

Sesinho

Jan 3, 2020
Any idea when the "Taboo" mode will work? Cause Its still miss Anna, and "roommate" most of the time. Its kind of stupid that you can not stare at your roommate's ass... Its my roommate!

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
Any idea when the "Taboo" mode will work? Cause Its still miss Anna, and "roommate" most of the time. Its kind of stupid that you can not stare at your roommate's ass... Its my roommate!
You must prescribe each character's marital status: mom, sister, sister, sister, only then will it work

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Nope, still broken
I did a real ghetto edit to the script.rpy file. I'm too drunk and lazy to try and debug it (Not to mention - I am not a coder!) so I just changed the variables to what I wanted. (Of Course, the first thing I did was back-up the script.rpy file somewhere safe!)

First, at the beginning of the script file, I changed the definitions for Anna and the MC.

From this...

Code:
define m = Character("m_name", color="#EFC6E1", dynamic=True)
define b = Character("Bob")
to this...

Code:
define m = Character("Mom", color="#EFC6E1", dynamic=True)
define b = Character("Your Choice")

Next, in two areas near the beginning of the file is this code to define Taboo mode...

Code:
    init python:
        game = MultiPersistent("BadBrotherSaga")
        def set_taboo( status = False ):
            game.is_taboo = status
            game.save()
        if game.is_taboo:
            m_name = "Mom"
            roommate = "sister"
            bro = "brother"
            son = "son"
            sis = "sis"
        else:
            m_name = "Ms. Anna"
            roommate = "roommate"
            bro = "roommate"
            son = "roommate"
            sis = "roommate"

I just changed it to ...

Code:
    init python:
            game.is_taboo = status
            game.save()
        if game.is_taboo:
            m_name = "Mom"
            roommate = "sister"
            bro = "brother"
            son = "son"
            sis = "sis"
        else:
            m_name = "Mom"
            roommate = "sister"
            bro = "brother"
            son = "son"
            sis = "sis"

Then I did a Find & Replace of all instances of "m_name" to "m".

Finally, I searched for any text "Bobby" and changed it to the name I picked for the MC.

Seems to be good in the 5 mins I tested it so far. I'm sure there's probably some shit this won't cover but it seems to fix the dialogue, the text box labels and other, non-variabled scripts (such as the " do this, Bobby do that..."). It's basically hard coding over anything you pick when you start a new game, so it's not a fix... just a "band-aid" .. plus I hated being forced to play the MC with the name Bobby. Ugg!

EDIT: I see that there's all sorts of separate rpy files with their own scripts. So I've been manually just replacing all the instances of Bobby, m_name, roommate, etc with what I want. It's very dirty and a shame to the code, but it works.. lol. I used to make websites in HTML using nothing but a simple text editor.

I got to say though, the dialogue is cringe worthy. So many typing and grammar errors!

Last edited:
Reactions: AshramAscendant

snarkster1558

Feb 27, 2019
I did a real ghetto edit to the script.rpy file. I'm too drunk and lazy to try and debug it (Not to mention - I am not a coder!) so I just changed the variables to what I wanted. (Of Course, the first thing I did was back-up the script.rpy file somewhere safe!)

First, at the beginning of the script file, I changed the definitions for Anna and the MC.

From this...

Code:
define m = Character("m_name", color="#EFC6E1", dynamic=True)
define b = Character("Bob")
to this...

Code:
define m = Character("Mom", color="#EFC6E1", dynamic=True)
define b = Character("Your Choice")

Next, in two areas near the beginning of the file is this code to define Taboo mode...

Code:
    init python:
            game.is_taboo = status
            game.save()
        if game.is_taboo:
            m_name = "Mom"
            roommate = "sister"
            bro = "brother"
            son = "son"
            sis = "sis"
        else:
            m_name = "Ms. Anna"
            roommate = "roommate"
            bro = "roommate"
            son = "roommate"
            sis = "roommate"

I just changed it to ...

Code:
    init python:
            game.is_taboo = status
            game.save()
        if game.is_taboo:
            m_name = "Mom"
            roommate = "sister"
            bro = "brother"
            son = "son"
            sis = "sis"
        else:
            m_name = "Mom"
            roommate = "sister"
            bro = "brother"
            son = "son"
            sis = "sis"

Then I did a Find & Replace of all instances of "m_name" to "m".

Finally, I searched for any text "Bobby" and changed it to the name I picked for the MC.

Seems to be good in the 5 mins I tested it so far. I'm sure there's probably some shit this won't cover but it seems to fix the dialogue, the text box labels and other, non-variabled scripts (such as the " do this, Bobby do that..."). It's basically hard coding over anything you pick when you start a new game, so it's not a fix... just a "band-aid" .. plus I hated being forced to play the MC with the name Bobby. Ugg!

EDIT: I see that there's all sorts of separate rpy files with their own scripts. So I've been manually just replacing all the instances of Bobby, m_name, roommate, etc with what I want. It's very dirty and a shame to the code, but it works.. lol. I used to make websites in HTML using nothing but a simple text editor.

I got to say though, the dialogue is cringe worthy. So many typing and grammar errors!
Hnmmm...followed your lead here and edited the script.rpy file (including "Find/Replace"). Seemed pretty straight forward, but when I go to start a new game, I get to the Patreon/SubscribeStar screen and then just a blank black screen. Any ideas where I f'd up?

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Hnmmm...followed your lead here and edited the script.rpy file (including "Find/Replace"). Seemed pretty straight forward, but when I go to start a new game, I get to the Patreon/SubscribeStar screen and then just a blank black screen. Any ideas where I f'd up?

When you do a Find and Replace, make sure you have case sensitive checked and only replace the exact text. So, "Bobby" is pretty easy as it's only used in dialogue. But "bob" is part of a whole bunch of variables, so don't change that. Instead look for and replace "Bob" with case sensitive checked.

I also found a bunch of instances where "roommate" was inserted in dialogue and I've just been changing them to "sister".

If you have everything backed up, just copy the original back over your edited one and try again. Do it in stages, so you can isolate where you might have screwed it up.

I actually like playing with this. I'm getting kind of interested in maybe making a game myself and Ren'py seems pretty straight forward. I've only ever done websites in html, css, java, etc... so it will be new to me.

I have to say though... I could spend a week straight, just fixing the misspellings, typos and grammar. I think there's a glaring one right on the introductory screen.... let's see... yep! First fucking screen, lol!

screen.jpg

Reactions: NoiT89

ZipTieFun

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2018
Release of Update 1 -- 21/10/2021

This update has new remastered scenes and also I am using the old model for Jenny for the time been.

Ms. Anna Dream scene updated.

"Bobby Todo List" Is the in game hint system.

"Liza Sleeping scene" has been extended.

All new remastered scenes can be found in the "image gallery" so if I update more scenes you can find them there with extra content so you do not need to replay the earlier part of the game.

Updated interface for the house / map and store.

Updated the store thief mini game.
screen_06.png

The next updates will be more about content and completing scenes which were not finished off and still have not been finished in the latest version :).

The first update 1 is now ready for download you can here:

3.80 star(s) 8 Votes