VN Ren'Py Abandoned Bad Education [Ep.3] [Wicked Games Studio]

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes

JR81

Feb 28, 2017
Because there is a Windows and Mac version inside.
You download games with .exe files from a pirate site, but have a problem with a patch containing one text file? :)
Yeah, that might have something to do with the fact that other patches don't create these "false" positives.
Also your attitude doesn't help. Skipped (n)

ralik2

Aug 24, 2021
Yeah, that might have something to do with the fact that other patches don't create these "false" positives.
Also your attitude doesn't help. Skipped (n)
Please show the screen! I checked with two antivirus programs on two different computers and this patch didn't "create false positives". This patch is just a text file created with the Ren'Py editor. There is no virus there.

In your opinion false accusations are ok?

JR81

Feb 28, 2017
Please show the screen! I checked with two antivirus programs on two different computers and this patch didn't "create false positives". This patch is just a text file created with the Ren'Py editor. There is no virus there.

In your opinion false accusations are ok?
Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml is what I get from Windows Defender.
I hardly think that is a false accusation. It might be a false positive sure, but I am not taking any chances, considering I have never had anything similar happen from any other patch or Ren'Py release.

ralik2

Aug 24, 2021
Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml is what I get from Windows Defender.
I hardly think that is a false accusation. It might be a false positive sure, but I am not taking any chances, considering I have never had anything similar happen from any other patch or Ren'Py release.
Please show the screen.

Salami Pasta

Apr 4, 2020
Thank you. I will try to find out what is wrong. But only Windows Defender detects these threats. Malwarebytes, 360 Total Security and Adwcleaner didn't find anything.
Try changing file container (zip, 7z, ..).
Could also post plain text patch contents.
May be useful:

ralik2

Aug 24, 2021
Try changing file container (zip, 7z, ..).
Could also post plain text patch contents.
May be useful:
Thanks. I used this scanner, only Microsoft detects my patch as virus. Maybe Microsoft doesn't like incest content ;)

tr.png

I reupload the patch. Now it is a single text file, no RAR. I hope this will solve your problem.

Reactions: Salami Pasta

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Because the antivirus is on your computer, the dev can't do anything about what's on your computer, I am not been nasty or awkward, just trying to offer a suggestion that would help you
I was a programmer for 35 years; yep mainframes to PC's. When you delivered an application you made sure it worked or maybe I am just old fashioned as in "who gives a fuck" these days.

ralik2

Aug 24, 2021
I was a programmer for 35 years; yep mainframes to PC's. When you delivered an application you made sure it worked or maybe I am just old fashioned as in "who gives a fuck" these days.
Okay, sorry, it's my fault. I don't use Windows Defender and had no idea this antivirus was detecting my patch as a virus. No other AV detects the threat, but it doesn't matter, I don't recommend creating any exceptions in the antivirus program. Even though Windows Defender is well known for detecting false positives.

I changed the patch, now there should be no problems.

Draguh

Nov 20, 2019
Loved it, the font style is not the smoothest on the eyes but i like the rest. Change the font and if possible add some animations you got a really good project here.

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Loved it, the font style is not the smoothest on the eyes but i like the rest. Change the font and if possible add some animations you got a really good project here.
You can change the font yourself with shift-A. Change font size and line spacing. I do it all the time.

Reactions: dokodesuka
3.50 star(s) 4 Votes