recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
3-4 months schedule is pretty much the standard time for most games around here. Maybe try to inform yourself a bit next time.

So when is the update? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
When he'll freezes, oil prices drop below zero, and we have a world wide pandemic! Harrharr, of course this will never happen...
...oh wait, shit! :oops:
*Gets back to rendering*

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
recreation
You've heard this a bajillion times already but you're a bad person!
I still love Ellie as much as I did when the game first came out :)

First a fake cliffhanger and then a real one..? You're such a tease.
At times the story is serious and at other times silly.
An example of seriousness:
Just about anything involving Rachel.
An example of silly:
Depicting Ellie faceplanting the table completely smashed.
I wonder if Jada's really THAT good of a friend.

I never thought I'd say this but Katherine's become interesting!
Making Ellie having such an expressive face makes it so it's not too hard to imagine what would come out of her mouth. It's actually very endearing.

Hmm... a practically naked Jada got kicked out and knocks on my window.
"Incoming cliffhanger!"
"Yeah yeah, you said that last time."
"That's the end of the content in this version!"
"Nooooooooo what about my date with Hanna?"
"Oh well, at least I get Jada boobs."

I'm glad that CJ didn't turn out to be overtly creepy like a lot of other bosses in games of this sort.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
recreation
You've heard this a bajillion times already but you're a bad person!
I still love Ellie as much as I did when the game first came out :)

First a fake cliffhanger and then a real one..? You're such a tease.
At times the story is serious and at other times silly.
An example of seriousness:
Just about anything involving Rachel.
An example of silly:
Depicting Ellie faceplanting the table completely smashed.
I wonder if Jada's really THAT good of a friend.

I never thought I'd say this but Katherine's become interesting!
Making Ellie having such an expressive face makes it so it's not too hard to imagine what would come out of her mouth. It's actually very endearing.

Hmm... a practically naked Jada got kicked out and knocks on my window.
"Incoming cliffhanger!"
"Yeah yeah, you said that last time."
"That's the end of the content in this version!"
"Nooooooooo what about my date with Hanna?"
"Oh well, at least I get Jada boobs."

I'm glad that CJ didn't turn out to be overtly creepy like a lot of other bosses in games of this sort.
Thanks for this post. You made my day AND reassured me in my evil path^^

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
hmmm came here from Love of Magic ads, when there will be an update ????

p.s. just teasing I read the previous messages :ROFLMAO:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
hmmm came here from Love of Magic ads, when there will be an update ????

p.s. just teasing I read the previous messages :ROFLMAO:
Ads? There are ads in LoM? :poop:
Thx Droid Productions btw!
If you haven't played his game yet, go check it out. It's not your usual avn mishmash. I haven't had the time to play it yet, but I've heard (and seen) good stuff about it, and I know he's putting a lot of love in it ;)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Ads? There are ads in LoM? :poop:
Thx Droid Productions btw!
If you haven't played his game yet, go check it out. It's not your usual avn mishmash. I haven't had the time to play it yet, but I've heard (and seen) good stuff about it, and I know he's putting a lot of love in it ;)
If you didn't know, in LoM after the player gets to his new home, he has a laptop he can boot up to do things, like playing games which is where he puts friend's games, it is a couple of images and some text, then it ends and mentions the patreon of the games, etc.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
If you didn't know, in LoM after the player gets to his new home, he has a laptop he can boot up to do things, like playing games which is where he puts friend's games, it is a couple of images and some text, then it ends and mentions the patreon of the games, etc.
He was asking me for a scene to put in there, so yeah, I did know about it^^

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
(If anyone was curious, that's how it looks ;D )

It was a fun scene to do, since it's some inception levels worth of recursion (you're looking at a video, of a player is playing a game, where the character is playing a game, about a game character that's playing a game, while the hot girlfriend is watching him play it).

View attachment 2020-04-23 14-32-54.mp4

Feb 29, 2020
When he'll freezes, oil prices drop below zero, and we have a world wide pandemic! Harrharr, of course this will never happen...
...oh wait, shit! :oops:
*Gets back to rendering*
He's right you know. Most games update every 3-4 months. Granted most of those games also suck and look like they were made and written by a Junior High Schooler while drunk and having pounding one out to Deedee On Dexters Laboratory.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
He's right you know. Most games update every 3-4 months. Granted most of those games also suck and look like they were made and written by a Junior High Schooler while drunk and having pounding one out to Deedee On Dexters Laboratory.
There were times when basically everyone released every month... I wasn't really able to push updates out that fast from the beginning.
Well, I know some of the devs started to burn out. I heard that much, but I didn't really know that 3-4 months is normal now^^

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
There were times when basically everyone released every month... I wasn't really able to push updates out that fast from the beginning.
Well, I know some of the devs started to burn out. I heard that much, but I didn't really know that 3-4 months is normal now^^
Between 2 to 4 months is what most devs seem to have settled on.

Some tried to do weekly which of course unless you are doing this as a full time job and have multiple super rigs is gonna not work out.

Then some do once a month but still that requires some real dedication and production equipment. It also lead to people who didn't have a game fleshed out via story and story boarding to start randomly making stuff up on the spot and that caused consistency problems, people get mad, they burn out.

Then moved onto 2 to 4 months, of course the longer you wait the more people expect. Not naming names or comparing, but once you hit like a 6 months time frame, you should probably be putting out a quarter of the finished game that next update.

Anyways, you are the dev and you should take the time it needs to make your vision complete.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
One update per quarter is quite common for the established/sensible devs who want to drop updates of a reasonable size, Philly, PinkCake, Motzkeys, all of them operate in that sort of timeframe which makes a lot of sense, more time to recover from a setback that way without working hand to mouth and burning out.

In my experience it's not the time between the updates that count so much as quality and consistency, that's why Philly and Belle stand out as good devs IMO.

4.40 star(s) 204 Votes