Ren'Py BadSantaGirl's Android porting corner

badsantagirl

Apr 22, 2018
To badsantagirl:
I've only played the initial hunting mission and the hunting mechanism is alright. Its a bit fast but working like a charm.
Secondly, there is a problem with text as it is only visible if you turn the brightness above 50% in my device. I mean you can see the text at a lower brightness but you can't quite make out what is written as it seems to fade into the background. So if you could do something for that it'd be a great help if not then also thanks.
Lastly the game is a lot less laggy and works very smooth. However I'm still confused about the save that you wanted, I wanted to know what kind of save you want.
If the hunting works, I don't need the save. :)

For your text problem... I can do some outline changes, or the original solution is to get back the textbox. Which would you prefer?

D

Deleted member 2014685

For your text problem... I can do some outline changes, or the original solution is to get back the textbox. Which would you prefer?
Whichever is easier I just want the text to be readable.
There is however one thing that I wanted to know that the guy in the armoury is interactable or not as the last pipe in the bathroom task is somehow with him and I cannot interact with him.

D

Deleted member 2014685

A big thanks to you for this.

badsantagirl

Apr 22, 2018
Whichever is easier I just want the text to be readable.
There is however one thing that I wanted to know that the guy in the armoury is interactable or not as the last pipe in the bathroom task is somehow with him and I cannot interact with him.
The complexity is the same. Right now the namebox and the textbox just disabled in the code, and I added a default outline for the text. It doesn't really matter to me which code I change, this is roughly a minute of work. Probably the ultimate solution is to get back the textbox, but some gamers just don't like it.

I didn't change the main game code. So if that guy is not interactable, and he should be, than this is a bug in the game itself. :) My problem is, that I didn't ever played this game, so I don't saw how it works, and it looks complex, that's why I asked so much questions. Most games don't have this kind of complexity, so it is easier to read from the code, and I understand what is happening, even if I didn't played the app.

D

Deleted member 2014685

The complexity is the same. Right now the namebox and the textbox just disabled in the code, and I added a default outline for the text. It doesn't really matter to me which code I change, this is roughly a minute of work. Probably the ultimate solution is to get back the textbox, but some gamers just don't like it.

I didn't change the main game code. So if that guy is not interactable, and he should be, than this is a bug in the game itself. :) My problem is, that I didn't ever played this game, so I don't saw how it works, and it looks complex, that's why I asked so much questions. Most games don't have this kind of complexity, so it is easier to read from the code, and I understand what is happening, even if I didn't played the app.
Well then I suppose the textbox will be a better option visually.
P.S. I got the pipe thing figured out. The game has a bug and you have to do it a specific way for it to work

Last edited by a moderator:

badsantagirl

Apr 22, 2018
Finally I had some times for my favorite perverts.:ROFLMAO:

Mother Load v0.1a + patch

Compressed (balanced quality). Transparent textbox. Hide button added.

Download:

badsantagirl

Apr 22, 2018
My Cute Cousin v1.6.1 EX beta + patch + Replay Mod

Compressed (somewhat balanced quality). Hide button added with quick button changes. The UI is optimized for touch, so easy access to the invertory (this was a huge problem with the original version). This port is optimized for entry level Android devices, but it needs Android 5.0 or better. A lot of code is changed to get smooth result with the underlying format changes. For example, every video is 720p now with VP8, but the code is designed to view these with 1080p interface, and this is true for the latest updates, where the label system was changed. These codes are also use upscale now.

Overall, the new port works much faster than the original, and the difference is very-very noticable on a device with 1 GB system RAM. The save function may take time, several seconds, so don't worry the game didn't freeze, it will do the save, just wait patiently.

Download:

Port updated!

Last edited:

dasitchies

Jun 11, 2017

Compressed (somewhat balanced quality). Hide button added with quick button changes. The UI is optimized for touch, so easy access to the invertory (this was a huge problem with the original version). This port is optimized for entry level Android devices, but it needs Android 5.0 or better. A lot of code is changed to get smooth result with the underlying format changes. For example, every video is 720p now with VP8, but the code is designed to view these with 1080p interface, and this is true for the latest updates, where the label system was changed. These codes are also use upscale now.

Overall, the new port works much faster than the original, and the difference is very-very noticable on a device with 1 GB system RAM. The save function may take time, several seconds, so don't worry the game didn't freeze, it will do the save, just wait it patiently.

Download:
ALL HAIL BADSANTAGIRL

dasitchies

Jun 11, 2017
Milfy City 0.6d + patch + touch optimized pool minigame

Compressed (balanced quality). Hide button added. Transparent textbox with outline change. The animations was encoded to get smooth playback on most mobile devices. The game has a huge amount of script files, so it will load very slowly.

Download: MEGA
Is there any possibility of reposting this great one?

badsantagirl

Apr 22, 2018

Overall, the new port works much faster than the original, and the difference is very-very noticable on a device with 1 GB system RAM. The save function may take time, several seconds, so don't worry the game didn't freeze, it will do the save, just wait patiently.
So, I made some fix for this port. Well, this is a huge game, and modifying a lot of codes, will lead some bugs. Sorry for that. An updated version is ready on the link above.

Last edited:

badsantagirl

Apr 22, 2018

Download:
Another day, another fix. This time I'm further optimized the performance. Don't hope for miracles, but it's better. An updated version is ready on the link above.

Reactions: LordRascal

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
Both games requires some big code change to get it work on Android. I don't have time for that with the two kids. Sorry.
There is currenty a build for android of superpowered on its first post, but not the mod that makes it playable, 'radioactive' i think.

Could you look at an android port again? With mods.
Spear1403 did them before he melted.

I thought you might have time as this is off peak toy making.
I heard it is getting quite warm up there. Are you causing that? Send pics.

badsantagirl

Apr 22, 2018
The Awakening v0.3.4 + patch + In-Game mod

Compressed (somewhat balanced quality). Hide button added with quick button changes. The UI is changed a little bit.
The original port was laggy, so I profiled it, and recompressed every content. The underlying problem was the big memory usage, and not the code itself. Normally a tipical Renpy game don't have voice-overs, but this has, and the images are almost the same size like a voice file. So every voiced scene is incredibly hard for an Android device in Renpy, because most phones and tablets don't have more than 1 GB memory, and even if they, the memory allocation subsystem in the OS is rubbish (the kernel functions can eat up 600 MB, which is a joke on it's own, but the real problem is how fragmented the memory is, so even if the kernel eat up 600 MB, the real memory usage is just ~450 MB). This is why the picture and sound quality of this port is lower than it used to be, because small contents can be managed better by the OS. So the only way to fix this is cutting out the voice-overs.

Download:

Last edited:

dasitchies

Jun 11, 2017
Dear mighty one, it might be a bit of a pain but is there any way possible that you could pour Battle of the bulges and apocalypse there are ports that exist but they don't run very well. for some reason and I'm not certain why perhaps it is your genius your ports run so much better than others. I don't know if you can get into it but if you could I would appreciate it and let us know if there's any way we can support you. Thank you

Tweaty

Sep 17, 2019
Can port a compressed version of Being a Dik v5.2 for android, with the touchscreen for fighting minigames in it fixed, n actually working please?

N if possible, if it's not to much to ask, could u also include both the cheats/walkthrough with it??
Please, n thank u!!!