BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I played the latest version a lot of times to test it and if you stick to the walkthrough, you will have no problems.
Of course this is not satisfying, thats why i will another (minor) rework of the GUI and
and I'm trying to make the gameplay more flexible now. To do this I will break up the rigid daily schedule so that missed events can be made up on other days and there will be notifications in the game. The new system will probably start from the time after Tiny Charles leaves the hideout, because that's when the new sideplots will be added.
If the old savegames can still be used, I don't know yet, but if so I will provide savegames for this.
This is of course a bit annoying, because it will be a bit more time-consuming for me, but I think it is the best way.

• Angry
Reactions: Hartigan and Reifon

Bakkis15

Donor
Jan 27, 2018
Well; I can't get past day 25. Nothing to do in the house, only option is to work and this happens:
'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'webcamroom0'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/phone_script.rpyc", line 64, in script call
����?b���xT�g�J� w��p-��&�7}�M:�#�
File "game/scripts/vn_job.rpyc", line 44, in script
File "F:\BangCity-pc\BangCity007-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1633, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "F:\BangCity-pc\BangCity007-pc\renpy\script.py", line 875, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'webcamroom0'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
BangCity VN 0.07
Wed May 06 00:22:55 2020

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
IDK, I like this game as silly fun, but all this talk about curing someone from being gay and that from a sexual therapist, that just feels weird and really ignorant.

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
I
How you did ?

Edit : ok problem solved too, i did "back" for to be in the basement. I rode the book and i could continue the story without bug.
It wasn't a bug. I just missed a thing (day 36 visiting linda)

Tobeadragon

Jul 14, 2019
used this save... i click on the house nothing happen in every room, i click on the play on and theres no option wtf this game

IN THE HOUSE ALSO NOTHING HAPPEN WHEN I CLICK IN THE ROOMS, THE OLD HUD WAS BETTER :(

View attachment 642274
I have the same issue. I can't do anything when I reached this. Any solution? It had happened already at v.0.06. with v.0.07 still doesn't work.

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Freaking enjoyed the ride from beginning to end. Great writing decent renders... Did my first run using the guide.. Crashing shortly and winging it through a second run starting tomorrow. Can't wait to see more updates.. Usually I try to break stuff down a little bit.. but hey not this time.. I'm basking in the glow of satisfaction. Easy 6.5/10 and expecting that to go up as I see more.

Exempt.

Dec 2, 2019
First off. Great job on the game so far. It's nice that its a slow build with the mom. Does her having the affair slow the progress with the MC? Is there something that shows the gang girls stats based on who gets money or if Linda splits evenly or not?

I feel like it would make sense story wise to have the mom start doing her sex therapy again with the MC setting it up through a web cam. Like private shows/actual therapy that allows for some anonymity that would allow her to make more money and get away from the job that she not only over qualified for but also dislikes. She might even want to show her appreciation.

On a side note... Why wouldn't MC just call the cops on Tiny? He knows where they are, he could go there make sure they are there and call on his cell phone so he knows they are getting caught. He could even do something with the gun ahead of time or plant it somewhere in/near the house to get him in more trouble. Also don't know why he didn't follow the chick he paid for Charles each week to find where they were much earlier.

Thanks again. You're doing great work.

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Does her having the affair slow the progress with the MC?
No, the affair is only meant to show she is open minded towards young men.

Is there something that shows the gang girls stats based on who gets money or if Linda splits evenly or not?
Not yet. The stat-system for the gang-bitches is mainly meant to be an engine for the punishment-system, but this is not implemented. I wanted to do this in 0.07 but i had to delay this.

I feel like it would make sense story wise to have the mom start doing her sex therapy again with the MC setting it up through a web cam. Like private shows/actual therapy that allows for some anonymity that would allow her to make more money and get away from the job that she not only over qualified for but also dislikes. She might even want to show her appreciation.
This might be something for a sequel game. :unsure: (y)
But for this game i have different plans.

On a side note... Why wouldn't MC just call the cops on Tiny? He knows where they are, he could go there make sure they are there and call on his cell phone so he knows they are getting caught. He could even do something with the gun ahead of time or plant it somewhere in/near the house to get him in more trouble. Also don't know why he didn't follow the chick he paid for Charles each week to find where they were much earlier.
I think I described that in the game as the thoughts of MC.
If the cops arrest Tiny Charles, he might tell where the gang is hiding.
MC's afraid that Tiny Charles will be ambush him if he goes after Darla.

Thanks again. You're doing great work.
:)

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Found the 0.5 version on my disk and tried it. Wow ... this is a shitshow. I stopped even before any "sandbox" elements showed up. The first choice you get, doesnt change anything (grope or fuck Linda) - worst start ever.

Than there is the whole "story" ... this feels more like something out of the mind of a child/teen, that dont understand how life works. The final goal is to fuck all the mean used bitches? I mean - we could have fucked the head bitch right away. Mission accomplished.

Then the MC doesnt even have a real plan. Humiliate the gang and leave the criminal live ... ?? Oh and then he rents a trailer (and thats a camper ... not a trailer) and rents the basement of that woman - already forgot what she were - his granny or some social worker. nvm. He pays her 250$/month for a basement? Why? ... I bet to add some kind of moneysink think to the upcoming "sandbox"? So he pays 400$/month for 2 "bases of operation" instead of using that money to get himself a decent small flat? sure.

Sorry, all that hits me so hard I cant get immersed into the game and that is needed to have fun.

3.10 star(s) 44 Votes