BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
is there a way to skip time? im stuck saturday morning, with no way to skip forward
no, skipping time may lead to missing scenes! Just read the dialoges in game to learn about what to do next. There is also a walkthrough linked in first post of this thread. Keep in mind to use the lastes bugfix, especially when you are arround day 45 to 63.

supernova874

Sep 18, 2019
i get always this problem :
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
ImportError: No module named matrix

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()a
  File "D:\games\BangCity-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\games\BangCity-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "D:\games\BangCity-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games\BangCity-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games\BangCity-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3477, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "D:\games\BangCity-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "D:\games\BangCity-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "D:\games\BangCity-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "D:\games\BangCity-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "D:\games\BangCity-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 910, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "D:\games\BangCity-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 845, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "D:\games\BangCity-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 308, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games\BangCity-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 315, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "D:\games\BangCity-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 729, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "D:\games\BangCity-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 62, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)
ImportError: No module named matrix

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
BangCity VN 0.09b
Sun Sep 20 13:31:20 2020
Same here old saves from February works , newest saves from June dont...

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
no, skipping time may lead to missing scenes! Just read the dialoges in game to learn about what to do next. There is also a walkthrough linked in first post of this thread. Keep in mind to use the lastes bugfix, especially when you are arround day 45 to 63.
I don't think I've seen such a misplay by a developer in what has happened to this game, in a long time. Ultimately the UI and focus change from a more sandbox experience to a linear story with a new UI has failed by almost every metric that I can judge it on. The game is more confusing, the game is more buggy, the game is less interactive, the game is less fun to play and the player has less agency in the game.

At this point, and as a developer I realise how dramatic a statement that this is, I would consider a total scrapping of the changes and face the problems of the old standard head on.

Sometimes you have to realise that you are going down the wrong path and that ultimately the further that you go will result in ore and more work to change it in the future. We've all done it.

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I don't think I've seen such a misplay by a developer in what has happened to this game, in a long time. Ultimately the UI and focus change from a more sandbox experience to a linear story with a new UI has failed by almost every metric that I can judge it on. The game is more confusing, the game is more buggy, the game is less interactive, the game is less fun to play and the player has less agency in the game.

At this point, and as a developer I realise how dramatic a statement that this is, I would consider a total scrapping of the changes and face the problems of the old standard head on.

Sometimes you have to realise that you are going down the wrong path and that ultimately the further that you go will result in ore and more work to change it in the future. We've all done it.
Of course I know that there are technical problems in the game. These are because from the beginning I was too ambitious to make a game the way I would like to play it myself and did not pay enough attention to the fact that not everyone plays the game the way I would and did not recognize possible glitches.

From many feedbacks I know, that problems mostly occur when players don't play the content as it is intended. That's why I have already automated trigger events on some games that are critical, so that you get ahead in the game. I think that with the last patch all problems should be solved. But of course I could be wrong.

But I also learned that many players reach the end of the versions of the game. These are the players who read the dialogues and know what to do. BangCity is not a game where you can click through quickly to see dirty scenes.

This is my first game, so I would probably do a lot of things differently if I had to start all over again. But if I would do a complete rework now, it would take too long until new content is released. So I play with the idea of developing BangCity as it is now until a certain moment and then continue the BangCity2 in a new game.
Maybe this will be the time when MC and Valerie have active sex with each other and that could be the end of the old game and the start of the new one. But the final decision on this has not yet been made.

This has the advantage that the game will be smaller and the download times will be shorter. And then I can do things differently and implement new ideas. But until then, I will have to gain experience and find and correct old mistakes. I guess, I will be able to eliminate all bugs and sources of error until then. But what I would never change is the content of the game. But that is not the issue here.

There is certainly still a lot I need to learn and also about the needs of the players and their playing behaviour.
Therefore I understand every criticism as constructive criticism and try to learn from it.

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
is there a way to skip time? im stuck saturday morning, with no way to skip forward
I run into the same issue. Don't know if it's bad coding, but I think we're all better off just waiting for this game to finish, before trying to play it again. Ever since that "fake day" was put into the game, the errors keeping you from playing the game or advancing the story started.
I was this close to donating, but I won't put money behind a game that wont let me play. I'll be back in a year or two once it's finished.

Reactions: P_Bateman

Gugatron

Dec 12, 2017
I have a problem, I am on the day that I am going to work and I see Darla entering a house. When it comes at evening, I have to go visit her hiding place, but I can't tell her to go to the gang's hiding place to visit Linda, but I can't, because she says I have a date, but I don't and I get stuck on the map without power proceed or return home.
P.S. Sorry for my English.

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I have a problem, I am on the day that I am going to work and I see Darla entering a house. When it comes at evening, I have to go visit her hiding place, but I can't tell her to go to the gang's hiding place to visit Linda, but I can't, because she says I have a date, but I don't and I get stuck on the map without power proceed or return home.
P.S. Sorry for my English.
Okay, you missed a date with Vivian the day before. No idea how you missed it, because there is no other option but to meet her.

I see you did use the console, because you have $ 90.000 cash. That is not needed. Did you use the console more often?
I really do not recommend to use the console, only if it is really needed.
Well, you did it before, so make dateevent2 = 4 and you can play on. But I cant promise you wont have any other problems becuase i don't know what you cheated else.
So go to the gang hideout or to the trailerpark before you go to georgestreet.

Reactions: Gugatron

Gugatron

Dec 12, 2017
Okay, you missed a date with Vivian the day before. No idea how you missed it, because there is no other option but to meet her.

I see you did use the console, because you have $ 90.000 cash. That is not needed. Did you use the console more often?
I really do not recommend to use the console, only if it is really needed.
Well, you did it before, so make dateevent2 = 4 and you can play on. But I cant promise you wont have any other problems becuase i don't know what you cheated else.
So go to the gang hideout or to the trailerpark before you go to georgestreet.
Only cheated only for money.

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
How to complete "tracy and Peggy lesbian show" quest. My mc went there. But no option to talk

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
How to complete "tracy and Peggy lesbian show" quest. My mc went there. But no option to talk
There is a scedule that sets the shows.
They are makeing lesbian shows at
Thuesday evening
Thursday late evening
just enter the webcam room when they are there

mijati

Dec 7, 2019
so,day 63 and game over ?
valery dont let me go to the city
i shall just hang arround in the basement. <---- cant be done at all ....
valery is in the shower, and i cant do anything at all
so basicaly the game just stops at day 63

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
so,day 63 and game over ?
valery dont let me go to the city
i shall just hang arround in the basement. <---- cant be done at all ....
valery is in the shower, and i cant do anything at all
so basicaly the game just stops at day 63
I know that glitch and fixed it with the last bigfix. Use that!
Alternative way:
Dont enter the shower and dont press "Dont enter", else that glitxh happens. Try to go to the city first, Valerie will stop you. Now enter the shower, Valerie sends you out and then meet her in the livingroom! Then enter her bedroom, then go to the basement and (try to) sleep.

3.10 star(s) 44 Votes