• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Kallumin

Jan 2, 2018
This looks really hot, but I can't progress right now. I took Mads with me, and we got through a cave filled with bats. We got to an area where you can find a wooden sword (or 100 coins, I can't remember) in a chest. There's a bridge here that I can repair for 10 wood. Problem is, it takes my wood and my character says the bridge is fixed, but it actually isn't. It's still displayed as broken, and you can't walk across the gap. The other bridges by the cave entrance (which lead to woods you can't enter) can be fixed, but this bridge might be bugged? Or is this the end of the demo?

Reactions: igorminaj

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Lol, and now they are charging money for "Demo"?
What's the next step? You need to pay money if you want to talk about it?

On this game in particular, no (it's baradise escape, for fucks sake) but it would be really useful for the rest of games with the gay tag. People just plaster this tag all over even if the MC even hold hands with another man.

EDIT: Before anyone quote me, I know, it's the rules and it is what it is. But it doesn't make them right for people looking for Gay/Lesbian focused games.
Even the "gay protagonist game list" is full of games about Trap / sissy / Hetero with a slice of gay content,
And even I'm looking for gay games, I'm looking for "hunk" style, not "Yaoi" / Femboy style, but both are categorised as "gay".
The truth is, these tags really doesn't do much on their own.

Last edited:

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
I first thought this needed to be tagged with both RPGM and Ren'Py, because while the overlying engine is clearly Ren'py, the underlying mechanics look and feel very much like RPGM. Also some of the screenshots look very much RPGM-like.

Then I found the folder /game/pink_engine, and learned about , a framework for using tiled-created orthogonal maps in Ren'py.
Never seen that before, thought I'd paste the link in here for those interested and/or asking themselves the same question I did.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
But what if the protagonist is totally straight, while the game itself is 100% gay?
Then it would be game over right at the start :ROFLMAO:
Actually, that could be a very interesting game: A straight male MC try to survive in a 100% gay world - one way or another.
Featuring corruption, mind control, survival, tentacle and game overs ;)
(Just like those Hetero Hentai that female MC tried to escape from XXX

Jun 13, 2018
Oh goodie! Good art, great looking characters, and an island setting. This is checking some good boxes for me. Just a quick question about the multiple endings thing and please try not to spoil if you can. Is this a "You only end up with one guy" game or can you end the game with multiple guys in one play through? That's all I want to know.

dontcarewhateverno

Jan 25, 2021
I didn't read the tags because I like a game to surprise me. But with this many pumped-up dude-bros working together, I bet they'll be smashing pussy every. damn. minute. Gonna be a real squaw-fest, that's for sure. Can't wait to get it on with all the fine female sluts I didn't see in the screenshots. The mystery of what you don't show just whets the appetite. I get you, dev. ;)

Got my lube ready and raring to boot up! I'll let you all know my thoughts.

Kallumin

Jan 2, 2018
I'm stuck in here. The bat keep showing up.

View attachment 1971424
I got beyond that bat before. The critter is immortal, but you can just quickly go left after you won the fight. As long as you are not on the same tile as it. Reload a previous save and go past it one tile lower. But there's nothing up there, just a huge tree with a big egg that you can't interact with.

Last edited:

ppadjake

Nov 13, 2021
This looks really hot, but I can't progress right now. I took Mads with me, and we got through a cave filled with bats. We got to an area where you can find a wooden sword (or 100 coins, I can't remember) in a chest. There's a bridge here that I can repair for 10 wood. Problem is, it takes my wood and my character says the bridge is fixed, but it actually isn't. It's still displayed as broken, and you can't walk across the gap. The other bridges by the cave entrance (which lead to woods you can't enter) can be fixed, but this bridge might be bugged? Or is this the end of the demo?
100% bug, not the end.

I keep getting the it's too dangerous to go to the forest text.. any clues how to access?
only wait till the day 7th, no way to speed it up.

#FYI
How to light up the fire?
- open up the inventory and put a branch in MC's hand instead of a weapon.

aver.creep

Jul 25, 2022
Unfortunately, It's not as "bara" as it could be, so I guess that title is wrong or misleading, even the studio is called "Meyaoi" LOL. Their faces are too feminine, IMHO this looks like just slightly more masculine than yaoi...
Yeah, their definition of bara seems like a distant cousin of the actual genre (especially when one of the characters is a literal twink). Looking at all the characters together only three or so seem to actually fit the bill, sadly.

ppadjake

Nov 13, 2021
If you guys want to talk about what Yaoi actually means and what Bara is...

#FYI
For some female Yaoi fans " Yaoi Gay "
Sounds ridiculous right?
But it's true. At least in the beginning.
If the game's title is wrong. what should it be?
Or it was just wrong at the beginning...

aver.creep

Jul 25, 2022
If the game's title is wrong. what should it be?
Or it was just wrong at the beginning...
Idk, I just think that if the game has the word "bara" in the title and the genre is known for overly-masculine and muscular body types (as well as a lot of body hair) that at least half of the cast should probably look like that.
Personally, I don't really mind their looks but think the title could've also easily been "Paradise Escape" without the pun (especially since Citali looks like a typical portrayal of a guy in the yaoi genre and bara is... not that).

Other than that I just hope that the finished game will be much more playable than this demo is since I kept running into errors until I gave up. Sad life.

Reactions: Keeyan

chrisbbg

Mar 4, 2020
1 day i need walk to night to end one day....this so waster time .....and MC just in island collect item....and kill animal leveling...time too slow.....

Lorenh80

Dec 29, 2020
This game is bugged as hell. But this is not matter, im happy to se another "proprer" game in development and not yet another VN.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Idk, I just think that if the game has the word "bara" in the title and the genre is known for overly-masculine and muscular body types (as well as a lot of body hair) that at least half of the cast should probably look like that.
Personally, I don't really mind their looks but think the title could've also easily been "Paradise Escape" without the pun (especially since Citali looks like a typical portrayal of a guy in the yaoi genre and bara is... not that).

Other than that I just hope that the finished game will be much more playable than this demo is since I kept running into errors until I gave up. Sad life.
On the contrary, "Bara"("Rose" in Japanese) is essentially the same as "YAOI" or "BL", which only featuring "flower-like" males for female audience.

"Bara" used for muscular males only among some communities and not wide spread.
For example, if you talk about "Bara", I would be confused which one you are referring to. And that's why you were explaining yourself.

Tho I do wonder if there are better ways to referring to "gay audience game", "masculine gay game". (I know in Japan they have "for gays" and "Muscle orientate")
As well as for the likes of this one, since it's in between "gay focused" and "Yaoi".

Also, this is a "Demo", Which = unfinished contents and bugs.
If it bothers you just wait it finished.