• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Lorenh80

Dec 29, 2020
100% bug, not the end.

only wait till the day 7th, no way to speed it up.

#FYI
How to light up the fire?
- open up the inventory and put a branch in MC's hand instead of a weapon.
Wait what??? Is mandatory to wait 7 day before is it possible to do someting?? but it takes 1 hour to end one single day. This is INSANE

Reactions: yacik

aver.creep

Jul 25, 2022
On the contrary, "Bara"("Rose" in Japanese) is essentially the same as "YAOI" or "BL", which only featuring "flower-like" males for female audience.

"Bara" used for muscular males only among some communities and not wide spread.
For example, if you talk about "Bara", I would be confused which one you are referring to. And that's why you were explaining yourself.
That's interesting to know! I guess the Bara I'm referring to is the western version or something, since that's all you can find when looking it up.

YoukoKurama

Nov 29, 2017
This takes the whole "Why are you making this game in RPGmaker just make it a vn in Renpy instead" to a whole new level. Giga chad move, instead of making a vn just make RPG maker in Renpy instead, love it.

Kallumin

Jan 2, 2018
Having to wait 7 days to be able to progress is insane. It takes like half an hour of real time for a day to get to the point where you can go to sleep, and you can't even let the game run in the background because your chars will die of thirst or hunger. And it's not like you can do anything meaningful, farming the respawning bats in the cave take less than an hour in-game time, and foraging is useless due to your limited inventory and no way to store (or sell) stuff. A truly baffling design decision.

enzinay

May 11, 2021
If this is calling itself a demo it's an insult to other game demos out there. Demo means you have a vertical slice to show. Only thing it demonstrates are embarrassing bugs. This is running on a visual novel engine that has a badly programmed rpg engine shoved in it.

First time starting up there were already problems for me. If you get an exception and traceback talking about controller 0 when you start a new game, it's the rpg engine's fault. It thinks there's a controller when you don't have any connected. Open the file in game/pink_engine/orthogonal_tiled_map.py and go to line 5207 (CTRL+G in many editors) or search for: def _get_controllers(). Replace the whole function with
Python:
def _get_controllers():
    return []
This destroys controller support. Don't even try playing it with a controller anyway. Doesn't even control well with a keyboard with how laggy it is.

Yes the broken bridge going to the panda is broken in more than 1 sense. You can get out of the fight with the immortal bird bat by escaping, holding shift and running away from it right after escaping. The game doesn't tell you but you can run with holding shift.

Don't eat or throw away coconuts before finding mads and the cave or else you can get softlocked because you need to get 5 coconuts for mads to complete the quest after you get in the cave. What else... careful when you cook, I had it delete my food items when putting them on and off the 3 slots. And after you won a fight sometimes one character will be set to 0% health, whoever killed the enemy. Had that happen with foxes and deer, but only when I'm with mads. Have fun with collecting 20 medicinal herbs to get back to 100% lol (one way to spend your irl hours to get to day 8).

I also didn't find out what completes mads bed quest, so.... ended up going to that egg nest many times because I thought I missed something there. Good way to farm claws though... which also fills up your inventory over the 50 item limit somehow. Too bad the glitch doesn't work for getting wood, but even if it worked I don't think it's enough for that panda bridge no matter what.

To show mads my love for this demo, I got him an appropriate gift: gift.png

Game has very good art otherwise. The background noises of the island are nice. The game idea is totally destroyed by the bad programming and weird game design. Why is this an rpgmaker style survival game anyway? Is there a purpose in furthering the story or was it added because it sounded cool? Maybe because it's a survival situation they thought it should have survival mechanics? I don't know, it's so weird. They should really disable collision with the pickups and change the hitbox of the trees

Last edited:
Reactions: Branchus and yacik

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
If this is calling itself a demo it's an insult to other game demos out there. Demo means you have a vertical slice to show. Only thing it demonstrates are embarrassing bugs. This is running on a visual novel engine that has a badly programmed rpg engine shoved in it.
Nowadays "Demo" (especially Paid Demo like this one) is more of an excuse these devs try to sell you unfinished messy bug feast, also to get free testers which even pay them money to offer labour. :ROFLMAO:

Spatches

Dec 10, 2017
Having to wait 7 days to be able to progress is insane. It takes like half an hour of real time for a day to get to the point where you can go to sleep, and you can't even let the game run in the background because your chars will die of thirst or hunger. And it's not like you can do anything meaningful, farming the respawning bats in the cave take less than an hour in-game time, and foraging is useless due to your limited inventory and no way to store (or sell) stuff. A truly baffling design decision.
Meyaoi is absolutely horrendous with game grinds. Seiyuu Danshii is worse than this is so far, but this is only a demo so maybe in the full release it will take 900 real time days to actually finish the game

kthulu24

Nov 27, 2019
Hello everybody
I emailed the creator to find out if he was aware of these huge inconveniences and bugs, and I think it's useful to know the answer:

I know the gameplay is a bit annoying right now. Even I think that way too lol. I'm currently remaking the game entirely in a new engine (Godot) to enable more fun gameplay in general.
As for inventory, I'll probably go with slot-based limited inventory, kinda like in Stardew Valley etc.

Anyway, thanks for the detailed feedback, I'll try to read it carefully when I'm in the remaking process. I honestly don't care if the game demo is downloaded illegally (since it's just a demo). Currently leaving it Patreon-locked until I'm done with the new demo though, since I plan to remake it entirely and don't want even more players to play the current lacking demo.

I explained him in detail all the inconveniences and bugs around the gameplay, specifically:
  1. bugs on the bridge that makes the materials disappear, on the access to the woods, on the bear that cannot be killed and on the bird that interacts like a bat. there is also a bug that allows the same item (such as a weapon) to be used on both characters.;
  2. the gameplay too penalized by the limited inventory and with a huge number of resources that are useless in the early stages of the game and cannot be accumulated;
  3. the enormous difficulty in playing around objects that you do not want to collect such as twigs, mushrooms and flowers. This creates the feel of a "maze-simulator" rather than smooth gameplay;
  4. the terrible management of extractable resources in the rocks (too many stones and minerals even outside the caves) and the incomprehensibility of where to find certain missing objects for crafting. it is absolutely necessary to write some pop-ups, for example "maybe you can find this item on the beach", if I need a shell;
  5. Manage your time in the game much better: a speed of exploration time is absolutely necessary if we want to advance the days quickly. the same goes for the respawn of resources on the island, too slow during the many days;
  6. I built a bridge simply by having some wood in the inventory, but to start the fire in the cave I didn't realize that I had to manually place three twigs in my hand to be able to use them.This difference creates a lot of confusion in the experience of what was learned before and what to do next, as well as making it unnecessary to make it too necessary to manually select what you have in hand for everything (including a bottle of water to fill);
  7. take advantage of the sexual factor in the game immediately: have I filled my heart bar to the maximum? creates situations of sexual frustration to be vented with the partner or with masturbation. Create more dialogue with partner from the start, for now it's too nasty and quiet, and the amount of interactions is limited to the maximum;
We can only wait, but I think the real mistake he's making (and I told him) is that someone have paid for this really bad demo in previous months. All the criticisms that have been made here and elsewhere are absolutely legitimate. I do a lot of interaction design, and he told me that he will take these and other detailed feedbacks in consideration for the new game engine. I want to trust its next release, because I believe that the idea of the project has enormous narrative and graphic potential. But he has to make the most of them right away or he just risks creating a lot of bad publicity around the title. At least not to disfigure those who deal with narration or art (the same as the excellent Coming Out on Top), they do not deserve to be undermined by bad programming.

I will wait, and if this trust is deserved it will return as a decent game. If not, let's go back to not having a potential nice Gay game. I hope you are at least "hopeful" for what this game could give as me.

Last edited:

Gasbag127

Oct 5, 2021
Screenshot (9).png
I got stuck in an infinite loop of fighting this "Bat". Game looks nice, but is still very new. F95 needs more gay games so keep it up!

sergylort

Jun 3, 2020
View attachment 2015566
I got stuck in an infinite loop of fighting this "Bat". Game looks nice, but is still very new. F95 needs more gay games so keep it up!
Don't kill it!!! I also got stuck, you have to escape the fight and then it disappears for a short time so you can continue going forward. But I think that there isn't anything interesting in that part of the map.

Last edited: