Mod Ren'Py Bare Witness [Ch. 5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning. After a ~4hr nap I have my first cup of coffee and fire up the IDE.

The potential delays today will only be one task periodically throughout: I WILL be prepping and smoking these briskets that was already planned (I worked my ass off through yesterday afternoon to wrap up all my current updates so I'd be free this weekend... I didn't see that all these devs would be dropping more updates on a holiday weekend yet again.

I'm not whining, I'll be working everyday, just giving fair warning that one cannot physically code while prepping the pit and dry rubbin' and wrapping these bad boys. I'm only human. :ROFLMAO: :p

I'll post back after a while (after more coffee consumption) if I find anything wonky or I have an idea to soundboard off y'all (like a final Critical Patch screen or other feature to wrap this final update with).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Shit, I forgot to mention: Early this morning when I finally shut things down to get some rest I was being cock-blocked by a bug that I had in the (now previous) update in SanchoGallery. The HeideiCuminside Variants button wasn't working for all those scenes I have marked as having variants. I looked for over an hour and couldn't figure it out.

Halfway through this first cup of coffee and BAM... I Einstein'd a (genius) bit of code that made it all work as I had originally intended with this little ditty right here:

scope=If(_O00O0000O0O00OOO0,_OOOO0O0O0O0O00000a,O00OOO0OO0OO0OOOO[4])

I'm actually surprised in over a year since this new VN update that no one (including myself) didn't notice this scene variant button being 50% borked. But, regardless, it's sorted. We're one step closer to "perfection"... yet so far away.

Sep 13, 2020
Shit, I forgot to mention: Early this morning when I finally shut things down to get some rest I was being cock-blocked by a bug that I had in the (now previous) update in SanchoGallery. The HeideiCuminside Variants button wasn't working for all those scenes I have marked as having variants. I looked for over an hour and couldn't figure it out.

Halfway through this first cup of coffee and BAM... I Einstein'd a (genius) bit of code that made it all work as I had originally intended with this little ditty right here:

scope=If(_O00O0000O0O00OOO0,_OOOO0O0O0O0O00000a,O00OOO0OO0OO0OOOO[4])

I'm actually surprised in over a year since this new VN update that no one (including myself) didn't notice this scene variant button being 50% borked. But, regardless, it's sorted. We're one step closer to "perfection"... yet so far away.
Coffee is the sure winner rn!

allosa

Sep 6, 2018
Good morning. After a ~4hr nap I have my first cup of coffee and fire up the IDE.

The potential delays today will only be one task periodically throughout: I WILL be prepping and smoking these briskets that was already planned (I worked my ass off through yesterday afternoon to wrap up all my current updates so I'd be free this weekend... I didn't see that all these devs would be dropping more updates on a holiday weekend yet again.

I'm not whining, I'll be working everyday, just giving fair warning that one cannot physically code while prepping the pit and dry rubbin' and wrapping these bad boys. I'm only human. :ROFLMAO: :p

I'll post back after a while (after more coffee consumption) if I find anything wonky or I have an idea to soundboard off y'all (like a final Critical Patch screen or other feature to wrap this final update with).
Enjoy your briskets and the weekend, we can definetely wait few days.
no need to rush things

Reactions: Issikka and Belly97

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Enjoy your briskets and the weekend, we can definetely wait few days.
no need to rush things
Well, depending on how quickly I can sort all these paths I'd hope for today sometime... we'll see. A bit too early to tell since I'm going back through some of the earlier ChoiceGuide for better clarification of some of the more obscure pathing forks.

VanillaLover

Jun 15, 2021
Well, depending on how quickly I can sort all these paths I'd hope for today sometime... we'll see. A bit too early to tell since I'm going back through some of the earlier ChoiceGuide for better clarification of some of the more obscure pathing forks.
gotta share the recipe of that brisket; I need to consume some form of content
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Example of some expansion on previous ChoiceGuide info. In this example in Ch3, this is a pivotal choice fork that finalizes several paths at one go. I've expanded what will be awarded, and if not, why it won't be (the prerequisites required):

Player does NOT have (HamSandwich):
1716644386338.png

Player has (HamSandwich) but NOT (SadieRelationship):
1716644453152.png

Player has (HamSandwich AND has (SadieRelationship):
1716645234982.png

It takes time to get this much detail inside one choice but I know many folks have been or are confused about certain outcomes. I'll do my best to clarify but it obviously adds time to the mod update process so bear with me.

Last edited:

rrbee

Jun 24, 2020
He is taking his sweet ass time during memorial day weekend enjoying the break while also doing this so it is going to be a bit just be patient please
You missed my joke... which ain't surprising because I'm not a terribly funny person (well, funny looking, but that's a different story all together). What I was hinting at was all the people who come here, download the old version of the mod and try to run it with the new version of the game and then complain that it doesn't work.

By taking down the links to the old mod we won't be getting those people in there complaining.

Reactions: Crazy_Chicken87
4.50 star(s) 8 Votes