Mod Ren'Py Bare Witness [Ch. 5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning.

Hey Sancho1969 , do you take mod requests? If yes, where can we request one. Thanks
You might get lucky and one of the VN's I want to update the mod on and have on my list of todo might be one of the ones you want as well. Otherwise it's a full plate right now bud.

View attachment 2104020
no option to see both paths?
How do you propose that the player can retain both Zenda and Val paths when they both branch off so severely to become completely exclusive (Maddie doesn't count)? I put in a notification to make a save point at the branch splitting. Save there, play one route then reload and play the other. The paths are NOT parallel meaning they never are going to rejoin later. It's like a highway with you placed in the middle of the US with one leading to the East coast and the other leading to the West. Unless I rewrite the script there's no practical way to go both directions at the same time (due to the dev's intentional conditional coding). Bad analogy but I'm on my first cup of coffee.

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
Going to make a suggestion.

The one thing that ticks me off about this game is the continual choices that branch off and ruin chances or scenes with other girls. I do NOT like non harem stuff frankly. I play a game ONCE, not repeatedly to get all the content. I dont want to make continual saves and have two paths in a game that ends up getting confusing. And, how am I supposed to remember what I did in the three months later that the next update comes out? Ya, not happening.

Could you make it in your mod so that at every choice you can just choose both, or at least get the + points for both, and not miss ANY content/scenes?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Could you make it in your mod so that at every choice you can just choose both, or at least get the + points for both, and not miss ANY content/scenes?
Well bud, this VN isn't based on relp really (some minor needs, but not truly a relp-based system). It's basically no different then how Leap of Faith, Being a DIK, or countless other complex pathing VNs work with event variable conditionals (I'm certain you've played a few). There's no way to logically combine MASH+Zenda+Val+Nicole into one seamless story without rewriting the entire dialogue script. And I have zero interest in rewriting any dialogue.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Would relp be short for relationship points or something like that? Just trying to understand a little of what you guys are talking about.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Would relp be short for realationship points or something like that? Just trying to understand a little of what you guys are talking about.
Indeed. Relp is acronym for relationship.

A little deeper into the weeds: See, many of the lighter-coded VN's use relp almost exclusively to maintain scene order for story flow (think "love", "lust", etc). With these types of VNs the art of scene splitting (I call them SanchoSplits) are more readily possible since the pathing generally is parallel, meaning the paths split for a bit of time but can be rejoined in the very near future with little "shock" or alteration to the main storyline.

With complex conditional event coding "relp points" tend to matter much less (although a relp system may still be in effect on top of the event variables). This is done in all forms of code (from financial to entertainment to navigation, all of 'em) to allow specific conditional passes at specific points in time. The basic conditional form is the "If, Else If, Else" format although it can get much more complex. I could truly go further into the weeds but reckon it wouldn't help further unless I wrote some pages with examples... like a lesson of sorts. I've done a bit of that in some of my threads from time to time just to show folks how the sausage is made.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Thank you, I really just expected a sentence or two. Appreciate you taking the time to explain to the coding illiterate.

Reactions: Tinuss

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you, I really just expected a sentence or two. Appreciate you taking the time to explain to the coding illiterate.
I'm on split screens while I code projects (currently working on another VN) so I try to monitor threads periodically which helps force me to take breaks. Honestly I don't think folks really need to understand the code so much as while playing a VN it kind of becomes obvious whether combining "side stories" versus complete storyline changes can be doable or not by simply rearranging the scenes. The dialogue can be quite effective in letting you know that alone. Just throwing that out there. Not everything is going to be a 100% LI candidate.

Reactions: Jarulf

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
As long as the Dev is a good enough writer. Or not being annoyingly cryptic.
But I don't have to play those games, of course.
Anyway, thanks again. It's bedtime for me

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
So, I figured out what the deal was, and all of us was WAY off. Reason for the error messages I was getting, this game hates my gamepad sooooooooooooo much, just being plugged into my computer causes it to error on me. How did I figure it out? When I went to play it, the moment I hit a button on the gamepad, boom, error message. So I figured, fine, another one I will just have to use the keyboard and mouse. Hate doing that, but no biggie, there are a couple on here that's the same way. However, as I was playing along, started getting those error messages again. Thought, maybe if I unplug my gamepad, so it isn't even plugged into the computer, maybe that would work, and wouldn't you know who won the pony. Sure enough, kept the gamepad unplugged and finished the rest of the game, no more problems.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So, I figured out what the deal was, and all of us was WAY off. Reason for the error messages I was getting, this game hates my gamepad sooooooooooooo much, just being plugged into my computer causes it to error on me. How did I figure it out? When I went to play it, the moment I hit a button on the gamepad, boom, error message. So I figured, fine, another one I will just have to use the keyboard and mouse. Hate doing that, but no biggie, there are a couple on here that's the same way. However, as I was playing along, started getting those error messages again. Thought, maybe if I unplug my gamepad, so it isn't even plugged into the computer, maybe that would work, and wouldn't you know who won the pony. Sure enough, kept the gamepad unplugged and finished the rest of the game, no more problems.
So, m'lady, what you're telling us is you're plastic "joystick" is completely out of control? :ROFLMAO: :p (sry, had to to do it, blame the whiskey)

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
So I thought it might be best to ask this here,So in the transition from chapter 3 to chapter 4 I noticed within the stats screen that the Athena Official,Heidi Official and Mora Official stats go or atleast for me went from True to False so I'm just kinda wondering wether thats a glitch with chapter 4 or is that you or the devs fixing a glitch with those stats if you are doing the AT/HE or any of the other non solo paths?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So I thought it might be best to ask this here,So in the transition from chapter 3 to chapter 4 I noticed within the stats screen that the Athena Official,Heidi Official and Mora Official stats go or atleast for me went from True to False so I'm just kinda wondering wether thats a glitch with chapter 4 or is that you or the devs fixing a glitch with those stats if you are doing the AT/HE or any of the other non solo paths?
That's the dev's conditionals at the very beginning of Ch4. Old paths are named into new paths, and where combos are applicable they are made True which makes the solos False, etc.

Reactions: DarhkBlu

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
In case you're semi-code literate, here's the very beginning of the Ch4 code conditionals regarding relps:
Python:
if (hesa_path == True and he_love <= 14) or sadiesolo == True or heidisolo == True:
    $ hesa_path = False
if hamsandwichofficial == True:
    $ heidiofficial = False
    $ athenaofficial = False
    $ moraofficial = False
    $ hesa_path = False
if athenaofficial == True and heidiofficial == True:
    $ anheofficial = True
if anheofficial == True:
    $ heidiofficial = False
    $ athenaofficial = False
    $ hesa_path = False
if hesa_path == True:
    $ heidisadie = True
if heidisadie == True:
    $ heidiofficial = False
    $ sadie_path = False
    $ sadierelationship = False
Note here if the player has both some solo routes and some combo route(s), they are combined and respective solos changed to False to cleanup the mess of relps overall to deal with in the chapter. It's common to do this tbh... except extremely rookie devs who fuck it all up so they just creating new variables making one heck of a mess sometimes.

Reactions: DarhkBlu

Jacob VK

Mar 29, 2019
is there a way to get to the last scene in the gallery?? i tired a lot of paths still not getting it?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
is there a way to get to the last scene in the gallery?? i tired a lot of paths still not getting it?
That one (MASH) is not hard tbh. Obtain HAMsandwich and Sadie and you've got yourself from HAM to MASH.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
how to do it? is there a save file?
I wrote a guide almost a year ago for HAMsandwich which you can find here. You obviously have the mod installed so getting Sadie should be way too easy since she won't leave the MC alone anyway... just roll with her. Ultimately you'll have MASH (MashedPotatoes). I'm not going to supply save files... I write the mods for you to have your own experience, that's the whole point bud. Regards.

Reactions: Elhemeer
4.50 star(s) 8 Votes